One Moment

One Moment

 

I kept my head down as I walked through these crowded halls. The huge mass of students was too huge to take on. I stuck as close to the edge of the lockers as I possibly could.

In this school, you either make way for people or people make way for you. Needless to say, I am the former. It didn't help that I finally reached five feet or that I had long hair down to my waist covering my face. Ever since I was little, I was always shy. I was bullied a lot and ended up being home schooled hence my oh so low self-esteem. This year I wanted to face my fears and go to public school, big mistake on my part apparently. 

I finally reached my class in once piece and almost ran to my seat in the back if the classroom. Ya see, I sort of have this slight problem with public speaking...I don't like it. I've been here for a month and most of the time the teachers and students forget my name. Except the bullies of course. I always seem to attract those.

The best part of my seat is that it's next to him. Our resident kingka, Luhan.

Luhan is probably the only person who I can honestly say I liked. He has the face of an angel. He has the voice of an angel. He is as kind as an angel. Luhan is basically an angel and no one can argue that point. He talks to me as though he really wants to hear what I have to say. Luhan doesn't pressure me to show my face either.

Luhan waved to me and I nodded back. Well since all my hair was covering me, all he got was a black curtain of hair moving up and down. 

At least this way, he wouldn't see me blush when I look at him. People never know if I'm looking at them or not which is sort of an advantage for me.

All throughout class, I sneaked glances at Luhan. I've had such a huge crush on him, I'm surprised he doesn't know yet. He was the only one I conversed with. 

Class rushed through and suddenly it was lunch time, the worst time of the day. Most of the kids leave me alone except for, of course, the queenkas. 

Tiffany and Jessica have been friends since forever. One didn't go without the other. And one didn't bully without the other. Ever since I've started school they would humiliate me like there was no tomorrow. Moving my desk to the gardens, placing all my books on the rooftop, and having all my gym clothes cut are just one of the many things they did to me. I still don't know why they hate me, but I wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyways. Tiffany and Jessica just enjoyed seeing me embarrassed, especially in front of Luhan. 

Today was no different either. I was held back in class, so when I entered the cafeteria, there was no available seats from what I could see. I kept walking around in hopes of an open seat when I slipped. From what I could feel, the floor was covered in oil. Tiffany and Jessica laughed first before everyone else followed. 

I was shocked. This was one of the worst things they could have done to me. Most of their pranks didn't involve me getting hurt like this. My was do sore, I couldn't even get up. When I did try, I just slipped again, making everyone laugh harder. I tried to hold in my tears, but it wouldn't have mattered. No one could see me long enough to care. 

I tried to crawl to an area where there was no oil but stopped. A pair of Converses was blocking my path.  I looked up to see an expressionless Luhan.

The laughter slowly died down.  Tiffany and Jessica flocked his sides and looked down on me. I tried to go around them but Luhan just stepped with me.

"Luhan oppa! There you are. We were just looking for you!" Jessica said. He still didn't answer. 

Tiffany smiled broadly, "Oppa! Let's go grab some lunch!" She tried to grab his arm but he pulled away. 

Luhan took a deep breath and started wailing on them. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU TWO?!?! SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO DESERVE THIS! I'M TIRED OF WATCHING YOU GUYS BE MEAN TO HER!"

They both took a step back and stared. Tiffany tried to smile at him. "She knows we're just joking, right?" The look she gave me basically threatened me to agree with her. For once, I didn't do what she wanted me to do. I remained motionless. 

"Enough. I have had enough of you two terrorizing her." Luhan turned to the room and stated, "If anyone hurts her again, you'll have a tough time getting my foot out your ." With that being said, he turned back to me and picked me up bridal style. 

I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck. I buried my face into his neck so I wouldn't be able to look at anyone. 

After carrying me for so long, we finally stopped. Luhan placed me on my feet, and I finally looked around. We were in the gym, more specifically in front of the boys' locker room.

He held my hand and tried to lead me into the locker room. I tried to pull away but he had a huge grip on me.

"Luhan-shi. I'm not allowed in there."

"I know but you needed a change of clothes. You can borrow mine. Come on."

He grabbed his clothes out of his locker and gave them to me. "I'll wait outside, so no one will come in."

Once I was alone, I finally cried. No one had ever humiliated me like that before. It was really embarrassing, and I didn't have anyone to talk to about it. No one would listen. 

Suddenly I was crashed into a strong hug. I stiffened but relaxed once I realized it was him.

"Shhh. It's okay. Everything will be okay. I promise. I've got you. Don't cry. Please."

I tried to stop crying, but I just couldn't. Luhan really is the only person who would treat me like an actual human being. Usually I was ignored and teased. It felt so nice to be cared for.

After what seemed like hours, I finally calmed down. Luhan was rubbing my back and humming a song. I listened to him for a little longer before saying something. "Thank you for saving me."

"You are most welcome. I just couldn't stand seeing you like that. I never thought they would do something like that."

I tried to downplay as best as I could.  "It happens all the time. It's okay. Don't worry about it."

"Yeah. I know you're used to it but you shouldn't be. That just isn't right," he said sadly. "I should have protected you earlier."

I stilled in his arms. I never thought he would ever think like that. I didn't think I even crossed his mind. His next words made my heart beat just a little bit faster.

“I don’t like seeing you hurt. I just want to protect you from everything. Is that so wrong?”