ten.

Delivery

The group of exhausted students slumped in their seats on the plane. Jimin was seated next to Ryujin, someone she'd met a few times before that week, and Seulgi. Ryujin was already fast asleep in her seat. Jimin was envious, she was never a good sleeper on planes, so she decided to turn to Seulgi.

"Can I ask you something?" Jimin asked.

"Go ahead! I'll do my best to help." Seulgi said with a smile.

"So you and Joohyun, you're a thing. How did you tell her about your feelings?" Jimin asked.

"Hm..." Seulgi paused for a moment, thinking before continuing. "It was such a long time ago. We were still in high school. Joohyun's older than me, but I've always been the one who takes the lead. We always kinda knew that there was something between us, but it was a case of telling each other to make our feelings official."

"So what did you do?" Jimin asked, her mind instantly going to Minjeong.

"Well, I got to know Joohyun's friends more. They told me more about what she likes, even though I knew a lot already. And we always used to study together under the same tree outside in the summer, so I decided to set that little area up nice and pretty for her. It was simple, since we were basically kids and I had to do it during a lunch session, but I managed to tell her how I felt exactly, and she told me she felt the same. So we spent that hour of lunch enjoying the little area before we had to go back to class." Seulgi said. "Why did you want to know anyway? Is there someone you like? Jongin's kinda told me a little already, but he was really vague."

Jimin sighed before nodding. "There is someone. I like her, and my friends told me that she likes me too. I think she's going to tell me how she feels, but how am I gonna know when that is?"

"Good question. I mean, is anything from what I told you about me and Joohyun similar to your situation?" Seulgi asked.

Jimin thought for a moment, remembering how Minjeong was suddenly closer to Aeri and Yizhuo. 

"She's closer with my friends nowadays. They talk about me a lot." Jimin said. "But it's hard to actually tell what's going on, because when I walk in they all stop and look at me."

Seulgi laughed. "Yeah, that sounds like what I did when I was building up to confess to Joohyun. But anyway, if she's going to confess, is it what you want?"

Jimin nodded immediately. "Of course. I really like her so much, I couldn't really see life without her."

"Then I'm sure things will go the way you're expecting them to soon." Seulgi said. "Now, I really wish I could stay and talk more about this, but I always get so sleepy on plane journeys. Poke me when we're landing, okay?"

Seulgi got comfy in her seat and almost fell asleep instantly. 

Jimin sighed and closed her eyes, wishing the journey would go faster.

 

When Minjeong woke up, there was someone fast asleep next to her. At first, her sleepy brain didn't register it, but after a minute she realised.

Jimin had come home.

As much as Minjeong wanted to wake her up to talk, she knew Jimin needed the rest. So she just moved closer to Jimin to hug her and went back to sleep.

But with Jimin's arrival home, this meant phase one of the confession was starting.

Phase one was finding out how tired Jimin was and what she had to do on each day. That would affect when the confession would happen.

Phase two was decorating the roof in time for Minjeong and Jimin to go up there.

Phase three was the actual confession.

 

When Jimin and Minjeong emerged from Jimin's room at 4pm, Yizhuo was the only one home and she screamed as soon as she saw Jimin.

"THERE SHE IS! OUR LITTLE WINNER! YU JIMIN!" Yizhuo yelled, tackling Jimin into a hug.

"Hi Yizhuo, I missed you." Jimin laughed as she hugged the younger girl. "Where's Aeri?"

"Oh, she had to go to class, then she needed to pick some stuff up. She'll be back in an hour or so! Anyway, you need to tell me everything!" Yizhuo said before pulling Jimin to the couch with Minjeong following.

For the next fifteen minutes, Jimin explained the entire week she'd been away to Yizhuo and Minjeong who both listened intently.

"So what about you two and Aeri? What have you been doing?" Jimin asked.

"Well! Me and Aeri still had classes to attend, so we've been doing that and then watching your performances at night with Minjeong." Yizhuo said.

"And as usual, I had work." Minjeong added on

Just then, the door slammed open and Aeri entered carrying a huge box, then stopped when she saw Jimin.

"...Pretend you haven't seen this." Aeri said quickly before shuffling off to her room to hide the box away.

"What's that?" Jimin asked, looking back at Yizhuo and Minjeong.

"Who knows! Anyway, what should we have for dinner?" Yizhuo asked, quickly changing the topic.

"I already ordered for us!" Aeri yelled from her room before she came back without the box. "McDonald's."

Yizhuo cheered and wiggled happily in her seat, and Aeri came over to sit with the three and they all talked about Jimin's time away.

 

The next day, Jimin had to go to a meeting with the rest of the winners of the event, leaving Minjeong, Aeri, and Yizhuo at the dorm.

"Alright, so phase one?" Aeri asked.

"Jimin is medium level tired! She only has this meeting today, and then a few classes this week. But she's free all weekend!" Yizhuo said.

"Wasn't there a party for the winners this weekend though?" Minjeong asked.

"Yeah, but Jimin's never gonna attend the whole night." Aeri said. "Hm... Maybe... What if we put phase two into motion during the party, and then phase three when Jimin's done with the party?"

"That could work." Minjeong said. "But wouldn't that mean you two miss the party?"

"We'll get to see the rest of it once phase two is done, don't worry." Aeri said.

So it was decided that on the night of the party, the confession would take place.

 

The weekend came fast and Jimin, Aeri, and Yizhuo were preparing for the party. Minjeong was already setting things up on the roof and Aeri and Yizhuo would join after Jimin was in the party. Jongin was in on the plan now too and had promised to look after Jimin until they were ready.

"I'll only stay for an hour or so, just to show my face." Jimin was saying as she applied her makeup. "I'm tired, I don't really feel like partying."

"At least it's not just a bunch of randoms either! It's your dance buddies." Aeri said, patting Jimin's shoulder reassuringly. "You'll be fine!"

"Yeah, I guess so." Jimin said. "I love you two, but I know I'll just lose you two minutes into the whole thing."

Yizhuo laughed. "But we always check up on you!"

"Only when you want me to do shots with you." Jimin said with a pout.

They finished getting ready and left their dorm and headed to the dorm where the party was. It was being hosted by one of the other dancers in the competition, and as soon as the three entered, everyone cheered.

"There's our winner!" Jongin shouted from across the room, instantly running over to drag Jimin over into the crowd and over to his group, before giving Aeri and Yizhuo an obvious wink.

Phase two was a go ahead now.

After grabbing a drink, Aeri and Yizhuo reluctantly left the party and went up to the roof where Minjeong was struggling with some fairy lights.

"Why do these things always get tangled when you don't want them to..." Minjeong mumbled.

"Give them to me." Yizhuo said. "I used to have them in my room back home, I'm an expert in untangling!"

Minjeong handed the fairy lights to Yizhuo.

"I think it's almost all here, we just need to put the blankets and things down." Minjeong said to Aeri.

There was a cheer from below them, the party they'd just left.

"Let's hear it for our winners! Seoul National University! Seulgi! Joohyun! Jimin!"

"I can just imagine Jimin having the worst time ever." Yizhuo said with a laugh. "She always looks so grumpy in parties."

"We have an hour maximum to set this up before she wants to leave the party, but I don't think it'll take more than twenty minutes to finish here honestly." Aeri said as she took out the blankets and laid them out on the floor under the makeshift canopy Minjeong had constructed from other blankets.

"Okay, I've untangled these!" Yizhuo said, holding up the fairy lights. "Let's hang them up and plug them in."

"How did you do that so fast?" Minjeong whined.

"Chinese magic." Yizhuo said before giggling and hanging up the fairy lights around the little area.

Fifteen minutes later, everything was laid out ready. Now they just had to wait.

"We'll go back to the party now. When Jimin gets fed up, we'll get her up here. Good luck!" Aeri said.

"It'll be fine, Jimin already likes you so much! Bye bye Minjeong!" Yizhuo said, before her and Aeri both left the roof.

It was almost time for phase three.

 

Meanwhile in the party, Jimin was currently being carried across the room on Jongin's shoulders whilst Seulgi and Joohyun were being paraded around by a few other of the guys from the dance group.

When Aeri and Yizhuo entered, they were grabbed by Yerim.

"Where have you two been! Jongin won't put Jimin down and I feel like she's gonna rip his head off!" Yerim yelled over the music.

"Sorry, Yizhuo needed the bathroom so we went back to our dorm." Aeri said.

"Don't worry, I'll rescue her!" Yizhuo shouted before diving into the crowd.

A minute later, Jimin was finally stood on her own two feet and Jongin was yelling out in pain after Yizhuo had elbowed him in the side "accidentally".

"Get me out of this place now." Jimin hissed, before quickly leaving the room.

"Wait!" Aeri yelled, following her out into the hallway. "I... I didn't think we'd get to this part soon. Uh... Can you go up onto the roof? There's a surprise up there for you! I promise that no one's going to pick you up and carry you around and yell, it's... A nice surprise." 

"Sure, anywhere is better than here." Jimin mumbled before leaving and heading towards the roof.

 

Minjeong heard footsteps coming up the stairs and she froze. This was phase three of the operation. Then the door opened and it was Jimin. The sight of the other girl instantly made Minjeong relax.

"Minjeong?" Jimin asked. "Aeri sent me up here. Is all this for me?"

"Yeah, I wanted to do something special for you." Minjeong said. "Is it okay?"

Jimin nodded with a smile. "I love it."

"Come sit down!" Minjeong said before moving to sit on the blankets and patted the space next to her.

Jimin followed along, sitting next to Minjeong whilst still taking in her surroundings.

"You know, this is the same roof we met on. It looks nice like this. Did you do all this yourself?" Jimin asked.

"Aeri and Yizhuo helped. They dropped you off at the party then came straight up to finish it off." Minjeong said.

"Well, it's beautiful. I love it." Jimin said before reaching to hold Minjeong's hand. "So, what's all this for?"

"Let's enjoy the view first." Minjeong said, letting out a soft sigh. "We've come so far since we were last up here. Things have changed a lot."

Jimin nodded. "Yeah. Everything's changed since then. But in a good way. I'm glad that I have you."

They sat in silence for a moment, taking in the atmosphere before Minjeong built up the courage to speak.

"So, yeah... The reason I made you come here... Well." Minjeong said before stopping to think about her next words. "It's probably super obvious, but I really like you Jimin. I knew it as soon as I saw you that I wanted to get closer to you, so when I didn't give you my number or anything back then I was mentally smacking myself. But then our paths crossed again. That's when I knew it was fate that we were meant to find each other. Since then, we've grown closer every day. I really couldn't imagine a life without you anymore, Jimin. So..." Minjeong reached to take Jimin's hands. "Yu Jimin, will you be my girlfriend?"

Jimin took a deep breath, tears instantly filling up her eyes before she nodded with a huge smile.

"Of course, Minjeong." Jimin said.

They kissed for a while and held each other, staying on the roof until the sun came up, just like on the first occasion they met.

 

And that was how they became official. The beginning of a life together.

The coming months saw more change, with Jimin, Aeri, and Yizhuo moving out of their dorm into an apartment near to campus. They invited Minjeong to live with them and she took the offer, sharing a room with Jimin whilst Aeri and Yizhuo shared the other room.

Minjeong even met Jimin's parents, who were completely accepting of their relationship and Jimin's father took Minjeong under his wing, seeing the joy that she brought to his daughter. Minjeong basically became a part of the family, visiting them often with Jimin when they were both free. 

It was perfect. They were happy. They were complete, building a life together. This was what Jimin had imagined when she let her thoughts drift to Minjeong every night before they got together. Their future.

Here they were, making it together.

 

there's a bonus chapter coming soon!