sunnie

여걸 || heroine || keeping up with heroine

 

sunnie

‹ it's a drama just for us ›

  

Lucky.

At least thats what others saw her as.

Jinae sat in her vocal class with Jibyul, the two smiled as Seulji commended them on improvement in the last few weeks. Jinae nodded as Seulji wrote down some tips for them in her notebook, Jibyul leaning forward to read the notes as well. 

"I want you to choose a song to cover and next week we will work on it with the others." Seulji noted, the two nodded already in thought.

Jaein and Sammy were working out in the company gym, the two woring up a sweat as they ran on treadmill. Music filled the room as a random workout playlist played, Haeun and Mingzhu laying on the floor after the company trianer finished their circuit workout with them. The two on the edge of not being able to walk home. 

"Jinae unnie's birthday is coming up, what are we gonna do?" Sammy asked as her Jaein moved from cardio to abs.

"No idea. She hasn't said anything she wantsto you guys?" Jaein asked, looking in the mirror seein Haeun shake her head as she drank some water.

"Aren't we filming something on her birthday?" Mingzhu asked, Jaein thought for a minutebefore nodding.

"So we need a cake, large amounts of bread and anything yellow." Jaein joked, the three cracking smiles at the obvious likes of the oldest.

"And for Sunhwan PD-nim to say 'Jinae-ssi, I like you too.'." Haeun said, with her best impression of the raspy producer. 

 

Jinae focused her eyes to the floor as former trainging friends walked past her in the hall, when she was with another member she could hold her head high. But, when alone she felt this weight on her shoulders like she still hasn't proved herself as to how the company and fans chose her. Even if the final ranks were revealed, she would still get looks from some of the trainees. 

"Sonnie- unnie." Mingzhu called linking their arms together, Jinae snapped out of her thoughts and smiled at the main vocal as they walked to the dance studio. "You okay?"

"Of course! Have I ever not been okay?" She asked, raising an eyebrow, with a smirk. Normally they would leave her alone if she said something like that, but there were two members that knew better. And Mingzhu was one of them. 

"If you say so." Mingzhu said, as they walked into the studio greeting Hyunwoo whom was stretching along with Haeun.

 

Jinae drank water as she stood in front of the mic in the recording space, Jibyul and Sunhwan on the other side of the glass messing with the track she was recording for. As Jibyul, stopped her again the younger asked Sunhwan if they could have a minute. After the producer stepped out Jibyul entered therecording room.

"Unnie, whats going on?" Jibyul asked sitting on the stool in the corner as Jinae looked at the lyric sheet. "You have been pulling all nighters, straining your voice and acting like your fine."

"You guys don't get it. I can't fail. I can't mess up." Jinae said, Jibyul softening at the words and pain in Jinae's eyes. 

"We understand. We are all scared that one day this will all end, we all are trying to prove ourselves. We are all so lucky to be preforming, making music, and doing what we do. And we know it. But, you aren't alone." Jibyul stated.

"Everyone still just sees me at lucky, since I almost stopped if it wasn't for the show."

"Trust me, you have proven yourself time and time again. The last album you put out a track you wrote and composed with Haeun. If anyone is lucky it's all of us to have you in the group." Jibyul said, a few moments of silence followed.

"You know, you are wise beyond your years." Jinae said, smiling at the younger girl whom only shook her head.

"Just some wise words, we have all said about you." Jibyul said, standing up. "You ready to go again?" Jinae nodded, Jibyul smiled and left the room heading back to ther chair as Sunhwan walked in with a coffee in hand.

"What? None for your favorite rapper?" Jinae said into the mic, Sunhwan shook his head as he sat down.