four.

Delivery

The two didn't see each other for a while after that. Minjeong took on more shifts at work and Jimin was preparing for a performance, but they made sure to always text when they were free.

"how's it going jimin? practicing hard? what kind of dance was it again?"

"all good. it's a duet with my classmate jongin. he's one of the best dancers on campus, so we're working very hard to make sure it's perfect. how's work going for you?"

"oh nice nice, hope it all goes well :) work is the same old, delivering food, getting yelled at when i'm a minute late, considering stealing a slice when i'm hungry. just regular things."

"Jimin, let's continue." Jongin called from across the room.

Jimin nodded and put her phone down, continuing to practice the dance with Jongin for the next few hours.

 

By the end of that week, it was perfect and ready for the performance at the end of next week. 

Jimin and Jongin were sitting in the dance practice room after doing rehearsals for the day. The two had been friends for many years, ever since they were kids.

"So who are you going to invite?" Jongin asked.

Jimin shrugged. "Probably just Aeri and Yizhuo. Maybe a friend from off campus if she isn't working. You?"

"I've been thinking really hard, since there's only limited spots that we can reserve. Obviously I'm inviting my boyfriend Kyungsoo, then I might just get the rest of the guys to do arm wrestling over the other spots." Jongin laughed.

Jimin smiled. "How are things with you and Kyungsoo?"

"They're good, really good. We're moving in together soon now we have the money." Jongin said. "Are you seeing anyone yet Jimin? It's been a while."

Jimin shook her head. "No... But there's someone. I don't know, it's just... A lot of emotions really fast. I haven't told them yet. I don't know if they feel the same. What was it like when you realised you liked Kyungsoo?"

"Hm... Well, we were both pretty open about our feelings from the beginning, so there was never really any of the wondering if he liked me, because I told him straight away and he felt the same." Jongin said, pausing for a moment before continuing. "People fall in love at different speeds. It's never the same for anyone."

Jimin sighed. "I really like her. I'm pretty sure I love her at this point. But you know me, I'm the worst at telling someone how I feel."

"It's a girl?" Jongin asked. "I'm sure it's fine. And I know you, and even if you find it hard, you always get there eventually."

"I hope so..." Jimin mumbled, looking off. "I'll invite her to the performance. I just need to build up the courage to do it. I don't know, I just get nervous every time I want to hang out with her."

"Then let me invite her. Give me your phone and... Go to the bathroom. So you don't see me doing it." Jongin said.

Jimin handed her phone over to Jongin.

"It's the contact with the pizza emoji and the heart. I trust you." Jimin said before she got up and left to use the bathroom.

She returned a few minutes later and Jongin handed the phone back to her.

"All done." Jongin said with a smile.

Jimin read the message.

"hey, this is jimin's dance partner. she's too much of a little baby to ask you herself, but she'd like you to be there at the performance next friday at 6pm."

"Why did you call me a little baby?" Jimin whined.

"Because you are." Jongin laughed. "Tell me what she says. Let's go through the dance again."

Minjeong replied when Jimin was already at home asleep.

"sure i'll be there. was planning to ask jimin anyway :)"

 

The coming week crawled by and Jimin's nervousness only increased knowing Minjeong would be there, she was so nervous to the point she was stood backstage waiting to go on and she was shaking.

"Hey, why are you shaking so much?" Jongin asked, frowning.

"Just nervous. She's going to be watching." Jimin mumbled, peeking out into the crowd to spot Aeri, Yizhuo, and Minjeong sitting next to them.

"Don't be. It'll be fine and I'm sure she'll like it." Jongin said, patting Jimin's shoulder reassuringly.

"And now for our next performance... Kim Jongin and Yu Jimin."

The two stepped out onto the stage and began their dance.

It was over within five minutes and they got a standing ovation. The two left the stage and Jongin was pulled away by his friends whilst Jimin got dragged away suddenly by Minjeong, only to get shoved up against a wall once they were far away enough.

"Minjeong, what are you--" Jimin started.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Minjeong asked.

Jimin shook her head. "No, he's gay and he has a boyfriend. I'm not seeing anyone."

Before Jimin had a chance to ask why Minjeong had pulled her away from everyone else and pressed her up against the nearest wall, Minjeong had leant in and closed the gap between them.

Minjeong was kissing her.

"Is this real? Or did I pass out on stage and this is just a dream?"

But the way Minjeong's hands were grabbing at her and holding her made her know this was real.

Jimin was about to finally start getting into it when she heard her name being called from around the corner.

"Jimin? Where are you?"

Minjeong quickly pulled away just as Aeri and Yizhuo walked around the corner.

"There you are!" Yizhuo yelled, running over to hug Jimin tightly. "You did great!"

"It was amazing!" Aeri said, running over too so she could join the hug. "Come on pizza girl, join the hug!"

Minjeong laughed before moving closer to join in the group hug.

The three stepped back to give Jimin some space again.

"So, where to now?" Aeri asked.

"I actually have to go to work. I managed to get an hour off for this, but they really need me tonight." Minjeong said.

"Understandable, pizza girl." Yizhuo said. "You know, I've never seen anyone wear a pizza place's uniform the way you do. Very stylish."

"Thanks, it's a little big on me but I make it work." Minjeong said with a smile. "It was nice meeting you properly, Yizhuo and Aeri. And I'll talk to you later Jimin."

As Minjeong passed she made sure to walk close enough to Jimin for their fingers to brush against each other and as soon as she had disappeared Jimin slid down the wall and sat on the floor.

"So, what happened? Why were you two all the way over here?" Aeri asked. "And don't try to cover anything up from me, because I saw the way she was watching you the whole time."

"Bedroom eyes." Yizhuo added. "She was undressing you with her eyes--"

"She kissed me." Jimin said.

"And did you want that?" Aeri asked.

Jimin nodded. "I'm in love with her."

Aeri and Yizhuo went quiet for a moment, before Yizhuo broke the silence.

"It seems that we need to interrogate pizza girl about our Jimin." Yizhuo said.

"No, please, that's awkward--" Jimin was interrupted by Aeri.

"Perfect! We'll lure her into our dorm by pretending that we're Jimin ordering food, she'll never know!" Aeri said.

Yizhuo and Aeri high fived each other whilst Jimin sat with her head in her hands.

She could only feel sorry for Minjeong, she had no idea what was coming.