CHAPTER 3

Timeless Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality. "

Emily Dickinson

 

 

 

 

Sowon’s mind was so preoccupied by all the events that she almost forgot about the lifeless girl.
Yerin was about to speak but Sowon talked first: 

 

I am sorry Yerin but can I just go back to the castle’s garden ? I forgot something. - she didn't reveal everything because she would have had to explain everything if she had told Yerin the truth.  And she didn't allow time for that. 

 

Yerin didn’t have the chance to respond that Sowon was already gone.  She practically ran to the garden.

 

However when she arrived at the exact position she had left the girl, the latter wasn’t there. Sowon began to panic as her mind was becoming a mess: Where was the girl ? Maybe she had woken up ? No it was impossible, she was asleep till here so why would she wake up all of a sudden ? Someone must have taken her … a guard ? That last hypothesis made Sowon boil up. She ran back in the room where was Yerin. She approached her stormily. Though confusion was written all over Yerin’s face, Sowon's eyes were still smoldering. She then incriminated her indirectly through a question: 

 

Yerin tell me the truth … where is SinB ? 

 

SinB ? I don’t know  … wait … are you talking about the Snow Kingdom princess ? 

 

Yes where is she ?! I put her on the grass in your garden ! Sowon was clearly mad. 

 

What do you mean by you’ve put her in the grass ? 

 

Yerin was unexpectedly really calm, but she was naturally like that, that’s why she was really suited to be a queen just like Sowon. However the latter wasn’t able to keep her composure this time. Maybe because the issue concerned SinB. 

 

Tell your guards to search for her ?! cried out Sowon. Her angriness was lowering, and instead she was feeling more and more hopeless. She totally disregarded Yerin’s question. 

 

Hey - Yerin said calmly while holding Sowon’s shoulders gently. Calm down, it is gonna be okay. I am sure, we will find her  - she reassured her wisely before ordering her guards to search for SinB. 

 

What does she look like ? asked the guard. 

 

A black-haired girl, fair-skin, beautiful face … described Sowon. 

 

The guard nodded before leaving the room. 

 

Now can you please tell me what happened ? asked Yerin really seriously. 

 

Sowon nodded. At one moment or another, she was going to tell her the truth anyway. Yerin deserved to know.
Yerin took Sowon’s hand and led them towards the luxurious sofa. They sat on it then Yerin demanded one of her maids to bring them drinks. Yerin was still holding Sowon’s hand and that somehow made Sowon relax. But don’t misunderstand, the action was purely affectionate. There was nothing more. It was still mesmerizing how Yerin could be friendly and at the same time impressively charismatic. 

 

My kingdom has been destroyed - Sowon confessed and hearing these words from her own mouth made Sowon heartbroken. 

 

Yerin frowned. 

 

You won the war against Snow Kingdom though. How is that even possible ? 

 

Some black magic destroyed it. 

 

Yerin’s eyes widened. Sowon resumed:

 

And it’s all my fault. 

 

A glimpse of fear could be seen in Yerin’s eyes but she kept calm and asked:

 

What do you mean ? 

 

I was the reason my parents waged war on the Snow Kingdom and I think that black magic just wanted my kingdom to get revenge. Each day, a part of my kingdom was burning by it dark magical flames. And I couldn’t do anything because I was myself filled by that black magic. It was consuming me each day more and more. It controlled my mind and each time I was coming back into my senses I had no memory of what I had been doing while it was controlling me. Because of that, I did so many horrible things … I killed thousands of my people. I don’t even know why I am still alive. I deserved to die. But if I am still here it is because of her. 

 

Because of who ? 

 

SinB … she is … she is the only one left … well my sister Yewon too but I don’t even know if she and Yuju have made it through. - Sowon confessed while lowering her head. 

 

Yerin empathy was felt through the little tap she applied on Sowon’s shoulder:

 

I am sure we will find SinB. The guards will quickly notice her if she is wandering in the castle alone. 

 

It is impossible. SinB isn’t awake. At least, she wasn’t when I left her. 

 

Wait, what do you mean ? Was she sleeping ?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter