three.

Delivery

Saturday came and Aeri and Yizhuo had made sure to invite as many people as possible. This one would be bigger than the last.

The thought made Jimin cringe. She wasn't feeling well, a mix of anxiety at the thought of so many people being around, nervousness because Minjeong would be there, exhaustion from classes, and just generally feeling a little off that day. But her roommates insisted that she got ready for the party and actively participated in it, and once Aeri and Yizhuo got something in their heads it was impossible to stop them.

So here Jimin was, letting people into their dorm with a forced smile, dressed up in a short black dress that showed off her curves, especially chosen by Aeri.

"You're going to be the hottest girl at the party! Everyone's going to want you!" Aeri had said as she helped Jimin with her makeup.

But truthfully, Jimin didn't want to be noticed by anyone. She couldn't wait for it to be over.

The crowds were piling in now and Jimin had wandered away from the door. She noticed how some of the guys were looking at her and she already felt uncomfortable, often pulling her dress down to cover more of her thighs up.

Fifteen minutes later, the music was blasting and people were already drunk. Jimin was sitting in a corner when Jeno, a guy from engineering, approached her.

"God, you're so ing hot Jimin." He said, clearly drunk. "Has anyone ever told you?"

"Yeah, thanks." Jimin mumbled awkwardly.

Jeno stumbled closer, clearly checking her out which made Jimin sink further into her seat. She just wanted to shrivel up and disappear, when a voice spoke nearby.

"Get away from her. She's not interested." 

Minjeong.

Jeno frowned, mumbling something under his breath before stumbling off into the crowd again.

"Let's go. You're not having a good time." Minjeong said, pulling Jimin up from the seat, holding onto her hand tightly as she lead the other through the crowd and out of the crowded dorm, managing to be undetected by Jimin's roommates.

However, they did bump into Yerim, one of Aeri's friends, at the door.

"Hey, where are you going?" Yerim asked with a frown, clearly drunk.

"Ran out of popcorn." Jimin quickly said, making up an excuse. She needed to get away. Now.

Yerim gasped. "Oh no! That's okay, you go get it! I love popcorn..."

Jimin quickly lead Minjeong away from the dorm, away from the noise. As soon as they were around the corner, Jimin basically collapsed into Minjeong's arms, crying.

"Hey, what's wrong? Don't cry. Did someone say something to you? Was the party that bad?" Minjeong asked, wrapping her arms around Jimin's sobbing figure.

"I'm tired..." Jimin cried into Minjeong's shoulder. "I don't feel well today, just want to get away from here..."

Minjeong nodded. "Okay. Then let's go. You're going to be okay."

Minjeong lead Jimin out of the building and to the parking lot, into her car, and drove off campus. By then, Jimin had calmed down a little.

"Where are we going?" Jimin asked.

"My place. Everyone's out, so it's quiet. You need somewhere quiet to relax, right? And since we can't go to your room, mine will have to do." Minjeong said.

"I feel so stupid for crying in front of you like that..." Jimin mumbled. 

"Don't." Minjeong said. "I'm glad you felt safe enough with me to do it. Everyone gets overwhelmed at times. I'll do whatever it takes for you to feel okay again."

They sat in comfortable silence for the rest of the drive before they arrived at Minjeong's place that she shared with her aunt and brother.

 

Minjeong's room was very... Minjeong. Not too messy, not too tidy. Not hot but not cold. Jimin liked it.

"Alright, so first off let's find something comfortable for you to wear." Minjeong said, opening the closet to look through her clothes. "As much as I like that dress on you, it can't be comfortable to relax in."

"This isn't even mine, it's Aeri's." Jimin said. "I hate wearing things like this."

" I can tell." Minjeong mumbled as she pulled out an oversized sweater and some comfy sweatpants. "Put these on. I'll cover my eyes. And I'll also turn around. Added security." She laughed.

After changing into the more comfortable clothes, they settled on Minjeong's bed.

"I should probably text Aeri, she'll end up wondering where I am at some point. You choose a movie." Jimin said as she pulled out her phone.

"hi aeri, i'm with minjeong (pizza girl). i wasn't feeling good so we went to her place. have fun and sorry i'm missing the party"

Jimin looked up from her phone to see Minjeong had already chosen a movie.

"The Handmaiden. You need to see it." Minjeong said with a grin. "It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, honestly. Yeah, it's kind of traumatic at times. But there's plot twists, and it has a happy ending. Worth the watch."

They both got comfy and Minjeong pressed play on her laptop and the movie started. Fifteen minutes in and Aeri texted back.

"ok sweetie miss baby i get it i love you queen tell pizza girl i said hi also think yall should kiss ahaha bye jimin"

Jimin quickly put her phone back down after reading the last part and focused on the movie again.

By the end of it, Jimin had been converted. The Handmaiden was a great movie.

"See, I knew you'd get it." Minjeong said with a smile. "How are you feeling now?"

"Better, a lot better." Jimin said. "Thank you for tonight, Minjeong."

"I'm glad. You're sleeping here too, thought I should mention that. We don't need a repeat of last time. The roof was... an experience. A cold experience." Minjeong laughed. "Are you okay with sharing the bed? I can sleep on the floor otherwise."

"It's fine, don't worry. You deserve a good sleep too." Jimin said before yawning. "I'm exhausted."

"Let's sleep then. Do you sleep with light or no light?" Minjeong asked.

"No light, if that's okay." Jimin said.

Minjeong nodded. "It's fine, get comfy and I'll turn it off."

Minjeong got up from the bed whilst Jimin shuffled into a more comfortable position, she then turned the light off before returning to Jimin's side. Within minutes, Jimin was fast asleep, but Minjeong couldn't fall asleep so easily.

One, because she was scared of the dark.

And two, she was thinking about how she was already in love with the girl peacefully sleeping next to her. The girl who she'd been thinking about ever since she first saw her. 

She eventually fell asleep curled up against Jimin's side, the other girl's warmth helping her to feel safe enough to sleep in the dark.

 

Jimin woke up the next day to several texts from Aeri.

"guessing you slept over with pizza girl

i'm glad you have a friend like that to look after you

and sorry for forcing you into another party

i know you hate them

nobody went in your room we made sure of it and we'll clean up before you get home

passing out now again gn jimin"

Jimin glanced over at Minjeong who was sprawled out slightly on the other side of the bed, and that's when she knew. 

She had feelings for Minjeong. Last night only confirmed that for her.

She watched Minjeong sleep for a while before the other girl began to wake up, stretching as her eyes opened.

"Good morning." Jimin said.

"Mm..." Minjeong hummed out, rolling onto her side to look at Jimin. 

"Not much of a talker in the morning?" Jimin asked, giggling as Minjeong's eyes closed again.

"Not a morning person." Minjeong mumbled before she shuffled closer to Jimin.

"It's 11am, barely morning." Jimin said, finding herself hugging Minjeong without even realising, it just felt right.

"Mm, but we stayed up late." Minjeong said before whining. "Let's stay here today, like this."

"Okay, I see your point. And yes, let's stay here like this." Jimin said quietly, squeezing Minjeong gently in her arms.

Both of them knew they were crossing a line at this point, but they didn't need to talk about it now. Not just yet. 

 

I really love her. I'm head over heels in love with her already. How did this happen so soon?