n i n e // s t r o n g e r

The Kitten I Brought Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the sounds of shuffling feet echoed through the halls, there were small bursts of laughter in between. Everyone had left the dojo except for these two individual scuffling on the mats.

"Yah, aren't you going to go easy on me?"

"Nope, I won't."

"I'm way lighter than you!"

"So what?"

A grunt and a thud was heard as one of them finally gained control and tossed the other over.

"I should've known if you were going to be this strong," Jisoo pouted as she frowned at Wonwoo, who was still hovering over her after slamming her down on the mat.

Chuckling, he teasingly replied, "well, it's a farewell gift so I've got to put up a fair fight right?"

Jisoo rolled her eyes. She kept her annoyed expression and asked, "aren't you gonna get off?"

"I don't wanna." Breaking into a cheeky grin, Wonwoo asked in return, "you want to go for a round of nureugi? (A/N: 누르기/nureugi literally means 'pressure' and is a technique of holding a person down. If the one being held down can free himself/herself in 20 seconds, there is no point gained or lost.)

"You wanna die?"

Laughing, Wonwoo got up and raised his hands in the air, "no, I don't wanna die."

Helping her up, they sat down in silence, only sounds of their heavy breathing could be heard. Glancing over at her, Wonwoo finally broke the silence with a soft chuckle, "seems like the first time we met."

Jisoo looked at him questioningly, unsure of what he meant.

Combing his fingers through his wet hair (because of his sweat), he continued, "the day you fought the guys who were picking on me, you didn't say anything and simply pulled me up. Don't you remember?"

Frowning, Jisoo tried hard to recall. "I didn't say anything? I should have..."

"You sure didn't! Do you know how frightened I was?"

The genuinely confused expression on Jisoo's face confirmed that she had absolutely no idea. "I only remember you were pretty battered." After a while, she continued, "and that the person I trashed was that arrogant U-21 martial arts guy. What was his name again?"

Bursting out in a huge laughter, Wonwoo rolled over hugging his stomach. Ever since knowing her, the strict, firm and fierce image that she had had slowly been destroyed. Never would he have known in the beginning that she was hilarious, dorky and deep down, a girl at heart. She was always mature despite having random outburst of childishness.

"But I guess I really wasn't wrong about you."

Wonwoo stopped laughing and watched her tilt her head to align her line of sight with him (for he was still lying on the floor).

"You've grown so much since. From that little bruised kitten to a proud, strong tiger."

Wonwoo saw in Jisoo's eyes a lovely and kind emotion, somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter