t h r e e

Dream of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

t h r e e : over the bruises and wound, and his warm breath

 

“Hey guys!!” the pink haired barge into the room with a big grin, tackling his friends down into a hug.

“The , Baek. We’re almost done!” Chanyeol groans, throwing the controller away as he send daggers through his glare. He was about to beat Jongdae for the first time, and this cotton candy just got to ruin it.

“Sorry!” Baekhyun simply ruffles both of his friend’s hair and jump out of the couch, humming a soft tune as he make his way to the other room – leaving both of them blinking.

“What’s up with him?” Minseok’s voice broke both of the younger out of their trance. They shrugged and shook their head.

“He was all giddy since last night.”

“Maybe he dropped his screws somewhere again.” the giant chuckled.

Minseok glance back to where Baekhyun disappeared to and head to the table. “Maybe.” he pick up his handgun, checking the chamber and begin to load the magazine of the weapon with bullets. “Or maybe it’s about that kid again.” the oldest continues indifferently, tapping the gun with his palm for the last time before he left the room.

Both of them switched looks upon those words and went silent.

 

It’s been a few weeks. To say he has gotten used to the alien presence, that would be an understatement. Or more like, Kyungsoo could careless. His nightmare was long gone since the day he met Baekhyun. That was one good thing. And it seems like the pink hair have cut the constant bothering at his work – though it doesn’t mean he’s less clingy either.

“Morning!”

Kyungsoo look at the male boringly while he lock his gate and turn around to start walking. But then he halted in his track. Something’s missing.

“I thought you hate it.” Baekhyun chuckled, handing the cream bread over as he jump in front of the raven.

“Who said anything?” Kyungsoo roll his eyes but take the bread anyway. He bites on it and begin walking again with the other in front of him, taking steps while facing him.

“What time did you get off work today?”

“I thought you know everything about me?”

“Right. 8 o’clock.” the pink hair grinned. Kyungsoo had the urge to roll his eyes again but hold himself back as he munch on the bread. “I might pick you up late, though. Can you wait?”

“Why would I?”

“Because we need to go home together, of course.”

“No, we don’t. Now can you stop walking like that?” he snapped. It might be because of those dreams but having the latter staring at him like that just make him uncomfortable.

“Why? I want to watch you all day lo- wait, you’re worried that I might trip, don’t you?”

Kyungsoo sighed. There he goes again. “You’re ridiculous.” he stuffs the bread’s plastic in his pocket. “I can’t see. So move, dummy.” Kyungsoo push the pink hair’s head slightly and walk over pass him.

It doesn’t take less than a second for the male to catch up on him and slung his arm over his shoulder. Kyungsoo didn’t say anything, though. He ignore the man all along the walk while the latter was too busy babbling about things he had no choice but to listen to.

 

“Hyung, Baekhyun hasn’t been around lately.” Jongin turn to the older.

As if on instinct, Kyungsoo reply with no interest. “Who cares.”

“Aye, hyung.” the younger bump his shoulder, teasingly. “Don’t tell me he give up because you were too stubborn?”

“Shut up.” he knock the tray on the latter’s head, receiving a loud yelp instead.

Before Jongin could retort back, a voice beat him to it. “He said he’s going to be busy this week.” Junmyeon leans against the counter, glancing at Kyungsoo. “Told us to watch over his baby penguin.” he chuckled.

Kyungsoo scoffed. “Psh. Just watch over himself.”

“Did you just ignore the fact that he call you his baby penguin?” Jongin smirked.

Smack.

“Ah, hyung!”

 

Kyungsoo stood by the backdoor of the café, leaning his back against the wall while tapping his feet on the dirty pavement of the alley. His shift ended long ago and the café has closed already by now. No, he’s not waiting for Baekhyun. No way. Then what was he doing? He had no idea himself. The raven check on his watch and groans when it shows that 30 minutes has passed. “What the hell..” he ruffles his own hair and slung his back on a shoulder. He push himself off the wall and start walking home alone – for the first time in a while.

Since he got nothing else to think about, well then he thought of Baekhyun. About where does the guy live, or what kind of work does he do for living. Kyungsoo just realized that he know nothing about his so-called stalker. It’s not like he has any reason to. But since the guy seems to know everything about him, he just can’t help but wonder about it.

“Hey, kid.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter