Fifty six

black shield • jeonghan x seungcheol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jeonghan blinked his eyes as they adjusted to the dim light. He looked around and found he was on a mattress and handcuffed to a metal bed frame. The room looked odd, underground or hidden, smelled musty like old paints, but was clean and the mattress was surprisingly comfortable.

 

He tried to move and pain rippled through his head making him wince and groan a little. “Oh,” a voice exclaimed and the man moved into his field of vision. “I’m glad you’re awake. I was starting to get a bit worried. I’m kind of stupid really, I knew I should have put the seatbelt on you, but I was in such a hurry…” The man, or boy – Jeonghan wasn’t quite sure, frowned as he lifted a bandage on Jeonghan’s head. “Hurt your pretty face. Oops!” he giggled as he pulled the bandage back down. “Who are you?” Jeonghan managed to croak out and the boy offered him a water bottle. Jeonghan gratefully accepted it and sipped at the water greedily. “I’m Hansol..... Good,” the man crooned gently at him as he drank the water. “Now you’ll sleep.” Jeonghan only had a few minutes to wonder how stupid he could be before everything went black again.

 

 

 

 

 

“Police!” Wonwoo shouted as his deputy kicked the door. It swung open and they ran inside with guns drawn. “Holy …” Seungcheol murmured as he followed them into the apartment. It was sparsely furnished with various cameras and other photography and soft drink cups and takeaway food containers littered the floor. The walls were covered with larger than life prints of Boo Seungkwan. Every wall. Every available space was covered. “This is a shrine,” Seungcheol wondered aloud as he walked around. Wonwoo and his team checked every room before converging on the living area. “They aren’t here. There’s no sign he’s brought him here.” He holstered his gun before addressing his team. “Take everything for evidence. The rubbish, the pictures, all of it. Look for receipts, bank statements, anything that can be linked to the illegal activity against the victim..”

 

“You shouldn’t be here,” Wonwoo said. “I’m coming with you,” Seungcheol replied. “You can’t think I’m just going to sit around while you look for him.” Wonwoo sighed “Fine,” he said as he turned towards the door. “Let’s go.” They headed out towards a patrol car and Wonwoo barked instructions to the waiting police outside. “Do you think you can try and track his phone?” Wonwoo asked and Seungcheol’s eyes widened. Of course. They’d installed that app where you could find your friends online and he pulled his phone out of his pocket. “It’s still on,” Seungcheol said as he loaded the app. “he’s over in the commercial district by the river.” ”This kid really is an amateur,” Wonwoo shook his head as he sped away from the gutter. “Hansol’s parents have a storage warehouse over there. This is going to be easier than I thought.”

 

 

 

 

 

Jeonghan’s head felt fuzzy, like he had the world’s worst hangover, and he blinked his eyes back into focus. “Sorry,” the boy in front of him smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter