CHAPTER 11

Timeless Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

« A rose, isn't quite as beautiful as it once was, when after its thorn pricks you. »

Anthony Liccione

 

 

 

 

SinB was seeing faces, a lot of faces. She was seeing colors, a lot of colors. She was seeing buildings, a lot of buildings. Then she realized Umji’s hand dragging her and guiding her. Then she realized how far they were walking from the castle. And how weak she was becoming at each step she was taking. It as if she were moving away from life to get close to death. 

 

SinB, are you okay ? - Umji asked worried. 

 

SinB shook her head. Umji stopped walking. She was panicking as really she didn’t know that SinB would react in such a bad way to the drink. Because yes, Umji found no other way than drugging SinB. She wanted her to leave with her. It was the only way. But now, she regretted it as SinB wasn’t feeling good. She looked pale and she was sweating a lot. She was so weak that Umji could literally hit her lightly and that would be enough for SinB to collapse on the floor. Then Umji thought about another reason:

 

Are you hungry ? 

 

The open-air market of the city was near and Umji thought about stealing something for SinB. However, SinB shook her head while retorting:

 

I feel sick. 

 

It is going to be okay. - Umji reassured her even though she wasn’t sure herself of her own statement. 

 

It was surely the side effects of the beverage she gave to SinB. 

 

Anyway, they soon arrived in the hidden nomads camp. Intriguing and flabbergasted faces welcomed them as all the eyes were on the newcomer. It was disconcerted so much that Umji unconsciously tightened her hold on SinB’s hand. She was trying to reassure her but actually SinB was too disturbed by the pain to care about the heavy attention she was receiving.  

 

Oh … Umji you came back. - Kittu’s mother approached. Safe and sound thanks be to Shamash ! 

 

Umji nodded before hugging the woman. 

 

Yes and I managed to take SinB with me. - She happily said. Still groggy and staggering, SinB clutched on Umji’s arm. The contact made Umji blushed even though SinB was being clingy because she was suffering and lurching.

 

And that’s a good news. - Kittu’s father suddenly appeared. But … where is Yuju ? 

 

Yuju ? She is here, isn’t she ? - Umji genuinely asked.

 

Well, she went to the castle for you, she was too worried. 

 

Of course, she was … - Umji mumbled remorseful and guilty of the current situation: I should probably go back to the castle and search her. 

 

And get yourself killed ? - The man said. No, don’t worry about her we will soon reunite all together. 

 

No I don’t want to wait until I die for that. - Umji contested the spiritual words of the man. 

 

And you won’t … I didn’t mean it like that: I have a real plan which will help us find Yuju.

 

But we can’t wait … She might be dead anytime soon. I will go there first and you will join me. 

 

No my dear it is too dangerous. - Kittu’s mother took Umji’s hand. 

 

And don’t worry our plan has already started. - The leader announced with a mischevious grin.  

 

And what’s the first step ? - Umji asked while caressing SinB’s numb hand. She was at the verge of fallen asleep on Umji’s shoulder. 

 

We should pack up our things and find a new place. Let’s do it quickly before it is too late. 

 

 

 

 

Yuju and Sowon found a discret room where they could talk in serenity. 

 

You wanted to know how I know about the necklace. Well, Umji and I were sheltered by a group of nomads. They told us about the object.

 

Ok but why did you want to keep this information confidential from Yerin ? 

 

Because she is persecuting them. So I didn’t want to tell her in order to protect them. That’s also why I don’t trust her. I mean she may look friendly but behind her bright eyesmile, hides her dark and real face: a cruel and merciless queen who kills innocent people. 

 

Oh I didn’t know that … I … I don’t know what to say … - Sowon was definitively
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter