s e v e n // s t r e n g t h

The Kitten I Brought Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amidst the cheers and shouts that filled the room, two individuals were heavily panting and shuffling across the mats, looking out for an opening to attack. For most of the time, it seemed as if Wonwoo had the advantage because of his height but the agile Jonghwa always managed to free himself from Wonwoo's firm grasp.

Suddenly, Wonwoo, who had his hands tightly holding onto Jonghwa's collar, dived under and used his hip to swing Jonghwa over, throwing him to the ground. It would be a full point if Jonghwa landed on his back.

But because of his insane flexibility, Jonghwa easily twisted his back, avoiding the loss of the point. Quickly regaining his stance, he attempted the same skill on Wonwoo, who didn't have enough time to react and ended up being the one on the mat.

"Hanpan. Jonghwa, win." (A/N: Hanpan means one point, the scoring system in Judo. You can either score a quarter, half or full point. And it is a full point to win.)

"Argh," Wonwoo exclaimed. "I almost had it!"

"It's okay hyung! You really gave Jonghwa ssaem a hard time!"

Wonwoo grinned at the encouragement from the other students as they ran over to sing him praises and give him hugs. It has been six months since he started training here at Jisoo's father's dojo.

Jonghwa nodded as Jisoo walked towards them. "He should be ready."

She playfully flipped her ponytail and shrugged with sass, "what did I tell you?" Pausing to watch as the students piled up on Wonwoo, she continued softly, "the little kitty's going to be a tiger soon."

Jonghwa gave a light pat on her shoulder and smiled.

"Jeon Wonwoo."

The laughter died as all attention diverted to Jisoo. Confused, Wonwoo stood up from the crowd as he set one kid down and ruffled his hair. Jisoo hardly called him by his full name so it was quite unusual and a little scary.

Furthermore, the serious expression on Jisoo's face didn't help either. She had her hands behind her back and her gaze fixed intently on Wonwoo. Wondering if he did something wrong, Wonwoo stood meekly in front of her with his hands behind his back, the respectful way as he would during training.

"Jeon Wonwoo," Jisoo said in a serious tone before pulling out a piece of paper from behind and extended it in front of him. Breaking into a smile, she peeked from behind the paper and said, "you're up for the inter-high competition!"

Wonwoo didn't register the news until the dojo resounded with joy. "Wah! Hyung, you're going to compete!" "It's going to be great!" "At last!" Glancing over at Jisoo and Jonghwa, Wonwoo scrunched his nose, the corner of his eyes crinkled, and he broke into a wide smile.

//

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter