f i v e // w a r m t h

The Kitten I Brought Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So how was your first training?"

Wonwoo opened his eyes and saw a blur Soonyoung hovering over him (for he wasn't wearing his glasses). He had been lying on the ground as all his energy had been squeezed out through the intensive three-hour session in which Jisoo had heartlessly grilled him dry. Glancing over to her who was saying goodbye to her students with a smile, he turned back and answered while shaking his head, "absolutely crazy."

Soonyoung chuckled and plopped down beside him. Wiping the sweat off his face with a towel, he kindly assured, "it only gets better, no worries."

He closed his eyes and nodded, hoping that it would be true.

"Wonwoo ah." He heard the flapping of paper being handled and looked to his right to see Jisoo handing him a sheet of paper. Pushing himself up, he reached out and took it.

'Training Schedule' it read. It was a grid of the week for a month and different boxes had various exercises ranging from sit-ups to push-ups to handstands and more. Raising his eyebrows, he wondered if he could have the discipline to do the exercises daily.

"Ah, the most important part," Jisoo interrupted his thoughts and pointed to the line below the title which read 'Goal: Little Kitty to Little Cat'. Confused, he looked at her questioningly.

With a small smile, she said, "you have to take things step by step, don't you?"

Wonwoo turned back to the paper and felt strength building up inside – not so much of a physical one but that of a growing confidence and desire. That's right. I can do this.

"But why the kitten and cat reference?" asked Soonyoung, who didn't know anything.

Jisoo simply chuckled and walked away, leaving Soonyoung hanging. "Let's tidy up!"

Soonyoung looked expectantly at Wonwoo, hoping for an answer to which he only received a shrug for a reply as the tired boy got up to help clean the gym.

//

A wooden sliding door rolled open and the bells on it clinked a welcoming melody. "Halmeoni, we're here!"

Wonwoo stepped in and saw a lovely lady with a head almost full of white hair except for a few locks of black peeking out of her loose bun. She had the kindest smile with gentle wrinkles at the corner of her eyes.

She spotted Wonwoo and broke into a large smile, "I see that the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter