Chapter 1

๐•ฌ ๐–‚๐–Ž๐–˜๐– ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–’๐–Š ๐•ฟ๐–—๐–š๐–Š
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Alright girls! Have everything ready?"

"Yes!" We responded in unison to Irene's answer. Our mission was to explore the north part of the forest I used to live next to. Who knew it was "haunted" but hey. We each had a post. I was to explore the abandoned house at the edge of the forest. With Wendy-Unnie of course, since I am terrified of ghosts and demons. And Wendy isn't really athletic, so we are a pair. Said by our leader, Irene.

"I-I don't like this. I can hear someone cry!"

"Come onย Yeri, if we don't do this we won't hear the end of it from the scary bunny." I sighed, we went into the house.

"I. Hate. This..." I could still hear the young girl cry.

"Well, it's not so bad." I kept walking down the hall. The dark, old, torn down, hall. A hall that might be full of ghosts, full of demons, full of chances to lose my heart in a heart attack. "W-Wendy! Where are you!" I turned around, hoping Wendy would be behind me. All I saw was my own shadow to the dim light. "WENDY! Don't leave me alone!" Where is she? Did she die? Did I die? Did she get lost? Or did I got lost? Where did she go? Am I alone? "Wendy!" I ran into an old room. A metal bed frame. The mattress was on the floor. Broken vases, wooden wardrobes that are slowly chipping away. Broken floor-boards, a shattered window, and a knocked down chair in the middle of the room. A foul stench of old, rotting, and horrid wood and fungus filled the room. However, the only good thing about the room was the golden lamp hidden in the corner. Is it haunted? New? Old? Does it have a ghost in it? Will it haunt me if I touch it? How come it looks new? What if it attacks me? Is it crying? I can hear it crying. Is it possessed? Can it read my thoughts? Don't be ridiculous! It's just a lamp! Not a demon, or ghost, or a ghoul. What if it's a demon pretending to be a shiny, golden, and unique lamp? Could that explain why it' looks new? Maybe I should take it with me? Should I show it to Joohyun-Unnie? Should I show it to Seungwan-Unnie? Or maybe I should keep it a secret?

I went to the corner that the golden lamp was in. The sobs had gotten quieter as I walked towards it. Andย it was the only area the fungus didn't reach. It had a unique floral design, the leaves were painted green, and the flowers were a rosy-red. "I think I'll keep this for myself." I reached for my satchel that we are to carry and placed the lamp in the satchel. Reminds me of a genie lamp. Is it a genie lamp? Does it have a genie in it? Is he good? Is heย bad? Is he even a he? Is he a she? "YERIM!" I turned aroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter