eight.

Delivery

Jimin spent the next few days at Minjeong's house recovering, most of it was in bed watching movies on Minjeong's laptop. Jimin found herself wanting to stay there forever, and happily would have if she wasn't going to Jeju on Friday. So on Tuesday, three days after Jimin had collapsed, she was heading back to the practice room.

"Don't overwork yourself, okay?" Minjeong was saying as the two walked through the university.

Jimin nodded. "I know. Jongin's going to make sure that I'm not doing too much. I'll probably just be holding my position and watching everyone else." 

"Good. Aeri's coming to make sure you get back to your dorm safe too, I asked if she would walk you back." Minjeong said. "It did take some bribing though, so now I owe her free pizza."

"Typical Aeri." Jimin laughed.

They stopped outside the practice room and hugged goodbye, before Jimin entered and Minjeong went home to prepare to go to work later.

 

So the next few days went with Minjeong, Aeri, or Yizhuo walking with Jimin to the practice room and then one of them would walk her back to the dorm. Yizhuo complained the most about it and occasionally left Jimin halfway through, but Jimin didn't really mind.

"So how are you feeling?" Aeri asked as the two were walking back from the practice room.

Jimin shrugged. "Back to normal. I'm back to dancing properly now, we're leaving for Jeju on Friday."

"So tomorrow? You know tomorrow is Friday, right?" Aeri frowned.

"...I thought today was Wednesday." Jimin mumbled. ", I haven't packed anything."

"Even more reason to walk faster so we can get back. You walk so slowly these days." Aeri said.

"Because my feet hurt! I've been dancing all day. You're so mean." Jimin huffed.

They made it back to the dorm after that and Jimin went into her room to pack. She mostly just shoved anything she could lay her hands on in there and set out a comfortable outfit for the plane journey. After packing, she went out into the living room where Aeri was sitting on the couch.

"Ordering pizza, Minjeong owes me a free one so I'm taking that opportunity. It's easier to order instead of cook something ourselves." Aeri said as she went on to the website to order.

"What are you gonna write in the extra section?" Jimin asked.

"That you're leaving tomorrow so Minjeong needs to come urgently." Aeri mumbled as she typed it in, then pressed send.

 

Meanwhile, in the pizza place, Minjeong was sitting in her usual seat waiting for an order.

"Minjeong, for you." Taeyeon called from behind the counter.

"Me?" Minjeong got up and walked over to look at the screen, reading the order.

please bring us kim minjeong, jimin is going away for a week tomorrow so they need to see each other urgently uwu uwu uwu

"You know them or?" Taeyeon asked.

Minjeong nodded. "My friends. I'll go."

"You can have the rest of the night off if you want." Taeyeon said. "I'll get Soobin to do deliveries. Just don't tell the boss."

"Really? You're the best, Taeyeon. Thanks!" Minjeong said, mentally celebrating.

After the food was prepared, Minjeong got in her car and drove to the university. She got out of the car and almost ran to the dorm, knocking on the door. Aeri answered.

"Minjeong! Thanks for the FREE pizza!" Aeri said. "Really glad we made that agreement!"

"Damn, I forgot... I guess I'm paying then." Minjeong said with a smile. "Where's Jimin?"

"She's in her room. Go see her, I'll enjoy the free pizza." Aeri laughed, taking the box from Minjeong.

Minjeong went over to Jimin's room and walked in, finding Jimin sitting on the floor with a towel wrapped around herself whilst she was staring at her suitcase.

"Aeri get out I'm-- Minjeong! Great, you can help." Jimin said, patting the space next to her.

Minjeong sat next to Jimin, trying to figure out what she was supposed to help with.

"So what is it?" Minjeong asked.

"I don't have enough space in here for all my things. So I need to choose." Jimin said.

"Then let's choose together. It'll be easier that way." Minjeong said.

They spent the next twenty minutes packing Jimin's suitcase, choosing between outfits and different clothes. Eventually, they ended up sitting on Jimin's bed with Jimin now in some more comfy clothes.

"So how are you getting to the airport tomorrow?" Minjeong asked.

"The university is taking us all on a bus. I have to be there at 5am." Jimin said before pouting. "I don't know why we're going so early, it won't take that long."

"It's probably to give you time to settle in once you get to Jeju." Minjeong said. "And you can continue practicing too."

"That's true." Jimin said.

There was a small silence as Minjeong took out her phone to check the time.

"Wow, 11pm already? I should probably go. You need to sleep since you're waking up so early." Said Minjeong.

"No!" Jimin quickly grabbed Minjeong's wrist. "Stay a little longer. I'm going to miss you too much."

"I'll miss you too. It's only a week though. And you'll be really busy! So it'll go fast." Minjeong said before pulling Jimin into a hug.

"Let me take something of yours with me." Jimin said.

"Like what?" Minjeong asked, frowning.

Jimin pulled back for a moment, staring hard at Minjeong, before pointing to the hoodie she was wearing.

"I want this." Jimin said.

"This is my hoodie for the pizza place though, it smells like pizza." Minjeong said.

"I want." Jimin said, pouting.

"Fine, don't pout. You're too cute." Minjeong laughed before she took her hoodie off and gave it to Jimin.

After fifteen minutes, Jimin finally let Minjeong go after making her promise three times to call every day and text when she was free.

 

The first day without Jimin wasn't too bad. Minjeong worked the day shift to make it up to Taeyeon for yesterday, texting Jimin every time she was free. Jimin was exploring the venue in Jeju with Jongin. Unbeknownst to Jimin, Jongin had given his number to Minjeong and was sending her pictures of Jimin. Minjeong loved to see the joy on Jimin's face. She looked like she was having fun and that made Minjeong happy too.

 

On the second day, Aeri called Minjeong to come over.

"So, have you thought about how you're going to tell Jimin you like her?" Aeri asked.

Minjeong shook her head. "No... I'm no good at this. I was hoping you'd be able to help? You know Jimin better than me."

Aeri hummed, thinking for a moment before nodding. "I've had a few ideas honestly, but I didn't want to push them on you."

"It's okay, I'll take any help. I want it to be perfect." Minjeong said.

"Alright! Jimin's very... Sentimental. She goes to places where things happen so she can feel those things again. So, I thought that you two could go to the place where you met the first time! It was on the roof! I remember Jimin telling me that." Aeri said. "We can make the roof all cute and romantic."

"Oh, yeah that sounds good!" Minjeong said with a nod. "What should we get? Hm... Fairy lights? Cushions? Blankets?"

"Leave it with me, young Minjeong." Aeri said with a hum before leaning back in her seat, taking her phone out to begin ordering things. "Go on Pinterest, that's helpful. Show me pictures of date things that you like. Then I will order all the things, and you can pay me back in pizzas."

The two spent the rest of that day picking things out for Minjeong and Jimin's little rooftop surprise date, by the end of it they had everything and even Yizhuo had come back and joined in.

 

The next day was the first performance which involved Jimin, Jongin, and the other dancers. The group ones would be first, then duets and solos would come in the next few days.

Yizhuo had invited Minjeong over to watch it on their TV, having got Aeri'a laptop hooked up to it with the livestream ready to go. The three were sitting in the dorm's living room as the stream played.

"When was Jimin gonna be on?" Yizhuo asked.

"Second." Minjeong said. 

"This is taking forever, I'm gonna get a snack." Aeri said, getting up to get food from the kitchen.

Twenty minutes later, the first group had performed. The three sat up in their seats once the announcer came back onto the stage.

"And for our next performance... Seoul National University!"

The three watched as the group walked onto the stage.

"There she is! At the back!" Yizhuo yelled.

And there Jimin was, in the back corner, with the same confident look on her face she had every time she performed. The three watched in awe as the group performed, but Minjeong's eyes stayed glued to Jimin the whole time. By the time the dance ended, Minjeong was in a trance as Jimin was stood at the front, staring directly at the camera. It was only Aeri and Yizhuo's cheering that brought her back and she quickly joined in.

They watched on as a few people came over to bring the group warm sweaters and blankets, and that's when Minjeong realised that Jimin was wearing the hoodie that she'd given her.

That's when Minjeong basically melted into her seat.

After a five minute talk, the group left the stage.

"Alright! Now that's done, we don't need to watch the rest. Good times!" Aeri exclaimed, getting up from her seat as well as Yizhuo who went to the kitchen.

But Minjeong didn't move. All she could think about was Jimin in her hoodie. It was only Aeri calling her from the kitchen two minutes later that brought her back.

 

The next day Jimin called Minjeong in the middle of the day.

"Hey, how's it going?" Minjeong asked.

"I miss you too much." Jimin whined. "All we do is dance, whether it's practicing or talking about it. I'm tired."

"But it's only for this week, right? Then you're coming home and I'm sure you'll be able to get enough rest." Minjeong said.

"I wish you were here. It would be so much more fun with you. Jongin and Seulgi are getting so strict." Jimin said. "Speaking of them, they're here now. This was only a little break, so I'm gonna go now. I'll talk to you later. Bye, Minjeong."

And with that Jimin hung up and Minjeong went back to planning how she would confess her feelings to Jimin properly. She'd already purchased everything she needed with Aeri, now was just to plan the words she'd say and how things would happen that night. 

The thought of confessing to Jimin made Minjeong's heart race. She knew Jimin liked her too, Aeri and Yizhuo had told her several times, but she was still extremely nervous about it. What if Jimin said no? What if she wasn't ready? She always had the same doubts, and even though Aeri always told her it would all work out in the end, it didn't do much to calm her down.

 

The next day was the duet performances. Minjeong had come to the dorm again with one of the free pizzas she owed Aeri and they were sat in the living room whilst Yizhuo plugged Aeri's laptop into the TV.

"The duet was so good last time." Aeri said. "Wasn't that when you got weirdly possessive though?"

"Because I didn't know he was gay and Jimin's friend since she was literally a baby!" Minjeong whined. "Don't remind me, it's embarrassing."

"I wish someone would pin me up against a wall." Yizhuo mumbled to herself.

There was a silence after that before Aeri got up awkwardly and went to the kitchen to get another beer. 

Yizhuo managed to plug in the laptop and made her way to her seat, and then they waited for Jimin to appear on the screen.

"So what order is Jimin in?" Aeri asked as she sat down again.

"First." Minjeong said. "She sends me the schedules of every performance so I know when she's on."

"Why doesn't she send us that?" Yizhuo whined.

"Because we forget everything. And don't you clear out all your texts once a day? You'd lose it straight away." Aeri said.

"The memory on my phone gets full if I keep all my texts!" Yizhuo grumbled. 

The announcer got up on stage and the three fell quiet. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for our first performance. From Seoul National University, Kim Jongin and Yu Jimin."

The three watched as Jimin and Jongin came out onto the stage and got into position. The entire audience went quiet. Rumours had been going around about how this was to be one of the best performances of the competition, so everyone wanted to see.

The two moved around the stage and it was almost hypnotising. Everyone was hooked on every single move. Minjeong was leaning up out of her seat to watch whilst Aeri and Yizhuo were silent. 

The performance eventually came to an end, and everyone in the audience was applauding and cheering. Even Yizhuo and Aeri got up to cheer.

"With a performance like that, they'll surely win!" Yizhuo said.

Minjeong just smiled as she watched Jimin walk off the stage. As much as she wanted Jimin to win, she wanted Jimin back in her arms more.

A few minutes later, Minjeong got a series of texts.

"did you enjoy it?

i think it went better than the first time.

wish you were here though to pin me against the wall and kiss me like last time :("

Minjeong almost choked on her drink after reading the final one.

"it was great!! :) don't worry, i'm sure we can arrange something for when you come home"

There was a pause before Jimin replied.

"can't wait :)"

"Is she texting you?" Yizhuo asked. "Let me see!"

"No don't--" Minjeong started, but Yizhuo already had taken the phone from her hand.

Minjeong already felt herself wanting to sink into the floor as Yizhuo stared at the texts before she screamed.

"Why are you talking about that?! Why can't you two just be innocent for once!" Yizhuo whined, hitting Minjeong's arm before giving the phone back.

 

That night, Jimin and Minjeong spoke for two hours when they were both lying in their rooms.

Minjeong couldn't wait for Jimin to come home, and Jimin couldn't wait to be back. Just a few more days.