Four

Love on the Brain

Jungkook woke up with a great pain in his neck. 

He sat right up to relieve the pain. He rubbed his temple but his hand felt something sticky on his forehead. We he looked at it, it was blood. He just realized that he had an accident and hit his car in a big tree. 

Jungkook decided to get out of the car before it explode  He brought just his phone with him. 

He realized he’s in the middle of nowhere. It was all trees that he saw. He walked and walked with his barefoot but the view somehow relaxed him. 

Jungkook saw a trail. Like someone has been passing by this area. He followed it and found a big house near a river. It was a beautiful house. 

The house looks like it was made from bamboo. But parts of it was with cocrete. From where he was standing, you can see a balcony facing the river. It was a typical modern house one can always see nowadays. It has a monochromatic colors that made it more relaxing. 

As he walked closer to it, he saw a sign that says “Roses Retreat House”

He thought to himself, for a retreat house this place is a bit unideal. But it really is a beautiful retreat house.

He looked around the house and found an open door. The door is made from birch wood and it was treated beautifully. But it seemed like the whole has been left out. The grasses aren’t trimmed for a very long time that it almost covered the pavement. There are some scattered woods in the lawn. Some of the flowers wilted already. Even the bushes have different shape already. He walked around and found the reception desk but no one was around. 

“Hello? Hello! Anybody here?” He shouted. 
Suddenly, a girl emerged from the desk. And she accidentally bumped her head. 

As she was scratching her head, she and Jungkook just stared at each other’s eyes. Maybe for around 10 seconds? 

They just at each other’s eyes. Jungkook thought this girl has pretty eyes, it’s like her eyes are pulling him towards her. Her eyes are soft, her nose is small and pointed. Her lips are pink like roses. It’s like Jungkook is falling for her. 

Then when the girl realized she has an customer. 

“Ahhhh! Blood!” She screamed loudly that made Jungkook cover his ear. 

The girl suddenly went near him and touched his forehead. “Oh my God! Sir! Are you okay? Come! Come! Lay down first here” The girl dragged to a nearby couch. And it seemed dusty in his perspective. 

“Sir! Calm down, sir. Okay? U-uhm. Don’t panic! I-i will call our medic. Just wait here okay?!” She suddenly ran and started calling out to someone. 

“Lisa-yah! Lisa! Where are you?! We have a customer and it’s your time to shine! He needs medical attention! Come quickly!” The girl shouted. 

The girl then came back with another girl, the other girl has a straight bangs. 

The girl, whose name must be Lisa (just like what JK heard) suddenly came to him, panicking. “Oh my! Sir! Are you okay?! Calm down, a’right? I’m an expert in this. Trust me. You’re in good hands”. 

And Lisa did her magic on Jungkook. She cleaned and put some medicine on JK’s head and alas, he’s okay. 

"What happened to you, anyway?" Lisa asked.

"My car crashed" He answered. 

The two girls' eyes instantly grew bigger when they heard what happened to him.

"Ohmy! How did you survive it?!" The receptionist asked. 

“Air bag popped out"

Both the girls just stared at each other and nodded. 

"So sir, Welcome to Roses Retreat House! You are our first customer in about uhm maybe- 2 years? Am I right?” She suddenly looked at the other girl. 

The girl answered her, “Yup! 2 years! So we are going to treat you like a King! I’m Chaeyoung, by the way!” The girl with strawberry blonde hair introduced.

“And I am Lisa, the great nurse! Nice to meetcha! Whats your name?”

“Jungkook” 

“Oh okay, stay as much as you like here. Alright? I’ll play first. Buh byeeee~” 

There was a silence between the two of them. 

“Welcome again! What room would you like to book?” Chaeyoung asked but Jungkook just ignored her and look around. 

“I highly recommend our Business Suite, Mr. Jungkook” 

Still no response from him. 

“Wow, you really are a silent type, aren’t you?” Chaeyoung commented. 

Jungkook would like to stay at the place for a long time but his family are worried about. “I’m sorry. I can’t stay for long. Can I use your telephone? It’s an emergency. I have to call my family”

Chaeyoung’s shoulder fell and she looked a bit sad. 

“Yeah sure. Here, call the-“ She stopped when she realized there was no dial tone.

“I’m sorry. I forgot, this phone is just for display hehe” Chaeyoung said cutely. 

Jungkook get a bit of annoyed. His family might be worried of him, and he still doesn’t know about his dad’s condition. “Are you serious?” 

The girl just nodded at him cutely. 

“Where am I anyway? Where’s your manager? I wish to speak to him” Jungkook asked her. 

“Manager? Okay, wait for a second sir. Ill just call her” 

Chaeyoung went inside and call the manager, but Chaeyoung just came out again and this time, she has different outfit and has a nameplate that says manager. 

“Yes sir? You are looking for me? I am the manager of this reputable establishment” 

Now Jungkook is annoyed.” Miss, I’m not playing with you. I’ll just talk to the owner. And where the hell is this place anyway?”

“Okay, I’ll call the owner right away sir. Just give me a minute”

Chaeyoung went in again, and went out her normal clothes but a nameplate that says “Owner”

“Are you kidding me?!” Jungkook is now really angry  

Chaeyoung went closer to him and hold his hand. 

“Sir, please. Just stay for a while. Maybe a week? Just let us serve! It’s been since we had a customer here. We’ll give you a discount! Please sir just stay for a while” She was desperate to have a customer and she would do anything for him to stay. 

It seems like Jungkook is waiving a little so Chaeyoung gave all her convincing powers to make sure Jungkook will stay. 

“I swear, after staying here, your face will be filled with smiles and you’ll be able to laugh more and be more positive. Just, stay here for a while. Also, you won’t be able to contact your family. Like what you saw earlier, the phone is just for display. And the connection here is so bad, you’ll feel like you’re in stone age” Chaeyoung keeps on convincing Jungkook and it’s actually working now. 

Chae continued, “Anyway, being away from the stressful atmosphere is good for once in a while right? So just stay and relax here. Okay?” She gave him her sweetest smile. 

“Maybe this is my chance. I’ll be able to sort myself up here” Jungkook thought to himself. 

Chaeyoung just smiled at him. “Yup! Anyway, what room would ypu like to get? Oh! Wait! I’ll just tour you around here so you’ll be able to choose” 

Chaeyoung dragged Jungkook to their Living Area, “This is our living area. Very spacious, right? You’ll have this all by yourself since you’re our only guest” Chaeyoung smiled.

The living are is actually spacious and very airy. It has a 3-seater sofa, with accent chair on the sides. The coffee table has books that might be read. It faces the sliding window wall that leads to the outside facing the river. The color scheme is very nice. Cream colored walls, accented by choco brown on some parts. This is a place JK would want to have as a home. If they just added some plants, it would look better. Jungkook thought.

They continued and went straight to the dining. It has two wooden 8-seater table, topped with glass. But the seemed like it wasn’t touched for a long time. It’s very dusty, and spider webs are all around. The paints on the walls are fading. 

“Hey, I’m sorry. It’s been a while since we had a guest” Chaeyoung apologized but Jungkook just stared at her.

Chaeyoung just cleared . 

“Can I have my room already?” Jungkook asked irritatedly. 

“Of course! Let me show you our rooms!” Chaeyoung happily answered.

They both went upstairs

Chaeyoung was about to show him the rooms when Jungkook cut her off.

“You don’t have to show me all the rooms. Just give me-“ Jungkook was also interrupted when Chaeyoung insisted that she show the rooms. 

“No sir, let me show you all the rooms! Maybe you’ll like the other ones. Pretty please? She gave him her puppy eyes.

Jungkook just sighed in defeat and just followed her around. 

She showed him all the rooms and to his surprise, all the rooms are undeniably all the same with just a one or two differences. With different names of course. 

“Are you serious? The first three rooms are the same!” 

“No Sir! They are different! Really! Haven’t you saw the difference? Wow, you have poor eyesight” Chaeyoung said while shaking her head. 

“Wow, so it’s my fault now?” 

“No Sir! I’m not saying it’s your fault. I just said you have poor eyesight. You’re such a judger sir” She said while smiling. 

This girl is really getting into JK’s nerves. 

“What’s a judger anyways?” Jungkook asked  
“Someone who judges. Wow Sir, you must have a poor vocabulary, too” 

“Are you kidding?”

“Nope” as she popped the P. 

Now, they went to the last room. Which Chaeyoung called the “Ultra Deluxe Room”

“Now sir this is our-“

“I’ll take this one. Thanks” 

“Woah, that was fast. Okay! Lemme just-“ She was about to clean up the bed but she forgot that it was very dusty. That all the dust went to her face. 

“I’m sorry again sir. Lemme just call our maid to clean this all up! Just wait, okay?” She said while smiling. Chaeyoung went out to look for the maid. 

Jungkook looked around the room and found it was actually a good room. Very light and airy. It was his type of room to be exact. Just a bit of modification and clean up and this room would be perfect. 

He heard footsteps outside. It must be the maid that will clean up the room.

But it turns out, it was Chaeyoung. In maid uniform. 

Chaeyoung went closer to him. “Hello sir! I am Maid Chae! I’m here to clean your room” She said as she gave him a cutesy smile. 

Jungkook just face-palmed. 

This is really going to be a long day. Jungkook thought.