n i n e

Dream of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

nine; over your pink fluffy locks and those days missing you

Baekhyun lied.

Kyungsoo waited for him that morning for two hours. Two hours, until Junmyeon call to ask if he's alright - because Kyungsoo was never late before and he certainly wouldn't skip his work. He didn't know what led him to wait for the pink haired that day.

But later, when he was brewing some coffee at the back of the cafe for himself, he finally realized why. He waited because he wanted to believe that Baekhyun would keep his promise. He wanted to trust Baekhyun. He wanted to think that waiting for that guy would be worth it.

And maybe, just maybe... Kyungsoo wanted to believe that whatever Baekhyun had for him was real - not just a facade or some feelings he misinterpreted. Because no matter how Kyungsoo seem to deny everything, the thought of having someone to actually care that much about him... gave him a sense of comfort he had never felt in his life before. For once, Kyungsoo actually like being dependant on someone. For once, he wanted that someone to be here.

The raven was brought back to reality when he felt a drop of water on his hand. That's when he realized that he was crying. Damn, how much he hate himself for letting a stupid pink haired guy to get a control over him this much.

....

The loud explosion make Chanyeol jump in his spot, "What the actual is that, Dae!" he shouted through his earpiece. "I thought you are supposed to stop the bomb!"

"Sorry, my fingers slipped." Jongdae's loud laughter almost deafened both Chanyeol and Baekhyun's ears as they roll their eyes. When it comes to Jongdae, luck was always on his side - even though he was like clumsy for 23 hours a day. Except for that one hour when he's dead asleep on the leather chair.

Baekhyun sighed, checking the remaining bullets in his gun. "Can we get this over right away? My lil' squishy is waiting at home."

A snort came from his right. "As if Kyungsoo would even wait for- ack! Hey, that's hurt!" Chanyeol whined when Baekhyun smack his head.

"Guys, focus." upon hearing the older's grunt from the other line, all of them fell silent. Minseok muffled something under his breath. "I got the files. I think we're out of Dragons' radar. But watch your back, just in case. Let's head back now. Jongdae, check the route."

"Roger."

BANG!

"Oh !" Chanyeol cursed and few others shooting followed. "What the hell was that?" a panicked voice came from Jongdae.

No reply.

A series of shots was heard and Minseok almost lose his mind from the lack of response. "Chanyeol! Baekhyun!"

There's a loud panting ovelapping with each other's and constant footsteps echoes through the piece. Even Jongdae who's sitting in the caravan could feel the tension as their leader keep on screaming for responses from the two.

Then there comes a groan of pain.

"Back up, back up! They detected us!" Chanyeol shouted frantically and both of them grew alert immediately.

"Dammit Baek, don't die on me!"

.....

Two months, and three weeks.

Christmas passed. Winter almost coming to an end, just like that.

Baekhyun.. still hasn't come back.

Kyungsoo stopped waiting.

He decided to stop hoping for something so fragile. He lived just fine all these years. Baekhyun was supposed to be a dream. And that's all he'll ever be.

Walking to work that day, Kyungsoo didn't expect anything. He simply open the door and step inside with empty mind - not expecting a loud cheer of "Surprise!" to greet him.

He blinked. Surprise, indeed. But too dumbfounded for any reaction.

"Happy Birthday!!" and the familiar happy birthday song echoes through the small cafe which now decorated with balloons and a huge banner. Kyungsoo can only stand there, froze in his spot before a smile broke on his face at the familiar faces. Yes, faces.

Junmyeon, Jongin and few of his coworkers stand in the middle of the space, holding a cake while singing to him excitedly. He softened at the thought of having friends around him that appreciate him and even thought of making a surprise birthday party for him. He was too preoccupied with a certain idiot these few months that he forgot there are people who matters in his life.

Though as soon as the song ended, Kyungsoo found his eyes travel across the crowd - in search for a certain pink head.

.....

"You were spacing out." The raven look to his left and smile at the older who settled beside him on the bench.

"No. I'm just watching people walking by." he excused in a soft voice, lifting the cup of coffee to his lips and take a sip. Kyungsoo make a face at the taste when he realizes his coffee isn't warm anymore. He hates cold coffee. He had been sitting outside for a while now, he didn't even realize time ticking.

"I mean these days. Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter