CHAPTER 15

Timeless Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

«  Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. »

Richard Puz

 

 

 

 

If you were there in front of me, that’s what I would have told you: I would depict  how my eyes filled with horror when I realized what I - or you or rather we - have just done. Your back was leaned on me that is to say that I was literally back hugging you. I saw blood on my hands and on the dagger that I was holding as your hands were still pressed on mine. But I also heard Kittu’s father agonizing scream. The room became full of dark particles and suddenly a door appeared. The door was as bright as the sun and when it opened a blinding light pierced the darkness. Like a whirlwind, the door up all the dark particles until nothing remains. 

In the mean time, I had managed to turn you around so that I can see your face. I couldn’t look down at the bloody hole in your chest. I didn’t have the courage but as I was looking at your face I was surprised to see the serenity and those pearls of tears shaped in moon coming from your beautiful and outstanding eyes. Your sad smile before you managed to say your last words while panting: « It is finally over Yerin … Love. » Then you closed your eyes and I swore I have never screamed this loud I was sure they heard me miles away in the desert. But I didn’t care I was raging and non stop crying. I kissed you and hugged you while I was drowning in my ocean of tears. Suddenly your body lifted up, you were flying in the air before you vanished in the black sky of that moonless night. Then everything went dark. 

 

I woke up I don’t know how long after. The Fremen were still here except that they had returned to their human forms … I’ve known after that they have lost their powers. Kittu’s father had disappeared - there was nothing left but I guess after everything he had done, he couldn’t be saved as he was only darkness - the power having blackened his soul in a indelible way. The Fremen or should I rather say the creatures of Time hit the road at the search of repentance and to pray for their lost children - the Children of Time now that the 9 of them were gone. 

 

The girls woke up - all conscious of what had happened. However I am the only one who knows your story because I am the one who opened the door. 

Yuju and Sowon are fine but they are still shocked. As for Umji, she tremendously regrets all her words and actions. I was surprised because I saw darkness emanate from her when the door opened. I guess her soul was blacken because of her selfishness and her obsessional love for SinB. Hopefully it didn’t become completely black - like the nomads leader.  What has saved her - and she herself knows - is Yuju. It is the love Yuju has for Umji that saved her soul as Yuju had kept seeing the good in her until the end. 

 

As for SinB, it is you who saved her. She woke up with her mind healed and her memory intact. Though she was still a little bit confused, she was well-aware of everything you have done for her. And she was terribly missing you. She wanted to write everything she didn’t manage to tell you. Let me read it for you: 

 

«     Me, Hwang SinB, the Snow Kingdom princess have had for a long time hatred of life - after I lost everything: my family, my kingdom, my happiness. After I managed to escape the Mountain Kingdom donjon, I had a few times tried to put an end to my life. However each time, something - a white magic force - was preventing me from doing so. And I was terribly angry because I really wanted to go. Then I met Umji and I had this new objective in life which was to save her. This was my last goal and in my mind I still hoped that I would save her while dying … that I would sacrifice myself because at least my death wouldn’t have been in vain and I would be happy living this world knowing that she was safe. But then I met Sowon … and I had that desire to die with her as she was planning to die with her kingdom. I couldn’t admit it back then but with Sowon I had planned to die for love. Then came the fatal kiss - which I have never regretted though. 

    Then it is darkness until I woke up thanks to you. However, even awake I was feeling weird as if I wasn’t completely alive. Now that I felt closer to death than ever, I found the love I have for life back. And even more, I was craving it. I had always that urge that you stay by my side. Your shy smile was warming up my heart and reanimating my agonizing soul. And now that I think about it, that white magic  - even long before meeting you - it was you. Even if we didn’t know each other. Your innocence and love for life made your power so huge than it spread to me. You embodied, on your own, Life.

    Thank you for having given me this new chance to live, thank you for making me open my eyes. But you have to know that I won’t be able to live the same way now that you are gone. Even without speaking, I felt a strong link to you because you could sense my pain and I somehow could sense yours. We were somehow supporting each other but now that you’re gone … 

    Yet, as I am sure you would wish, I will live it up. I will enjoy life and watch over Yerin. That’s how I want to pay tribute to you. And I hope that by doing this, you will keep on living through me.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter