Nine

black shield • jeonghan x seungcheol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seungcheol blinked in the dim light of the morning. He sat up and let the sheet fall from his chest and looked around. He was alone. He’d been tired the night before but when Luda had called he had said she could come over and quickly kicked his dirty clothes under the bed to hide the mess. Now he didn’t know where she was. The clock said 6:30am and he groaned when he realised he had ninety mintues of peace left. Ninety minutes until he had to be prepared for anything.

 

He rolled out of bed and found yesterday’s pants and pulled them on without underwear. One hand rubbed his hair back from his face and the other itched at the annoying spot where his leg joined his groin and he sniffed hard with one blocked nostril before wandering out into his living area.

 

Luda was moving quietly around the kitchen making coffee and breakfast. He smiled as she handed him a mug and a plate of cut fruit and joined him on the couch where they ate in silence. She watched him gulp down the hot black coffee and silently got up to make another. She was like a gentle little moving doll so unobtrusively moving around his apartment and he leaned back with a grin when she handed him the second cup.

 

 

When Luda joined him on the couch again she leaned over and grabbed the tv remote. The obnoxious breakfast show was blasting celebrity gossip news and Seungcheol groaned. It was inevitable and he wasn’t surprised when the topic of conversation was Jeonghan and his little baby. The female host was gushing over how cute Jeonghan was, how sweet and angelic, and how cute the kitten was. Seungcheol rolled his eyes almost into the back of his head.

 

If only they knew.

 

“What’s he like?” Luda asked suddenly as Seungcheol put his arm casually around her shoulder.

 

 

Needy. Crazy. Sad.

 

Lonely.

 

 

“Nice.” Seungcheol said as he kissed the top of her head. “Big day?” He asked as he got up and gathered the dishes. He tossed them into the sink with all intentions of washing them later. “Mmhmm...” Luda chewed the last of her toast and got up too. “Double wisdom tooth extraction this morning.” Seungcheol made a face at her and she giggled.

 

Double wisdom tooth extraction almost sounded less painful than a day filled with Jeonghan’s whims.

 

Seungcheol shook his head and got up. He called out a goodbye to Luda from the shower, dressed in one of his new black tshirts and pulled on yesterday’s jeans again. They looked clean enough. And with his mind full of what if’s he drove to his employers building with the radio turned up loud.

 

 

 

 

Seungcheol took a deep breath and opened the door. Silence. He walked in and stood still, waiting for Jeonghan to jump on his back from behind the doorway or appear half with his long hair hanging wild and free, but all he found was soft still silence.

 

There was no official schedule today but Jeonghan still had to work. He had a meeting with his stylist, a production meeting and a few hours in the dance studio. He would try to fit a few hours of songwriting in between all these tasks.

 

Seungcheol wondered if Jeonghan was even home. He tiptoed down the hall and when he saw the bedroom door cracked he couldn’t resist peeking in. And there was Jeonghan, long fair hair spilled loose all over his pillow, sleeping soundly with Chan Chan on his chest. The gentle creep of golden light was just making its way through the blinds and the sun ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter