Fifty nine

black shield • jeonghan x seungcheol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Give me your coat,” Seungcheol said and Wonwoo complied. “There’s no media outside,” he said as he took it off but Seungcheol wasn’t about to risk it. He let Wonwoo drape it over the man huddled in his arms before they opened the doors and walked out into the darkness of night. “He needs an ambulance,” Wonwoo said, “one is on standby over there,” but Seungcheol shook his head. “No. someone will leak it. I’ll take him to the hospital myself.”

 

Almost on cue, Jisoo pulled up in the car. “Holy crap,” he said as he jumped out and opened the back door for Seungcheol to deposit Jeonghan carefully inside. “Is he okay?” “He’s just a bit shaken up and he’s hurt his ankle,” Seungcheol replied as he climbed in behind him, “take us to the hospital.” Jeonghan was still huddled under Wonwoo’s police jacket and seemed happy under there so Seungcheol buckled him in and held onto him as they drove through the dark city streets and away from the nightmare of the last few months.

 

 

 

“Mr Yoon,” the doctor smiled widely as he held up the image, “the good news is it isn’t broken. It’s a bad sprain and you’ll be off it for at least a week.” “A week? I can’t do that. I have promotions…” he looked from a stern Seungcheol to a serious Jisoo and shook his mop of blond hair in resignation. “Fine,” he sighed and the doctor handed him a prescription. “You can fill this on the way out. Stay off it. Rest, elevation, compression. And go easy on it when it feels better.” “I have an excellent personal trainer,” Jeonghan said as he shook his head at the crutches. “I don’t need those.” He slung an arm around Seungcheol’s shoulders and the bodyguard held him around the waist. “I have Cheollie.” His voice was so soft and delicate it made the dark haired man weak. Weak for what he had and weak for what he almost lost. This was where he belonged. He was never leaving his side ever again.

 

As the approached the doors of the hospital Seungcheol gasped. He could see the gathered media outside and looked over at Jisoo in panic. “It’s fine,” Jisoo said stoically. “I fully expected this. With all the chaos of the photos of you two and Jeonghan’s disappearance from the music show it was bound to catch up with us eventually.”

 

“Cheollie,” Jeonghan whispered and Seungcheol drew him closer. “No use hiding from them now,” he said as he pulled the blond man close and into the warmth of his body. “Ready?” Jisoo asked and they nodded. “Walk him straight to the car and get in, ignore the cameras, let me do the talking. Understood?” Seungcheol nodded his agreement and they walked out of the automatic doors into a lightening storm of camera flashes.

 

“Jeonghan, Jeonghan!”

 

“Seungcheol!”

 

Fansites and media called their names as Jeonghan clung on to Seungcheol. The bodyguard scowled a little as he guided the idol into the waiting car and bundled him inside. As soon as the door was closed Seungcheol wrapped him comfortably in his arms and his soft hair to keep him calm as he watched Jisoo expertly handle the crowd outside.

 

“Today at Inkigayo Jeonghan suffered an ankle injury while rehearsing. It’s not serious but he’ll be taking a break from promotions to rest. We have no further comment thank you.” He smiled briefly at the crowd who began screaming questions at him. “What about the bodyguard?” A reporter from the Star Dispatch yelled. “Any comment on their relationship?” “No comment other than Jeonghan is very happy in his personal life. His personal life is private. Thank you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter