CHAPTER 9

Timeless Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

« Remember, we see the world not as it is but as we are. Most of us see through the eyes of our fears and our limiting beliefs and our false assumptions. »

Robin S. Sharma

 

 

 

 

I was told that Kittu made this drawing. - Yuju added. 

 

Umji looked at the drawing paper then she started laughing so much that her eyes watered a little bit.  

 

What is so funny ? - Yuju asked confused about Umji’s reaction. 

 

This is only a kid drawing … 

 

So ? Wait until I tell you the entire story then we will see if you will still be laughing. - Yuju said seriously. 

 

Umji nodded but as she did her eyebrows and eyes were still mocking and doubtful. 

 

You remember last time when we came back and announced that Gallu died, the nomad leader told us that they would soon be reunite again. He then told us that they believed in an object which will have power to put an end to the Moon and make the Sun reigns forever. Well, back then they couldn’t describe the object because they didn’t know what it looked like. Actually, they have a prophecy which attests that the youngest of the tribe will be the key to this problem. And it indeed happened as the kid, Kittu had a special dream some nights ago in which he saw the object. He told his father and the latter told him to draw it.

 

So … you are telling me that Kittu dreamed of a necklace containing two crystals,  pearls or whatever it is. Hum … ok but how do they know that it can control time ? I mean what the link with their religious assumption of the Moon and Sun. - Umji asked less doubtful than before. 

 

To tell you the truth I don’t know about that and I myself am not really believing all this spiritual prophecy and myth stuff. I think that for them saying that the Moon will die is a metaphor to say that all the problems will disappear: Going back in time to solve something which will change their destiny and make them finally live in peace I presume.  

 

Yes it seems pretty logical and where is that object ? 

 

They said that they don’t know for the moment but still, they can sense it and that for sure it is somewhere in the city. 

 

Umji nodded while looking at the peaceful scenery in front of them. A silence took place before she furrowed her eyebrows:

 

Tell me … - Yuju said out of all the blue. 

 

Tell you what ? - Umji turned towards Yuju who was still looking at the endless dunes in front of them.

 

What is disturbing your beautiful mind. - Yuju said and it was admirable how she could always read Umji so well. 

 

Umji chuckled shyly:

 

Well it’s intriguing how you - who normally don’t believe in such stuff - seem to believe in the existence of that object. And by the way, why did you ask for help ? 

 

You know Umji, I was so desperate that like the nomads I even started believing that this object will solve my problems. It reassured me when I was so scared. 

 

So scared of what ? 

 

Of losing you … In all the senses of the phrase.

 

Umji widened her eyes before looking at Yuju with a smile. But no one could have guessed if it was more a sad smile or a grateful one. Yuju resumed:

 

So yeah I thought that at least if that happened I would have a way to go back in time and solve everything. I even thought about wanting to go back in the time when we were living peacefully in the mountain kingdom in that little house by the hill. I know it is selfish because at that time you were so vulnerable and unknown of you’re true identity but at least I was useful: I was protecting you …and you only knew me. If only I didn’t wait so long, I would have had maybe a chance … - Yuju confessed and as she did her eyes started to shine because of forming pearls of tears. 

 

Shh … - Umji said while putting her finger on Yuju’s lips. I don’t want you to feel like this. I don’t want you to suffer like this. We don’t have to have to go back in time … it is not too late … 

 

Yuju widened her eyes but at the same time she was confused. 

 

What does that mean … ? 

 

As a response, she felt lips on hers. She couldn’t believe her eyes. Yet, the wet sensation on her lips was true. Umji was really kissing her. Not being used to be the weak one, Yuju soon took the lead. She grabbed Umji’s waist delicately and close the gap between their bodies. Yuju took maybe the control but she was gentle. She always made sure that Umji was okay and that only pleasure could be written all over Umji’s face. 

 

(…) 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter