Guilt

Patience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'I just can't seem to move on,' Was the thought that kept repeating in Momo's mind

No matter how many hours she spent with Dahyun, slept in each other's arms every chance they had, the many dates they went to, none of them seem to work. No, it's not that Momo doesn't like Dahyun, not at all, she gave her all the affection she had in store but Mina still holds that special place in her that nobody can ever take. Dahyun is special for Momo, she's been a huge help whenever she needed the younger but Mina just seems to appear in her mind whenever they're together and Momo felt terrible.

And Dahyun knows that, she knows how much Momo still loves Mina, how she's unable to change her mind despite all the effort she's been putting. She knows, yet she hides it all with a smile along with the phrases: "It's okay, I understand," "I'll try harder don't worry unnie, I can wait," or "I came up with this idea so don't feel guilty, it's not your fault."

Even if she's hurt to know that she can never replace Mina, she still continues with the suggestion, to reassure herself that Momo will be hers one day just like how she's been Momo's from the very start. Though she wonders what she lacks because she did everything just for Momo to return it and sure, Momo does return her favour but it's not enough to convince the younger.

All Momo could ever think about behind all the cutesy, cliched dates they've went to, was Mina. The fact that she used to do all these with Mina wasn't helping, no matter how much she wants to move on because it's unhealthy for her to cling onto the past and what they were before. But there's that nagging voice inside her head, telling her that she still has hope for the old Mina to come back, to come back in her arms just like what she promised before the younger went on her lengthy vacation. Is it selfish for Momo to wish for Mina and Sana to break up just to be with Mina even if she has Dahyun already? Now she hates herself even more for that, she even promised to take care of Dahyun, to try her best not that she wasn't but what if the two did break up, she can't just throw Dahyun aside and go to Mina. She's not that heartless.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Was what stopped Momo from her dazed state as Dahyun grabbed the remote control to pause the movie they were watching, placing the bowl of popcorn aside. Dahyun already knows what the latter has in mind but she still opt to ask. They were in Momo's cozy living room with a cozy blanket draped over their body along with the body heat they shared.

Momo shook her head, "Nothing relevant," but the younger didn't seem to buy it. "Really, it's nothing important, Hyunie." Dahyun wasn't satisfied with the answer so she continued to urge Momo to spill everything. "Unnie didn't we promise to be honest with each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter