e i g h t // p o w e r

The Kitten I Brought Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jisoo, win."

Everyone cheered. Jisoo's first opponent didn't give her a hard time and she skillfully gained a hanpan in less than a minute. Over on the other side, Jonghwa dived under with such speed that his opponent wasn't able to counter and ended up winning with a full point as well.

"Wonwoo. Go warm up," instructed Jonghyun. (A/N: Just in case you have really no idea, this is C.N Blue's leader Lee Jonghyun, who has Judo experience.)

"네/nae," Wonwoo replied as he stood up and headed to an open area to stretch. Jonghyun was a alumni who regularly came back to train them and he's apparently a childhood friend of Jisoo. He has been on the national team for two years already.

Soonyoung was already in the midst of warming up his body because his match was a round before Wonwoo's. Even so, because of the nature of the matches, where a match can finish as quickly as 30 seconds and take longer than five minutes, if they go into an overtime, Wonwoo's scheduled match was being pushed up slightly earlier.

"Soonyoung ah! Time to line up!" Jiyeon called out to him as she approached them. Turning to Wonwoo, she said, "you should line up soon too."

Nodding his head, he did a few tuck jumps and some grappling exercises, trying to simulate how he'd grab his opponent by the collar and execute skills on him. Fixing his uniform, he nervously made his way to the seats to wait for his match.

As he was about to sit down, he heard someone whisper his name. Spinning round to the voice's direction, he saw a perspiring Jisoo stretching out her fist. "Hwaiting!" she mouthed. Wonwoo raised his own fist and bumped hers, albeit in the air.

Taking a seat, he sat upright to catch a glimpse of Soonyoung. The said boy wasn't having that much of an easy match as his opponent was a lot more experienced than him. Despite that, he was putting up an amazing strong fight and as his nature is, he wasn't going to give up without doing his best. Wonwoo smiled and thought with resolve, "you can do it, Soonyoung ah."

"Jeon Wonwoo ssi."

Uwah, it's my turn. Standing up, he dried his clammy hands on his thighs and tugged at his uniform, ensuring it was neat and presentable. The walk to his spot was so nerve-wrecking he was beginning to tremble.

Balling his fists, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. As he slowly released it, Wonwoo relaxed his hands and opened his eyes. Firmly looking at his opponent on the other side of the zone, he told himself, "Wonwoo ah, you're strong. Let's do our best and have fun."

Bowing, he stepped into the zone and bowed one more time to his opponent.

시작이다/It's the start.

//

Wonwoo was panting hard. He felt he was about to lose his vision and that his legs were about to give way. All that competition jitters slowly crept in on him throughout his match and he felt his stomach churning within.

He was bent over o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter