t h r e e // r e a l i s a t i o n

The Kitten I Brought Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shuffling under the sheets, Wonwoo groggily pushed himself up. Still sitting on his bed, he rotated his right shoulder back and then forward. It was a week since the incident and the pain had subsided a great deal.

He took his own time to get out of his pajamas. He then pulled on his pants and slipped on his shirt. Buttoning it, he draped his tie around his neck and fastened it neatly. Fixing his spectacles, he slung his bag over his shoulders and headed to the front door. (He made sure to arm himself with the book he had recently been reading.) As he pulled and did his laces, he wondered aloud, "will I see (her/them) today?"

Closing the door behind him, Wonwoo made his way to school.

As he strolled along the familiar route, he noted that it was a little weird as to why he hadn't seen Jisoo or Jonghwa in school. Despite the fact that he had to miss school for two days because of the severity of his injuries (he had struggled so hard to get up the first morning because of his swollen shoulder), he did not bump into either of them the next two days.

He could have gone to the dojo but Jisoo had sternly warned him to recover before coming back. Even so, how is it that I don't see them in school at all?

Wonwoo must have been deep in thought for before he knew it, he had reached the school gates. Glancing at his wristwatch, which read the time as six fifty, he decided to head to his classroom first. On usual days, he would reach school barely on time because he did not want to stay in a classroom full of noise and annoying chatter. Today though, he found himself a lot earlier for some reason.

Entering his homeroom, Wonwoo slumped into his seat and at the same time, slid off his bag to hook it to the side of the table. He plugged in his earpiece, opened his book and continued from where he left off.

A while later, the school bell rang, signalling the students to gather at the school hall for it was a Monday, the day they had to all be in one place. Closing his book, he carefully shoved it under his desk and got up. Together with other students, he made his way down.

//

Wonwoo did not fancy morning assemblies. He didn't see much point in them. It was filled with people talking and students who weren't listening; the principal would address some issues, some teachers will talk about other issues and so on.

By the time the teachers finished spewing their information out, majority of the students were distracted and chattering amongst themselves during which, Wonwoo had simply been sitting low in his seat and playing with th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter