nine.

Delivery

"Hey, Minjeong. Are you actually going to do some work or what?" Eunseo called from behind the counter.

"You know how important this is to me. Once it's over, then I'll work." Minjeong said as she opened the livestream for the dance event Jimin was at.

"What is it again?" Eunseo asked.

"Jimin's dance competition. Today is the solo dances. Jimin's third. I need to see it." Minjeong said. "I made it in time, I think this is the middle of the second performance. Pretty sure this is Jimin's dance partner from yesterday."

"Hm, alright. But after it's done you really need to work. Renjun's working overtime for this." Eunseo said.

"I know." Minjeong sighed. "This is the last dance of performances anyway, and I promised Jimin I would watch it."

Minejong looked back at her phone as the second dancer left the stage and the announcer came back onto the stage.

"Our next dancer has been one of the best in the event. Representing Seoul National University, Yu Jimin."

Minjeong watched eagerly as Jimin walked onto the stage. The look on Jimin's face was one of pure concentration. The music started and Jimin began her dance, not missing a single move or step. The performance wasn't long, only three minutes, but by the time it was over everyone was cheering for Jimin. The announcer came back onto the stage.

"So Jimin, you've finally completed your performances. How do you feel?" The announcer asked.

"Relieved. I've been practicing so hard, along with my fellow students from Seoul National University. I'm just thankful that from now on, I can enjoy the other performances and continue to learn things from the other dancers. Thank you." Jimin said with a polite smile before leaving the stage.

Not even a minute later and Minjeong's phone started to ring. It was Jimin.

"Did you watch?" Jimin asked.

"Of course. I watched all of your performances." Minjeong said. "You did great."

"The final ceremony is tomorrow to announce the winners of each category. Are you gonna watch that too?" Jimin asked.

"Definitely. I'm not working, so I can watch it with Aeri and Yizhuo." Minjeong said.

There was the sound of another voice, Jongin's voice, through Jimin's end.

"I need to go sit down now, I'll talk to you later." Jimin said, then hung up.

"Are you finally ready to work now?" Eunseo asked. "We have a few orders."

Minjeong sighed with a nod. "Sure."

For the rest of that night, Minjeong ended up driving around the area delivering food whilst texting Jimin during her breaks. It was just one more day without Jimin, then she'd be coming back.

 

The next day was the announcing of the winners. Minjeong was at the dorm again which Yizhuo had already started decorating for Jimin's return.

"Okay, so I got purple banners! I wanted to get gold for winner, but if she doesn't win then I'd feel really bad. But I know Jimin likes purple, and she's a winner in our hearts! So this is fine." Yizhuo said as she attached a purple decoration to one of the doors.

"She'll win. I feel it." Aeri said. "Jimin's worked too hard on this to not win."

Aeri sat back on the couch after plugging her laptop into the TV to get the livestream up, before looking over at Minjeong.

"What do you think, Minjeong? Do you think she'll win?" Aeri asked.

Minjeong nodded. "Of course. She texted to say that they sat her near the front this time, so that must be a good thing."

The three went quiet and Yizhuo quickly returned to her seat next to Aeri when the announcer appeared on the stage.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Over this week, we've been watching some of the best dancers in the country, and today we will be announcing the winners of each category. Our judges have been thoroughly enjoying every performance, with every individual bringing new talent to the competition. See yourselves all as winners for coming here. You truly are the best in the country."

There was a pause as the audience all applauded.

"Now, onto the first category which is best group dance. All of the groups were excellent and brought something to the competition, but there can only be one winner. The winning group has always been strong in this category, cementing themselves as top tier dancers every year without fail. The winners are, of course, Seoul National University!" The announcer yelled.

"That's us! That's our university!" Yizhuo cheered.

The crowd all burst into applause and cheering and the students from the university walked onto the stage. Jimin was towards the front whilst Jongin and Seulgi accepted the award.

"Thank you everyone." Seulgi said. "We worked so hard for this, all day every day, even up until the last moments. We really needed it to be perfect, and it seems that it was. We're just so thankful for the opportunity to be here."

The crowd cheered and Jongin stepped up.

"We'd like to thank our teachers at Seoul National University for guiding us over our time there to being the best. We would also like to thank our fellow students, our families, and our friends for their support. We would not be here without them. Thank you." Jongin said.

Seulgi held the award up in the air as the audience applauded again, and then they all left the stage and returned to their seats.

The announcer returned to the stage briefly.

"Let's watch their performance once again and celebrate this achievement with them." The announcer said before stepping away again.

The performance began playing.

"So Jimin won one thing so far." Aeri said. "I bet she'll win again."

Yizhuo nodded in agreement whilst Minjeong was looking down at her phone at texts from Jimin.

"seulgi hit her head with the award lol

they sent some of the students towards the back now but a few of us are still at the front so that must be a good thing right?

i'm no good at this waiting around i feel sick"

"Is that Jimin?" Aeri asked.

Minjeong nodded. "She said she's still at the front but they sent a few away now."

