seven.

Delivery

"Okay everyone! Let's take a break for lunch. Only one week left until Jeju, so we really need to perfect the moves." Seulgi said. "But we're doing good so far."

The group broke up for lunch and Jimin slumped against the wall of the practice room, closing her eyes with a sigh. 

"Jimin, you have a visitor." Jongin said.

"If it's Aeri or Yizhuo, tell them I'm sleeping." Jimin mumbled.

"She said her name was Minjeong." Jongin said. "Do you still want me to tell her you're sleeping?"

Jimin instantly opened her eyes and shook her head. "No, let her in."

Jongin went over to the door again and opened it, letting Minjeong enter before he left. They were now alone in the room.

"You look terrible." Minjeong said. "Have you not been getting enough rest?"

"Don't worry, I'm okay. Just really tired. We ran through the whole dance at least six times in a row just before this." Jimin said. "What are you doing here?"

"Aeri told me where to find you. I just wanted to spend lunch with you. And I brought food too! It's not too much, since you said you don't like dancing on a full stomach, but it's enough." Minjeong said, opening her bag to take out a few boxes of rice.

The two ate in silence for a little while, before Jimin finished first and stood up.

"I need to do my stretches." Jimin explained as Minjeong looked up at her a little confused.

"Oh, yeah. Wouldn't want to pull any muscles." Minjeong mumbled into her rice.

Jimin moved back a little to stretch, starting with her legs whilst Minjeong tried to continue eating, but eventually just ended up staring at Jimin. Jimin noticed the staring straight away, and during some of stretches maintained the eye contact the whole time.

The tension in the room was building and they could both feel it. Minjeong was the one to make the first move, getting up to grab Jimin's waist and pressed her up against the mirror in the practice room. Minjeong began to lean closer and Jimin's eyes closed in anticipation, but was instead met with Minjeong whispering in her ear.

"Stop being such a tease."

Just as they were about to kiss, the door opened.

"Be glad that it's just me." Jongin called from across the room. "Everyone is coming back in five minutes."

The two instantly broke apart from each other, their cheeks both completely red.

"I should probably go..." Minjeong mumbled. "I uh... I need to buy groceries."

"Yeah, and I have to get back to practice." Jimin said with a nod, clearing . "I'll text you later."

"Dance.... Safely." Minjeong said, before picking her things up and leaving quickly.

Jimin watched as Minjeong left before she turned her attention to Jongin.

"Why did you have to walk in?!" She whined.

"Maybe because this is the practice room we're all using? I don't think the others would appreciate you and your girlfriend doing whatever filth against the mirror." Jongin said teasingly.

"We weren't doing anything! And she's not my girlfriend." Jimin huffed.

"Whatever you say, Jimin." Jongin laughed. "I'm guessing she's the one you like so much?"

Jimin nodded. "She brought me lunch... She's so sweet. I don't think anyone's ever cared about me this much."

"It's cute." Jongin said. "Do you think you'll tell her how you feel yet?"

Jimin sighed, shrugging. "I don't know... Honestly, I feel like she's planning something. Either that, or she's suddenly best friends with Aeri and Yizhuo and they only talk about me."

"So you want to wait for her to make the first move?" Jongin asked.

Jimin nodded. "I just want to be sure that she likes me enough to ask me about it."

Just then, the rest of the students walked in and Seulgi called everyone to the front so they could practice again.

 

It was on the fifth day of that week that Jimin collapsed in the dance room. She'd been lying to everyone, telling everyone that she was fine, but they could all see the look of exhaustion on her face, the way she stumbled when she wasn't dancing, the way that she'd close her eyes and almost fall from dizziness. She hadn't been sleeping much, only for two hours a night. She wanted every move to be perfect. The only time she'd eat was with Minjeong or Aeri and Yizhuo, and even then she'd eat as little as possible. She couldn't dance with a full stomach, it made her feel sick, and she was dancing at any opportunity she got.

When Jimin began to wake up, she knew she was in the hospital, yet she was struggling to figure out who was talking around her.

"I've been trying to make sure she eats every day, that's why I call by with lunch every day..." A female voice.

"It's okay, it's not your fault. Jimin's known for overworking herself like this." A male voice.

"But I promised... I promised that I'd look after her." The same female voice from before.

"She'll be okay, I know she will. She just needs to rest." The same male voice.

She heard the sound of someone crying, the female. That's when she opened her eyes to see Jongin on one side of her, and Minjeong on the other.

"Oh, you're awake." Jongin said.

"Jimin!" Minjeong sobbed and moved in to hug the other girl tightly. "Please don't ever do that again, I was so scared. You were just lying on the floor when I came in, nobody could wake you up. Please, never again."

"I'm okay, I'm okay..." Jimin mumbled, rubbing Minjeong's back gently as she cried into her shoulder.

"The doctor said you need to rest for now. We can think about having you back on Monday the earliest." Jongin said. "I know you don't want to miss anything, so I'll send you the practice videos. I'll give you two some space now. Get well soon, Jimin."

Jongin left after that. Jimin just kept holding Minjeong close until she managed to stop crying.

"I should've done more to make sure you were doing okay..." Minjeong said with a sigh.

"It's not your fault, Minjeong." Jimin said. "I was just focused so much on practicing that I just put aside my other needs."

"Then let me take care of you now, until you get better." Minjeong said.

Jimin was about to speak but a doctor came in.

"Yu Jimin?" The doctor asked.

"That's me." Jimin said.

"It seems that you collapsed due to dehydration, exhaustion, and your body not having enough energy. You really need to rest for the next few days. Stay at home." The doctor said before turning to Minjeong. "Please make sure that she eats and drinks enough and don't let her overexert herself."

Minjeong nodded, then they both said thank you to the doctor as he said Jimin could go home then left.

"Did you bring the car?" Jimin asked.

Minjeong nodded. "I wanted to come in the ambulance, but there wasn't enough room. Jongin didn't think that I would be very helpful in there anyway."

Jimin got up from the bed slowly, a little unsteady on her feet, but Minjeong was there to hold her up straight away.

"God, I feel like ..." Jimin mumbled.

"I know, but I'm going to make sure you'll get better. I'm taking you back to my place." Minjeong said. "I think you'll rest better there."

 

A few hours later, Jimin was settled in Minjeong's bed, eating some soup that Minjeong's aunt had made for her.

"I need to tell work that I can't come in." Minjeong said, taking her phone out.

"Why?" Jimin asked, frowning.

"Because I'm looking after you." Minjeong said. "Don't even try to tell me not to do it, because you can't stop me. I need to be here for you."

Jimin sighed. "Fine, but just for today."

Minjeong made the call and Jimin sat and listened, looking around the room, her eyes stopping on the nightlight in the corner. She waited for Minjeong to finish before she spoke.

"Why do you have a nightlight?" Jimin asked.

"Because..." Minjeong hesitated. "I'm scared of the dark."

"But you never use it when I'm here, so you can't be that scared." Jimin said.

"I can sleep in the dark when you're here. I feel safe when you're with me." Minjeong said, not missing the way Jimin's cheeks heated up slightly.

"You're so cute." Jimin cooed before pulling Minjeong into her arms to hug her. "Is it okay if I go to sleep now? You don't have to join me, I know it's only 8pm, but I'm so tired."

"It's fine, don't worry. I'll just watch a show or something." Minjeong said, squeezing Jimin gently before she got up to sit at her desk with her laptop, putting her earphones in. "I'll come to bed after this one, okay?"

Jimin nodded. "Okay, goodnight Minjeong."

It went quiet after that as Jimin tried her best to go to sleep, but she couldn't. After half an hour, she gave up and sat up.

Minjeong looked over at her, taking her earphones out.

"I can't sleep." Jimin mumbled, before she opened her arms. "Please come to bed."

 

As soon as Jimin felt Minjeong's warmth in her arms, she fell asleep almost instantly. At this point, it was getting impossible to sleep without Minjeong at her side. Maybe that's why she hadn't been sleeping as much. But Minjeong was there now, and Jimin could finally sleep peacefully, safe in the embrace of the person who meant the most to her.