Nine

Love on the Brain

Jungkook was hesitating if he should go inside now or maybe later but he thought Chaey might gain conciousness while he's not around. At the end, he decided to slowly open Chaey's bedroom door as he slightly peek his head inside checking.

 

Slowly, he walked towards Chaeyoung's bed to see if the girl's awake. He let out a relieved sighed because it might not be good idea for her to see him first the moment she wakes up. Jungkook thought if it wasn't for him, Chaey won't be in that condition.

 

Curiousness knocked on Jungkook's mind and he decided to look around Chaey's room. It was quite large. Larger than the biggest room she showed him. And it was nicely designed and Jungkook bet, it will look more nice when the sun's out. The walls are all white, giving the room a light and airy feeling but her floral pattern, cream curtains added color to it. Plants gave the room a more fresh vibe that Jungkook liked. At one side, she has a console table with photo frames displayed on top of it. On the other is a large white wooden bookshelves full of books which are surprisingly, all the books he might have read in his life. And a familiar lounge chair with a teal-colored pillow that Jungkook hated the most cause he thought it looks too girly. As he looked around, Jungkook noticed some paintings on a large wall, giving her room more character. His body was pulled towards it was surprised how detailed the paintings were. He read the initials of the painter.

 

 

"P.C.Y."

 

 

Whoever this painter is, I must meet him. I'll look for him when I get back. Jungkook thought.

 

Jungkook decided to pull out some chair and place it near her bed. 

 

Ah, she looks peaceful.

 

She actually looks prettier when she's sleeping



Jungkook just found himself staring at her and it made him calm. But the guilt is still alive as he noticed the bruises she had. He can't help but cry, letting out how sorry he was for what happened. 

 

He came closer to her bed, held out her hand and put it in between his palms. 

 

"Chaeyoung-ssi, I'm so sorry. Please wake up" 

 

Jungkook repeated those words. God knows how many times he repeated it until he fell asleep with him still holding her hands.

 

xxxxxx

 

Jungkook felt something warm in his back and something touching his head that made him wake. He slowly lifted his body up, withn his back aching from sleeping in that position. He carefully massaged his neck then he noticed that Chaeyoung's awake.

 

She was just looking at him, smiling.

 

"C-Chaeyoung!" He just suddenly felt happy that he immediately eloped her in a warm hug.

 

"Wah, Jungkook-ssi I think I'm dreaming" 

 

"Why?"

 

"You're hugging me. Real tight. Are you really Kookie? Where is he?" Chaeyoung said with her weak voice

 

Jungkook just smirked a bit, still hugging her, "Kookie got eaten by an anaconda" Chaeyoung just laughed.

 

Jungkook broke their hug. "Wait, I got to tell everyone! Just wait here" and he sprinted out. Chaeyoung just watched him, smiling.

 

He's starting to change slowly. 

 

He just ran so fast he almost tripped, but he didn't mind. He looked for the house's staff but they're nowhere to be found.

 

The last place he went to was the riverside where they might be hanging around.

 

He saw Chim and Lisa. They were just sitting by the riverside staring at nothing. Jungkook was about to call them when they suddenly just outbursted. Jungkook got scared for a while.

 

"Chaeyoung-aaaaah, uwaaaaah huhu" Both of them cried out. "Please wakeeeee up, Chaeyoung-ahhhhhhh"

 

First seconds they were so quite then the next they'll just cry out of nowhere. He just shrugged and called them, "Yah! Chim, Lalisa! Chaeyoung's awake!"

 

They suddenly stopped crying and faced Jungkook. "Jinjjaaaaaa?!" Then the two got up and sprinted upstairs to check on Chaeyoung.

 

People here are something else. Jungkook just shook his head and went back to Chaeyoung's room and saw the three of them hugging each other and ugly-crying. He just sat at Chaeyoung's lounge chair and watch their mini drama.

 

"Ya, Chaeyoung-ah. Don't be an idiot next time, okay? Huhu" Lisa said as she checked Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung just nodded. "How many months have I been asleep?" 

 

Lisa and Chim just gave her a "What are you talking about" look. Chim just flicked her forehead. 

 

"Ah!" Chaeyoung winced a bit. "Waaaae?!"

 

Chim answered her blankly , "You were just asleep for 12 hours, stupid. Your normal sleeping duration"

 

"Jinjja?" Chaeyoung asked as she rub her forehead. Lisa continued checking on her. "You have so many cuts but it's good now cause I cleaned and patched it all. Can you move your legs and feet a bit?" Lisa asked.

 

"I tried walking earlier cause I want to go out and eat but it was painful" Chaeyoung said, pouting. "I'm so hungry I can eat a half fried chicken, half glazed chicken, pho, blueberry cheesecake and a coconut drink. Waaaah" Then she looked at Chimmy giving him a puppy eyes look.

 

Chim just shrugged "Arasso, I'll make you a porridge" then Chim went out.

 

"Yaaaaaaaah, Chimmyyyyy huhu" 

 

Lisa laughed a bit "Yah, Chaeyoung-ah. It's not like we have ingredients for those. Now, go lay down again. I'll leave you with Jungkook and help Chim in the kitchen" Then Lisa went out leaving the two of them in the room.

 

"You guys are really close" Jungkook broke the silence. 

 

Chaeyoung just smiled. "Yeah, they're basically my family. If it weren't for them, I might not be able to survive alone."

 

And then silence eloped them again. 

 

"Uhm Chaeyoung"

 

"Ne?"

 

"Do you want to go outside? Sun's rays are good this morning and the wind's refreshing" 

 

Chaeyoung just laughed, "I want to but my legs" she pointed at it.

 

"I'll give you a piggyback" Jungkook said as he rub the back of his neck. He wasn't looking at her directly but his cheeks hinted a bit blush on them.

 

Chaeyoung blushed a bit, "Y-yah. I'm heavy"

 

Jungkook just smirked that made Chaeyoung blush more.

 

"I think you're light as a feather"

 

Chaeyoung is now red hot that she decided to hide down in her blanket and give a noiseless squeal. She tried to calm herself out before emerging out.

 

Jungkook walked towards her bed "Chaeyoung?" Jungkook called her.

 

She pushed her blanket out, revealing Chaeyoung with dishelved hair look and faced Jungkook. "Okay, Kookie" She slowly sat on her bedside. Waiting for Jungkook to give his back but she was surprised when he went beside her and carried her in bridal style.

 

"YAAA, Jungkook!" 

 

But Jungkook just smirked again. Jungkook carefully walked out so they don't trip. He knew Chaeyoung was light but it surprised him how light she really was. Made him think where her food go. Chaeyoung carefully wrapped her arms around Jungkook. She just put her head down because she was blushing really hard at how close their faces were.

 

Jungkook turned his head on Chaeyoung. And he realized he wasn't irritated at her anymore but it was the first time he felt a bit  tingling sensation in his stomach. But he doesn't know what it was. 

 

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxx

 

Nyeongan, yeorobuuuun! Hope you're all good!