"See! She's gonna win again." Yizhuo said. "We raised our Jimin to be a winner."

Minjeong began texting back.

"you're doing great. i'm sure it won't last for much longer anyway and then you can come home :)"

The rerun of the performance ended and the announcer stepped back onto the stage.

"Our next category is best duet. There were some very strong performances from this one, and it was very hard to pick a winner. The judges almost gave the winner to two duets! But after a lot of hard thinking, they managed to choose a winner. We would like to congratulate Yu Jimin and Kim Jongin from Seoul National University for being the runners up in this one, the judges have asked me to mention them as it was so close." The announcer said.

"Our Jimin didn't win this one..." Yizhuo whined.

"The winners of the duet category are Kang Seulgi and Bae Joohyun from Seoul National University!" The announcer yelled out.

"Never mind, that's understandable." Yizhuo said. "I saw that one later on, it was literally like they were the same person in the dance."

The two got up on the stage and accepted their award, thanking the university and their support before returning to their seats. The rerun of their performance began playing.

 

Meanwhile in Jeju, Jimin was sitting at the front and watched as Seulgi and Joohyun were guided away towards the back. Now it was just her, Jongin, and a few others left from their university.

"Why do you think we're still here?" Jimin leaned over to ask Jongin.

"Because one of us is going to win. Notice how there's not really anyone else around us? They do this every time." Jongin said.

The rerun of the performance ended and Jimin's heart began to race again as the announcer stepped up onto the stage.

"The final category is best solo. They were all outstanding, but there was one that stood out from the others. This dancer has been one of the strongest throughout the competition, always putting their all into every move. This individual has worked so hard, as apparent from the constant praise from their fellow students and teachers. The winner for best solo is..." There was a long pause.

", get on with it..." Jimin mumbled.

"Seoul National University's Yu Jimin!" The announcer yelled out.

For a moment, Jimin went blank. Other students around her and ones from the back came running up to the front to hug Jimin and congratulate her. She eventually came to her senses and made her way up to the stage.

 

"Yu Jimin!"

"SHE WON! SHE WON!" Yizhuo screamed.

"That's our baby!" Aeri yelled, almost crying at this point.

"I knew she would!" Minjeong cheered as the three of them hugged.

They all sat down as Jimin arrived on the stage.

"Firstly, I would like to thank the university for getting me here. I would also like to thank my teachers for guiding me and shaping me into the dancer I am today." Jimin said, pausing for a second. "I would also like to thank my parents, my fellow students, especially Kim Jongin for being by my side throughout this whole thing, and I would like to thank my friends, and my roommates Kim Aeri and Ning Yizhuo, as well as the person closest to me, Kim Minjeong. I would not have made it this far without their support. During practice, I became sick, and my roommates and Minjeong were the ones who nursed me back to good health. Thank you for choosing me as your winner for this category. I will always be thankful." Jimin said, before quickly leaving the stage.

At this point, the three were crying. Yizhuo was in Aeri's arms, sobbing into her shoulder whilst Aeri ugly cried against Yizhuo's head, whilst Minjeong was sniffling and wiping her tears away quickly.

They didn't even notice the announcer come back onto the stage.

"Let us watch Jimin's outstanding performance again to close out this ceremony. Thank you all for attending and sharing your talents with us. Continue to grow and thrive as the excellent dancers you are." The announcer said before leaving.

The audience applauded before Jimin's performance played.

"Did she text you yet?" Yizhuo asked, wiping the rest of her tears away.

Minjeong shook her head. "She's probably busy."

"That's understandable seeing as she just won like... The biggest prize in the whole competition. Anyway! Let's drink and celebrate!" Aeri cheered, running to the kitchen to get some more drinks for them.

Minjeong ended up sleeping over at the dorm that night in Jimin's room. It was 1am when Jimin finally called.

"Hi Minjeong, I'm so tired. I can't wait to come home." Jimin said with a whine.

"Congratulations on winning, we're all so proud of you." Minjeong said. "I don't think I've ever seen Yizhuo make such ugly crying faces before."

"Yizhuo cried? What about Aeri? Did you cry too?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah. It's Yizhuo's fault though, she started it." Minjeong laughed. "Anyway, what time are you coming back?"

"Early. Like... 5am early. I'm gonna take a nap soon and then sleep on the plane. Don't come to the airport, it's too early. They're bringing us back to campus on a bus from there anyway, so you don't need to worry." Jimin said.

"I'm sleeping in your room for tonight, so I'll be here when you get home. Aeri insisted that I stayed." Minjeong said.

"It's fine. You know I don't mind if you stay over. That just means I get you to myself when I get home. And you'll have kept the bed warm too." Jimin laughed. "I'm gonna go nap now, okay? I can't wait to see you."

"I can't wait either. I miss you so much. Bye, Jimin." Minjeong said.

After that, Minjeong went to sleep.

 

Only a few more hours, and Jimin would be back home in her arms.

She couldn't wait.