one.

Delivery

The tiny dorm area was packed with students who were varying levels of drunk. It went from Joohyun, who was calmly sat on the couch whilst chaos unfolded all around her, to Yizhuo, who was dancing and yelling and screaming and causing most of that chaos.

Jimin didn't really like parties, but she'd told Aeri she'd be there. Now she was regretting that decision.

Yizhuo grabbed Aeri and the two started singing along to the song that was on, Jimin vaguely recognised it as some Ariana Grande song.

Joohyun was now sitting with Taeyeon, who's girlfriend, Tiffany, was nowhere to be seen. Knowing her, she'd probably be pestering Jessica. Meanwhile, Yerim was about to throw herself into the messy crowd who were now all screeching and howling along to the music, but Seungwan was holding her back.

The screaming got louder. Jimin grimaced. She got up from her seat and left the dorm. There wasn't an elevator in this building, and she didn't feel like walking down the steps and being stranded out on campus whilst her dorm was currently being used for the party, so she went up onto the roof.

It was almost quiet, apart from the faint sound of music playing in the distance. She sat for a moment, taking in the view. Seoul was beautiful at night. The city was lit up so nicely. Jimin wished she'd came up onto the roof sooner. It was more of her kind of mood.

Just then, her stomach rumbled. She sighed, realising she'd not eaten all day. So she decided to order a pizza. She filled in an order on her phone and jokingly added "send me the cutest delivery girl" not expecting anything special, before she placed the order, making sure to specify which building and how to get up onto the roof.

Then she went back to taking in the view, feeling the cool breeze against her skin. She wished she'd brought a jacket or something, but it was too late for that now. Hopefully the pizza would warm her up. Jimin sighed and closed her eyes, letting her thoughts take her away for a moment.

It must've been longer than just a moment, because soon she heard footsteps and a cough.

"Uh... Delivery for Yu Jimin?"

Jimin opened her eyes, looking in the direction of the voice.

It seemed the pizza place had pulled through, because the girl in front of her was probably one of the cutest girls she'd ever seen.

She was smaller than Jimin and her hair was black with grey tips. The pizza place's uniform was a little too big for her, but she'd made it work.

"That's me." Said Jimin, walking over to the other girl to take the pizza. "Thank you."

"Why aren't you downstairs? It sounds like there's a big party going on." The girl said.

Jimin shrugged. "It was too loud. I like how quiet it is up here. It helps me get away from the world."

The girl hummed. "Sounds nice. I wish I could come somewhere like this."

"Stay for a while?" Jimin suggested. "If your boss complains, I'll give you some extra money for your time. We can share."

"Are you sure? Not gonna go back to the party?" The girl asked.

Jimin shook her head. "I'd rather not. All my friends are there, probably making out now. It's something I'd rather not see."

The girl laughed. "I see. Alright then, I'll stay."

They walked back to the middle of the roof and sat down on the floor. Jimin opened up the pizza box and took a slice before offering the box to the girl.

"Have some if you like. I'm probably not going to eat it all." She said with a smile.

The girl mumbled her thanks as she picked up a slice.

They both sat in silence for a while, enjoying the atmosphere. The wind was still at a gentle breeze, and the music was still playing with the faint sound of voices yelling along to it.

"So, what's your name?" Jimin asked, breaking the silence.

"Minjeong. Kim Minjeong." The girl said. "And I would ask for yours, but I already know, which kind of ruins the mood."

Jimin laughed a little. "Doesn't matter. Anyway, tell me about yourself. I know we just met, but I like knowing people's stories. Tell me anything you feel like saying."

"Well..." Minjeong paused for a moment. "I was born in the city, and I've been here all my life. I've never known my parents. My aunt brought me and my brother up. I'm currently working as a pizza delivery girl until I can save up to go to university. I was originally saving up for an apartment with my ex, but we broke up. I work evening shifts, and you put an order in, and that's what brought me here."

Jimin listened, before nodding with a hum. "Interesting."

"What about you? Tell me about you." Minjeong said as she ate another slice of the pizza.

"I was also born in the city, and I've been here my whole life too. My parents have their successful businesses. I want to be a professional dancer, so my parents paid for my tuition so I could come to this university. I've been here for the past year. Tonight my friends are throwing a party in our dorm, and I was getting tired of the noise. I came up here to escape from it all, and found myself hungry, so I ordered a pizza, and now you're here." Jimin said.

There was a short silence as they both took another slice of pizza to eat.

"Do you often invite pizza delivery people to eat with you?" Minjeong asked, giggling.

Jimin shook her head with a laugh. "No. But I did ask for the cutest one and I wasn't disappointed. So I thought I'd enjoy my time with the cutie and share the view and the pizza with her."

Minjeong blushed a little at Jimin's words, not sure how to respond.

The music changed at the party below them and something slower started playing. The two continued eating the pizza and taking in the atmosphere.

Then Jimin began to notice how cold she was. And it seemed that Minjeong noticed too, because the smaller girl slipped her jacket off and put it over Jimin's shoulders.

"You'll freeze to death otherwise." Minjeong explained. "Sorry, it probably smells like pizza too."

"It's fine. Thanks. But aren't you going to get cold now?" Jimin frowned.

Minjeong shrugged. "You need it more than me. Anyway, how long are we going to stay up here? Aren't you tired?"

Jimin sighed. "Can't go back till that party's done. I can't sleep through that noise."

"That's true... Well, I guess we can stay up here then." Minjeong said.

They stayed quiet again for a while, before Jimin found herself wishing that the party was over. She was also falling asleep, so when Minjeong pulled her closer so that Jimin could lay her head on her lap, she didn't complain.

"Are you sure?" Jimin asked, looking up at Minjeong.

Minjeong nodded. "Rest."

Then Jimin closed her eyes, and fell asleep almost instantly.

 

When she woke up, the sun was rising. The sounds of the party had disappeared and instead all she could hear was the sound of the city and birds. When she opened her eyes, she was greeted with the sight of Minjeong looking down at her with a smile.

"Hi, sleepy. Good to see you're awake." She said with a laugh. "You're cute when you sleep. You make all kinds of little noises."

"Not funny." Jimin grumbled as she sat up. "How long was I asleep? When did the party end?"

Minjeong shrugged. "You slept for a while. The party ended a few hours ago. I didn't want to wake you up, you looked peaceful."

"Aren't you tired? And cold?" Jimin took the jacket off and handed it back to Minjeong.

"A little. But it doesn't matter--" Minjeong started.

"Yes it does! We're getting you somewhere warm." Jimin said before getting up and pulling Minjeong with her.

They went down the steps, and straight into Jimin's dorm which she shared with Aeri and Yizhuo, which was currently a mess from last night. She dragged Minjeong into the bedroom which was thankfully untouched, and put her on the bed and wrapped her up in a blanket.

"How long are you going to keep me here?" Minjeong asked, trying not to laugh as Jimin piled on another blanket.

"Until you're warm." Jimin said.

Minjeong managed to pull her phone out of her pocket, grimacing slightly. "I should've told my aunt I wasn't coming home last night."

"Why? Is she mad?" Jimin asked, frowning.

Minjeong shrugged. "Kinda mad, kinda worried. But don't worry about it, it's only because she cares."

"You should get back soon then. But not without warming up first. Tell her you're with a friend." Jimin said. "I'll get you some hot chocolate, stay there."

Jimin made her way out of the bedroom and into the kitchen which was currently full of empty cups, bottles, and fast food boxes. She managed to find everything she needed for the hot chocolate, thankfully untouched, then prepared it before bringing it back to Minjeong.

"Here you go." Said Jimin as she handed the mug to Minjeong who mumbled her thanks in response.

The two sat in silence for a while as Minjeong drank the hot chocolate and Jimin decided to check social media for the first time to see exactly what went on at the party. At first, it was okay. Just regular pictures of a group of friends having a good time, then as the pictures progressed along with the night, things got worse. At one point, everyone was dancing whilst Yizhou was passed out face down on the floor behind them all with Joohyun sat by her side, whilst Aeri was diving off the couch into the crowd, almost taking Taeyeon out with her.

"Hey, I'm all done now." Said Minjeong, getting Jimin's attention.

Minjeong put the mug down on the bedside table and gently pushed the blankets off.

"Are you going home now?" Jimin asked.

Minjeong nodded. "My aunt will continue to worry about me if I stay out, and I could really do with a nap."

"That's understandable." Jimin said with a nod, feeling bad about keeping Minjeong up all night whilst she managed to sleep peacefully with her head on Minjeong's lap.

Minjeong grabbed her jacket and the two headed for the front door, stepping over the various cups and other trash left on the floor from the party.

"Thanks for the pizza and the view, Jimin." Minjeong said with a smile. "We'll see each other again soon, yeah?"

Jimin nodded. "Of course. Thank you for keeping me company whilst... Whatever went on here was going on."

Minjeong laughed. "Better start cleaning up. See you later, Jimin."

And with that, Minjeong left the dorm and headed back home.

 

It was only thirty minutes into Jimin cleaning the dorm that she had the sudden realisation she had never asked for Minjeong's number or social media, and the yell she let out was enough to wake Aeri up.

"What was that? Can you be quiet? My head hurts so bad..." Aeri groaned as she emerged from her room.

"Sorry I... Hit my foot on the couch." Jimin mumbled as she put another cup in the trash bag she had in her hand. "How was the party?"

"It was good, lots of fun." Aeri said as she walked across the room and slumped on the couch. "Where did you go? We lost you halfway through the night."

"I needed some air, ended up ordering pizza and befriending the delivery driver." Jimin said.

Aeri paused for a moment before she started laughing. It took her a good few minutes to recover.

"Why is that literally something only you could do? And why were you gone for so long? Did you even come back last night?" Aeri asked.

Jimin pouted. "Hey! She was nice, so I wanted to get to know her. We shared the pizza and stayed on the roof."

"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I know parties aren't your thing, but I'm glad you were there for at least the first hour." Aeri said before she got up. "My head is killing me so I'm gonna get some water and leave you to clean up. Bad friend, I know, but if I bend over to pick anything up I might throw up." 

Jimin watched as Aeri went into the kitchen, almost falling over a trash bag on the floor, before she left and went back to her room with a glass of water.

 

After two hours, the dorm was clean. She hadn't seen Aeri again and Yizhuo had also not emerged from her room, so she decided to go for a walk.

Conveniently, she found herself walking by the pizza place she'd ordered from last night and stopped outside, sighing. She really wanted to see Minjeong again. The girl seemed nice. Not as intense as Aeri and Yizhuo. She knew dropping her number off and asking for someone to give it to Minjeong would seem really creepy, so she just continued walking again, hoping their paths would cross once more.

 

But would they?