t w o // d e c i s i o n

The Kitten I Brought Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo lagged behind her. He wasn't sure why he was following her. Was it out of fear? Or maybe it was out of curiosity. He simply found his feet walking in step with her, albeit a metre behind. Where are we going?

Taking a look around, he found himself in a place rather unfamiliar. He had not been to this street although he recognised its name. It was pretty near his school grounds. To be exact, it was just a street behind. But since home was in the opposite direction, he never had any reason to pass by the area.

They finally reached a building that was charming – it was slightly rundown but the carefully crafted details on each pillar and beam had aged so beautifully that it could stand proud between the other hard, towering modern blocks. Noticing there wasn't a signboard, Wonwoo curiously wondered what was behind those doors.

She pulled the wooden door open, the rolling sound produced from the contact with its tracks was so soothing it induced goosebumps on his arms. She stepped in and took off her shoes, placing them into one of the wooden cubbie holes. Turning behind, she gestured him to do the same, which Wonwoo abided and did as so.

Upon stepping into the premises, the smell of aged wood mixed with rubber and sweat overwhelmed Wonwoo's senses. It wasn't necessarily a bad smell but it was kind of new to him – as you would have guessed, he wasn't much into sports or exercise.

She abruptly turned left, causing Wonwoo to fumble and turn along after her. They were met with a boy about their age who wasn't very much taller than her and was looking very fit (and good) in his uniform that Wonwoo recognised to be that of the art Judo.

"Where did you go again?" he asked in a tone that Wonwoo inferred her disappearance wasn't anything new, though there was a little frustration laced into it.

"Nappp," she dragged her reply, stopping by a row of lockers. She first headed to one and took out a white uniform out, and Wonwoo assumed it was hers. She then began opening a few others, in search of something.

Her friend then walked to one and opened it, taking out a set of gym clothes which he handed to her, "mine would be too short, this should do." Looking at Wonwoo, he asked while staring at him, "who's he anyway?"

Walking past him to the another smaller room, she answered, "just a little kitty I picked up."

Wonwoo stood rooted to where he was, unsure if he was to respond to that claim. She continued while still facing forward, "who'll become a fierce tiger soon enough."

Still frozen in place, he was snapped back to his senses when she popped her head out from the room asking, "aren't you gonna come here?" And just like a little kitty she said he was, he shuffled to the room upon being called.

When he entered the room, he realised it was a changing room of sorts. She lightly threw the gym clothes on the bench that was positioned in the centre of the small room.

"Get changed, and leave your top off."

Wonwoo didn't move.

She chuckled, a little harder than he had seen before as some crinkles appeared at the corner of her eyes, "we've got some wounds to treat, don't we?"

He nodded and she left the room. Punching his own thigh, he felt dumb for thinking that she wanted him to undress there and then for some weird reason. Although she does seem scary, I'm sure she isn't that kind of person.

Wonwoo loosened his tie and began ing his uniform. He took off his belt and slipped off his pants. Pulling on the dark blue gym pants, he realised the length was just right for his height. Thinking back, he agreed that he wouldn't be able to fit into the other guy's clothes because he was quite much taller.

A g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter