Two

Love on the Brain

Love on the Brain


I woke up feeling heavy. I didn’t drink or anything but I suddenly feel heavy. Maybe I just need some water so I decided to go up and went straight to the kitchen. It’s already 5. I figured that I should cook dinner since the guys aren’t here yet. I began thinking what to cook and did my job.


After cooking, I played NBA first to pass some time that I didn’t realize that Dad and Jennie were home and have been calling out for me. 


“Jungkook! What are you doing?!” I heard Jennie yelling from downstairs. 


I feel irritated but calmed myself up before going down. Noona suddenly came up to me and hit my with her hands. “Yah Noona! I’m not a kid anymore! I was just playing, I didn’t realize that you were calling for me!” I said as I touch my . 


“Yah, you will always be a baby to me. Come on, Let’s eat. Dad’s already eating and I’m hungry as heck” Noona said and went back to the dining room. 


We were eating in silence. A clear explanation that we are all hungry. Dad suddenly broke the silence with a very hard question. 


“So Kookie, what happened to your car? Did you met an accident today at the road?” Dad asked with worry. 


Jennie looked at me, wide eyed. “Yah! Did you have your episodes today?!” 


“No! A lady accidently scratched my car with hers. She didn’t even paid for it but gave me her call card. And no, I mean I almost had but I controlled and calmed myself” I replied  


They both look relieved when they heard my explanation. “Namjoon-oppa will be late today. He said he’ll just finish something and will be going to a party with Yoongi-oppa and Hoseok-oppa” Noona interjected as she finish her meal. 


Now this is my time to tease noona. I smiled to myself.


“Maybe you should go with them, noona” I said as I chew my food. “Yoongi-hyung will be there so maybe you both can have a great ti-“ I got interrupted when noona kicked my knees under the table. 


I rubbed my knees cause it freaking hurts! “Noona! That hurts! I was just stating a fact!” 


And as if destiny is playing with her, Dad actually joined our little love talk. 


“I think you should go too, Jen. It’s time for you to have a boyfriend or something. Pfft” Dad said controlling his laughter.


Jennie-noona just scratched her head. “Daaaaad! You really are something else!” She suddenly got up and flipped her hair. “And just so you know, it’s all Yoongi’s fault! I’m going up. I have to study for our exam tomorrow” 


“Whatever makes you happy, sis”


The dinner ended with some bickering. And now I have to prepare my ears up for Namjoon-hyung’s long sermon about the car.

 


A week later


Namjoon-hyung was not that angry. Which is a relief, but he kept on asking me to call the lady that bumped to my car. 


I am currently in the firm and I have decided to call the one responsible for my car. I searched my bag and found her call card. 


“IDr. Ros-“ I was reading out her name when suddenly  the secretary came up to me. Her breathing is fast like she from the first floor up to the 4th floor.


“Sir, I have a bad news”


“What? What is it?!” I asked her.


Panicking, she answered me “An accident happened at Mr. Song’s building construction. The stairs suddenly collapsed and parts of the 2nd floor were destroyed. The materials used for the construction were different from the proposed materials presented during the preliminary meeting. The materials used were substandard and cheap. 5 of the workers were injured and was rushed to the hospital”.


“But that project is under Engineer Kim and Architect So’s supervision, they are the ones you should call. Where are they?!” These two are getting in my nerves already. 


An junior architect suddenly came in and answered me, “Sir, they can’t be contacted anymore. I already asked an staff to go to their units and informed that nobody is there anymore”


What the ! Did they just ran off?! 


“Sir, Mr. Song’s on the line, he wanted to talk to you”


“Architect! What happened to my building?! I thought your firm is one of the best firms?!”


“I’m so sorry, Mr. Song!” I answered apologetically. “Apparently, Engr. Kim and Arch. So ran off from the project. I’m really sorry, Mister. Song”


“I don’t care if they ran off. If you can’t do your job properly, give me back the money and I’ll look for a new construction firm” 


“No Mister Song, I-“ I got interrupted when he suddenly turned down the call.


God damn it! I threw the phone away and everything on the table.


“Get out, everyone.” 


“But Sir-“


“I said get out! You idiots! Is that hard to understand?! Get out! Get out! I said get out!” 
I am fuming with anger. This firm is just starting and it’s already going down. 

 

The two bastards ran off with the money and left me with this mess. Mister Song decided not to continue the contract with us anymore. And that left me with huge amount of debt. I don’t want to borrow from Hyung or Dad cause this is all my mess. 


And what I didn’t know is that everything is just starting to go down.