s i x // g r o w t h

The Kitten I Brought Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Striking a large 'X' on the piece of paper stuck on the wall, Wonwoo capped the marker and beamed proudly at it. It was the last day of his daily training schedule for the month. Looking at the other pieces of paper preceding the latest one, he realised how much he had been through and how much stronger he had grown.

Jisoo had been giving him a schedule each month, keeping some basic exercise while including higher difficulty ones. His body was now used to the intensity, having gained the necessary muscles and the perseverance over time.

He had also been learning new things every training, which was thrice a week – Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

The first skill he'd learnt was the most basic thing in Judo, which is learning how to fall, also known as nakbeob. Those few days were basically him being thrown over and over again till he just wanted to lay down and not get up.

He's now at a stage where he was regularly practising sparring with other students who though younger, have had more experience than him. Occasionally, he'd spar with Soonyoung and Jonghwa though they'd usually give him a handicap, especially Jonghwa, who had been training since he was small.

Whamp.

"Time's up!"

"Argh, I couldn't steal a point again," Wonwoo complained as he collapsed on the mats and sprawled himself out. Panting heavily, he messed his hair in frustration.

Chuckling, Jonghwa undid his uniform as he sweetly assured, "it's okay, you've been improving a lot considering it has only been four months." (A/N: Really had to add that 'undid his unform' portion because Jota seriously does that allllllll the time during the Judo series on Cool Kiz on the Block. But yes, he has the bod for it.)

Wonwoo shook his head. "I've still got a long way."

"Striving for better is good but you should take pride in your growth as well," a voice said which Wonwoo recognised was Jisoo's.

He looked over and saw her standing by the entrance. She was still in her school uniform and had to give training a miss because of some class responsibilities (which she was complaining about during lunch and he had thought the way she whined was adorable).

A towel landed on Wonwoo's head as he sat up and he heard Soonyoung agree, "that's right. You're a really fast learner. I wasn't this good in just four months."

Thanking his friend for the towel, he wiped his face and neck, still feeling upset that he couldn't steal even half a point from Jonghwa.

"Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter