One

Love on the Brain

Love on the Brain


I have this dream but I can’t remember it anymore because of the sunrays hitting my face, the soft chirp of the birds from outside my window and the seriously annoying ringing of my alarm reminding me that I have a client to meet. 


I slowly opened up my eyes and contemplate about my dream again. I got up from my bed and sit at the side. I gently scratch my eyes to waken myself up once more. I can’t remember my dream but I know it’s actually a good dream that I feel light and easy today. I’m not usually like this but whatever that dream is, its really good.


I went on my way to the bathroom to prepare myself to meet the client. After showering, I went straight to my closet and put on my business attire. I have to look formal and trustworthy if I want to get the project. My messy hair is now properly combed, showing the entirety of my face. 


“Yah! Jeon Jungkook! Are you done? Come downstairs first, we will have our breakfast!” My sibling shouted with her whole lungs.


I am Jeon Jungkook, an Architect from this small city of Busan. I live with my dad and my two siblings. Well, half-siblings to be exact but we don’t see each other that way. 


Before my noona could do a second round of shouting, I went on my way downstairs to have breakfast with my little family. 


“Wah, our baby is already a man now!” My dad said as he looks at me with his teary eyes. Huh?


My dad works as a Judge, but he’s planning on retiring this year cause he wants to spend time with us. 


My family sure is very supportive to me. As if the compliment wasn’t enough, Namjoon suddenly gave his comment, “Yah Kookie, if ever your client is a girl, she’ll surely fall for you! You sure looks good in suit! I hope you wear other colour too other than black or white” Namjoon said as he cut down his pancake and ate it while smiling and looking at me!


My brother Namjoon works as a Producer in Big Hit. He has been there for years and produced many popular songs for the company, especially for their world-class artists. Namjoon-hyung was so happy that dad actually allowed him to pursue what he wants. Our dad is just very supportive of us that’s why we’re so blessed to have him. Hyung is very smart, that he always topped his class even without studying. But, anything that he touches, would break easily that is why his friends calls him the “God of Destruction”. Even in BigHit. 


Suddenly, I felt a pat on my shoulder. It was Jennie. The unica hija of the family. She is, well, the black sheep of the family but in a good way. Jennie-noona has this y attitude but noona is actually a softie. She’s like a cat, she is actually funny and very caring that’s why I love her. 


“Kookie, sit down and eat. You wouldn’t want to be late for your new client, right? Eat now and I’ll be on my way to the University” Noona said as she remove her apron, revealing her white uniform. 


“Going already, noona?” I asked


“Yeah, Irene will be here in a minute so I have to get going. Eat, Kookie. Oppa! Be careful on your way to the Ent. You too, Dad. I’ll see you guys later” She said as she consume her milk. She then put on her backpack and ran. 


Noona is still studying. She wants to be a Psychiatrist so she can help someone. She wanted to help mom because she had schizophrenia but it was all too late cause mom died. So noona is trying her best to be a Psychiatrist so it won’t happen anymore. 


“Well, I’ll be on my way too. Bye Dad, Kookie” 


“Okay hyung, be careful” I said as I munched my breakfast. 


“Where will you meet the client, Kookie?” Dad asked as he read the newspaper.


I cleared my throat and answer him, “At the coffee shop near the University”


I continued to eat the pancakes noona cooked.

 

Noona really is the best cook in the family. 


“Will you be fine driving on your own? I can drive you to the shop if you want" Dad offered as he close down the newspaper. 


I answered him, “No need, dad. I’ll be good. You should be on your way too. I know you have a hearing today so you should go”


“Alright, make sure to put all the plates at the sink. I’ll get going. Be careful on the road”


He then went his way to his office. 


Now that everybody is gone, I suddenly remember my dream again. It made me smile. It was indeed really a good dream. 


I cleaned up all the plates and went on my way to the coffee shop to meet my first clients. It’s still early but it’s better than being late.


Today’s weather is actually good. The skies were clear and the sun’s not too hot. A good day for driving down. The trees I pass by are dancing with the wind, letting out some leaves to rain down. I decided to turn off the air condition and roll down the windows. I played one of the songs Namjoon-hyung produce with their artists. The song is called Spring Day and it’s perfect for the weather.
I arrived at the location in no time. I went straight to the shop to order some drinks for me and the client.


“Here’s your order, sir! Enjoy your drinks!” The lady barista said. 


I just smiled at her and went to my table when suddenly a girl bumped at me spilling one of the drinks to my attire. 


“Oh my god! I’m so sorry! Oh my god!” The girl kept on apologizing while wiping the stain out of my attire.


“What the hell!, Miss, watch where you are going!” I said with a bit anger on my voice. I want to look presentable for my client and this happened? Unbelievable. 


“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry mister! I’m really sorry!” She said as she was about to cry then a guy taller than her came. 


“What happend, Soo?” The guy asked.


“I spilled the coffee on his suit, babe. Do you have an extra suit in your trunk?” Wow. I felt bad being angry now. 


“Yes, I have. Wait for me here” The guy then ran to get the suit. 


“I’m really sorry, Mister- what was your name?” The girl asked. This girl is actually pretty. I suddenly found myself staring at her for a brief moment before answering. 


I gulped and answered, “Uhm, Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook”.


“Well, Mister Jeon Jungkook, I’m sorry for what happened. I’m Ji-“ we were suddenly interrupted when the guy came back with the suit and a news. 


“I’m sorry but is that your car right there?” We all look outside and saw my car and a lady standing beside it, panicking. 


“Okay, what just happened?”


“Apparently, she accidently scratched your car with hers”


“What the fck!” After cussing, I ran towards my car.That car is new! Hyung will kill me for this!


“What the hell, miss?! Do you know how to drive?! Look what happened!” I yelled at her but the girl didn’t even faced me. All I can see is her strawberry blonde hair. She seemed like looking for something in her handbag. 


“Hey, Miss! What will you do with my car?! You fcking scratched it! Hey answer m-“ 


The girl suddenly faced me and I saw her worried and scared eyes. 


“Mister, I’m so sorry but here’s my call card. Contact me anytime, anywhere not just now please. I’m so so sorry but I have to go” She then ran towards her car and drove off fast. 


“Wow, that went fast” The guy commented. “By the way, here’s the suit. After you use this, just leave it here at the shop. The owner will take care of it”


“I’m so sorry again, Mister Jeon”. The lady apologized again


“We’ll be on our way, too. My wife has to go for her check up. Bye”


I actually didn’t mind them anymore and stared at my scratched car. Wow, what a day this is. How unlucky of me. 


Instead of being angry today, I calmed myself for a good five minutes and decided to change my clothes and wait for my client. 


I was washing my hands when a guy came up to me. 


“I’m sorry Mister but can I use your phone? I just have to call someone and my phone’s dead. It’s urgent” The guy asked. Panicking.


“Yeah sure. Here” Then I gave him my phone. 
I just stood there waiting for him to finish his call but I can’t help myself not to hear what they are talking about. 


“Yah, Chaeyoung! Why didn’t you come here?! I don’t have my car with me stupid girl!”


“Aish! Just because you’re friends with Lisa? Aigoooo. Arasso. I’ll just tell her that. Bye”


The guy then gave me my phone back. “Thanks man, that was a great help. My sister just left me here with nothing. Anyway, thanks again!” 


I went back to my chair and wait for the client. But it seems like the client’s not coming. 


30 minutes passed  


1 hour passed


It seems like the client’s not really coming. 


I suddenly received a message from my secretary. 


Mister Jeon, the client suddenly has an emergency. She can’t come to meet you today and told me to resched the meeting at your most convenient time”
Wow, I really am unlucky today.


I chose not to reply to her and be on my way to the firm. 


This day seriously is a rough day to me. 


I changed my clothes again so I’ll be able to return this suit to the owner again.


I went to the counter to look for the owner of this shop. The barista then led me to an office and a guy greeted me. They talked about my business here and instructed the barista to go back to her work.

He then went out and came back after 5 minutes or so. 


“She’ll be here in a minute, sir. Please take your seat.” The guy said. 


A tall girl with bangs came in. 


“Uhm, the guy told me to just leave this to you” I said as I gave her the suit. 


“Ah yes, Jin-oppa told me” 


After I gave it, iI bid my farewell and decided to just go home and sleep. 

 

Wow, a lot really had happened this day. 


Now, I have to prepare my ears for a loooooong discussion with Namjoon-hyung. 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Ayow, ladies and gentlemen. This is my first story so bear with me please. Hehehehehe
I'm icewitch and please enjoy!  Feel free to subscribe and comment to my story. It’ll be a great help for me  감사합니다