CHAPTER 7

Timeless Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mystery is not the absence of meaning, but the presence of more meaning than we can comprehend."  

Dennis Covington

 

 

 

 

Umji watched the guard as he unknowingly turned his back on her. She took this opportunity to cross the garden straight to the private building. She still remembered the path towards this memorable place where she last saw her. No one knew that she had left the hidden place, not even Yuju. But she did it on purpose. Yuju would had never granted her permission so Umji waited until everybody was asleep to sneak away from the Fremen’s place. She couldn’t sleep anyway, not when she knew that the girl was still locked in that castle. Umji was sure that SinB was drugged that day when they met each other. Even though she couldn’t tell explain the situation - nor if Sowon was there too - she only wanted one thing: to get SinB out of this castle. Umji’s was wearing one of those Fremen black clothes and like them she has her head hidden under the hood and with a black veil. She looked like an assassin sneaking into the castle to kill someone. Umji just hoped that she wouldn’t have to go this far. Yes, because Umji wouldn’t even consider it. If she had to, she would. She would do anything to save her.

 

The dark sky was adding stress to what would have normally been felt as a peaceful silent. However none of those factors were affecting Umji. She was so focus and determined that only death could stop her. She easily got ridden of a guard by hitting him with a rock - Unknowingly Yuju taught her well ! -. However Umji couldn’t let her presence be noticeable, that’s why she repeated her action until the guard’s heart stop pumping. She then hided the body in a way that no one would be able to find it - in other words, she threw it in the waterfall. She tried to limit the process as she wouldn’t want either to diminish the number of guards drastically. It would trigger attention and she didn’t want that. The castle was huge but hopefully Umji had a good geo-localization memory - unless Yuju -. But even if she hadn’t this ability, Umji would still have found a way to cope. As long as SinB stays in that castle, her safety was jeopardized. 

 

She went through several rooms before finding the one where was the girl. A smile spread across Umji’s face but it vanished almost right away when she notices something. Why was SinB unconscious ? In fact, the latter was in that giant pool of hot water, laying against the edge with her eyes closed. Umji started to boil up with worrisome. What have they done to SinB  ! Did they drug her again ? Umji wanted to get closer to check on her. Suddenly SinB opened her eyes and landed her eyes on an unspotted person in the room: a young woman. Umji looked at that woman immediately. How mesmerizing was her face - or rather her eyes as the rest below them was hidden by a white veil. And it is only when the woman left the room that Umji got her senses back. She realized that SinB started having trouble breathing all of a sudden. So she approached her and as she did her heart beat faster and faster. Just like the last time she met her. Except that this time, Umji committed herself not to leave without SinB. So, she did not hesitate to jump in the rectangular bath when she saw SinB beginning to drown. Umji was terrified, however, she disregarded her emotions in order to reach SinB the fastest way possible. 

 

SinB ! - Umji called out her name lowly when she finally reached her. SinB was unconscious. 

 

Umji grabbed SinB’s shoulders through her thin light dress and the contact ignited strong feelings within her. Feelings that she had kept buried up to that time. She took SinB out of the pool of hot water and lay her on the edge. 

 

SinB wake up … please ! - Umji whispered while using a worried tone. 

 

She caressed her face and thought about a way to remove all the water still in SinB’s lungs. As a result, she placed her hands on SinB’s chest and applied a pressure. She repeated the action until SinB began to cough and to vomit all the water trapped. SinB breathed in and out frenetically as she was panting. Her chest was moving up and down while her whole body was quivering. Umji took SinB’s cheeks in her hands and reassured her:

 

It is going to be alright, SinB. - Umji said while giving SinB a slight smile. 

 

Umji felt relieved and at the same time happy. Happy to meet SinB again. However she did not expect SinB’s reaction when the latter finally get her composure. In fact, SinB looked into Umji’s eyes and ‘shocked’ would be an understatement to depict SinB’s expression when she did. 

 

It’s you … again !- SinB cried out with the highest voice she could have at that moment. And because of the recent tragic event her voice was really husky making Umji struggle to hear her. However she eventually did. 

 

Yes it is me, Umji … glad that you remember me.- Umji chuckled before saying with her most serious voice. But hurry up we don’t have much time left. 

 

SinB was even more confused. 

 

Who are you ? What are your motives ? - SinB asked. 

 

Now it is Umji who was taken aback.

 

You still don’t remember …- Umji sighed.So you are still under drugs. Don’t worry I just want to save you from this place and whoever did this to you. 

 

I still don’t understand. Save me from what ? Why should I trust you ? 

 

Because I’ve just saved you from drowning. They are messing with you mind. You do know me and the fact that you can’t remember it is already a big reason for you to trust me. 


Deep down SinB want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter