Chapter 2

𝕬 𝖂𝖎𝖘𝖍 𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝕿𝖗𝖚𝖊
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"H-Hey, Sooyoung... Are you okay? You're crying."

"I am? I'll stop." I wiped her tears away with my right thumb. "You don't have to stop. Crying's natural. Whether it's from fear, sadness, or happiness." Tears kept coming down, yet, she never made one wail or sob. She just silently cried, like she was empty. "Please, do tell what's wrong?" I placed my hand on her shoulders. She spoke, "In the Genie World, there are rules to being a genie. We cannot make a wish to bring the dead, bring great powers, make people fall in love, or kill someone. And with each wish, we must take something greater. However."

"However?"

"They forgot about me. I never existed in their world. They left me a couple of centuries ago. So when a rule is broken, nothing happens. Because they don't care. So with my last three owners. I allowed them to break the rules. With all 9 wishes, I made. Nothing happened. I wasn't punished or nothing. So your wish is free and you can do anything." I stared into her deep, brown eyes. "That's not it. Why are you crying?" Why was she crying? 
"Because... Being a genie is torture! You're stuck in a lamp, waiting for someone to rub the surface, you come out grant their wishes then go back. It can take decades for someone to find you again. And you're always alone. Sometimes, I wish I could die..." This was the first I heard her sob. It was quiet. Like she doesn't allow sounds to reveal her emotions.

I heard the door knob shake. ", you have to hide. And be quiet." I whispered. She went and hid in her lamp as Seulgi came through the door. "Hey, Yerim. You cryin'?"

"N-No? You must be imagining things." I calmly said. What happens if they find out that I have a genie? Let alone a cute one? Will they study her? Use her? Use me? "Whatever, I'll be in my chambers, sleeping, if you need anything."

"Okay, Seulgi-Unnie!" She left. "Okay, Sooyoung, you can come out. She's gone." The mystical pink fog came out of the lamp as she materialized in front of me. Never did I noticed how well toned her body was. "Who was she?"

"Kang Seulgi, co-leader of Red Velvet."

"Red Velvet?"

"A secret organization that studies the unknown. Like genies, ghosts, and demons."

"Who's the leader then?"

"Bae Joohyun. Code name, Irene." Wait, I just told someone that Red Velvet exists! ! Am I going t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter