Five

Love on the Brain

Jungkook was lying on the bed, thinking what really went wrong in his life. From his work to his dad, everything is really messed up. 


His thoughts was interrupted when he heard soft knocks.


“Jungkook? Hi! It’s Chaeyoung again hehe” He heard from outside. 


Jungkook just gave a sigh, knowing that this girl is pretty stubborn if ever he won’t answer her. “Yes? What do you want?”


“Uhm, I think it’s you who need something. I have here your toiletries, you should take a bath first before lying down” 


She’s right, Jungkook thought. He went to open the door and receive it from her. Instead of giving her his thanks, he just slammed the door close to Chaeyoung’s face. 


Chaeyoung just shrugged and went downstairs.


Jungkook stripped from his dirty and stinky clothes. He was ready to put out all the grimes from his body when he realized that there was no water running from the shower. 


Oh, for goodness sake. JK thought. 


He wore his clothes again and went out straight to the reception desk. 


“Miss! I thought this place is good but don’t tell me even your water faucet and shower is for display too?! No water is running! You’re unbelievable!” JK was fuming with anger. 


Chaeyoung just stared at him “Water sir? Oh gosh. Not a biiiiiiig problem. Sir, you’re such a judger. Come with me!” Chaeyoung just grabbed his wrist.


“Water is not a problem, sir! We have unlimited supply of water not unless drought is about to happen because of course, of global warming” She explained as she led him outside. 


Once they were outside, they stood just by the riverside. 


“Bwalaa! Unlimited supplies of water just for you!” She stated as she wave her hand to the river. 


JK just sighed defeated. “Okay, just- go back inside. I’m going to take my bath” This girl is really something else. 


He turned his back on Chaeyoung and went straight to the river. He removed his shirt and just tossed it by the riverside. He was about remove his pants when he felt a presence at his back. 


He immediately turned and saw Chaeyoung staring at him. 


“What the heck? I told you to go back inside cause I’m going to take a bath. Are you nuts?” JK shouted at her. 


“Wow, you have a great body” That is what she only said that made the both of them go silent. 


It seems like Chaeyoung didn’t plan on saying that that her face went and red. “I-i mean, our services include uhm laundry service! Give me your clothes so I can wash and dry it immediately so can wear it back” She told him smiling. 


“You crazy? You want me to go here?” 


“Ops, I didn’t say that. I have an extra shorts here from one of the staff. You can use it as you take a bath. Oh my gosh, sir. I didn’t know you actually think like that”


Jungkook just sighed. “Okay fine! Just stay away from here. Like 5 meters or 10 away” 
But just like he thought, Chaeyoung just stayed 4 meters away from him. He started scrubbing while she washed his clothes. 


“I didn’t know you have another staff besides the nurse” Jungkook started. 


Chaeyoung just smiled at him. “His name is Chimmy. But I like to call him Chim-chim. Well, he’s out for a while but he’ll be here later or maybe tomorrow”


“Is he your boyfriend or something?” JK asked.


“Nope. He’s just a friend” Chaeyoung said as she continued to wash his clothes. 


“This is the first time I talked to you in normal state”


Chaeyoung just pouted at him. Cute, JK thought. 


“Hmmm, you know what? I’ll just call you Kookie” 


Jungkook was shocked when he heard her. “Where did you get that?” 


Chaeyoung made a thinking stance. “Isn’t your name Jungkook? I removed the Jung and added -ie at last thats why its Kookie. Cute, right?” 


Jungkook just stared at her. 


“Or should I call you Shooky? You seemed shocked you know?” 


“Whatever, Lady”

 
“Kookie it is, then!” Chaeyoung just smiled at him. 


After Jungkook bathe himself, he went straight to his room in towel. 


He went to his bed, and lied there while staring at the ceiling until he heard a noise from outside like someone’s practicing their Kung Fu. 


He checked by his balcony and saw Chaeyoung spinning Jungkook’s underwear in the air while making a weird noise. 


Jungkook was shooked in disbelief “Hey, Lady! What the hell are you doing?!” 


“I’m drying your clothes the natural way! Do you wanna be for a long time?” She shouted back. 


Jungkook just gripped his hair and went back inside. He lied in his bed again and closed his eyes for a while. 


He was suddenly startled by a knock. The guy is angry again. He went to open his door and found Chaeyoung smiling. 


“What do you want. Again?” 


“Uhm, can you please come downstairs? I have some people to introduce to you so you know them while you stay” Chaeyoung said.

 
Jungkook just stared at her “No”.


“Well, too bad we don’t accept no for an answer so come on! They’re all fun, mate!” She said and grabbed his wrist again. 


They went downstairs and went straight to the dining room which seemed to be cleaned up. He found 4 people there talking. 


“Hey guys! He’s here!"


Chaeyoung led him to seat and they all stand in front of him.


“We haven’t gave you a proper welcome!” The nurse said. 


The short guy then opened his arms. “Welcome to Roses Retreat House! Where you can rest in peace... forever! I am Chimmy, but you can call me Chim-chim. Your friendly staff!” He smiled at him. 


“Welcome! We met before! I am Lalisa! Your nurse! Good to see your wound is not bleeding anymore. If you need or feel something just not about money, just call my name and I’ll be there” The nurse said. 


“I don’t work here but welcome! I am Jin, your friendly neighbor! And this is my lovely girl, Soo” The tall guy introduced a girl whose been looking at a different direction. 


The pretty girl waved her hand. “Hi! I’m Soo! Welcome to Roses Retreat House. I’m sorry I won’t be help you that much. You see, uhm...”


There was a long pause before she said something that is quite unexpected to him. 


“You see, I’m blind. Hehe, but if you need someone to talk to, I’m here. We can talk about a lot of stuff” She said smiling.


Jungkook felt a bit sadness when she said it but he felt relieved when he saw that there is someone who can take care of her. 


Chaeyoung suddenly interrupted “Since everybody introduced themselves, it’s my turn now to introduce again. I am Chaeyoung! The owner of this beauuuuutiful establishment. We haven’t talked about payment you know” 


Jungkook suddenly remembered he doesn’t have any money with him. 


“I don’t have money” Jungkook said straightly. 


Chaeyoung just nodded “I can see that but it’s fine. I need something more from you. Mwahaha”


Jungkook suddenlu felt uneasy. 


“Yah! Chaeng! You’re scaring him! I’m sorry. She’s just crazy sometimes” Chim apologized.


Chaeyoung just laughed “I was just kidding! You see, since you came here, you’ve been like very angry at the world”


“And I felt like you blame yourself for something” She continued. “So I have decided that the payment you’ll give us is a sincere smile and a hearty laugh”


Jungkook was shooked. “I’m sorry, what?”


“Wow, you also have a bad hearing” Chaeyoung then cleared and make her voice a little louder “I said, a sincere smile and hearty laugh is your payment!”


“Are you crazy, Lady?”


Chaeyoung was shooked, too. “Well, you don’t have any money. Want me to sue you?”
Jungkook was about to say something when Chaeyoung spoke again. “And please call me Chaeyoung or Chaeng to make it shorter. My name’s not lady, okay?”


“It’s not that hard, right?” Soo said smiling. 


Jin added something, “The atmosphere here is very nice and comforting! We’ll have so much fun!”


“Yes!” Lalisa agreed. 


“Just one week and you’ll enjoy it here!” Chaeyoung said smiling sweetly. 


Jungkook looked at them. They were all looking at him with hopeful smiles. 


Then he decided that made them all burst in happiness. 


“Okay. One week” 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx