Chapter 5

๐•ฌ ๐–‚๐–Ž๐–˜๐– ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–’๐–Š ๐•ฟ๐–—๐–š๐–Š
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She's joking. Right?ย Does she mean what I think she means? No. No. No. We've only been together for at least a week. What if I answer something stupid? What if I say something that offends her? What if she means something else and I gave a totally different answer? "So?"

"I.. Um... I think... I..." The words couldn't come out correctly. Like she was a cat that caught my tongue to play with, stealing the words and discarding them. "How about we go for a stroll in the really creepy, and spooky forest?"ย  I honestly regretted my words. I. Hated. That. Forest. Period...

ย 

"Look at the trees, they're so barren!" 'Tis a cold day in winter. I wore a jacket, a coat, a fluffy scarf, gloves, 2 layers of pants, and boots to feel warm out in the icy land. Granted, the twas not deep, however the wind said otherwise. Like the arctic gave a piece of them to our forest, which felt really. Unnatural. "Yes. They are barren."

"So are the pine and aspen trees."

"Yes yes. No lea- Wait? Pines aren't supposed lose their leaves in the winter." Looking over, I saw the bare branches of where the pine tree is supposed to be. Grabbing Sooyoung's wrist, I dragged her back to the hatchet. "H-Hey! What are you doing!"

"I must report this! Irene gave me the order to tell her if anything weird happens! Pine trees are no supposed to lose all their needles and the forest cannot get this cold! Plus I rather not have you be contained in a chamber."

"What?" The hatch was dead cold. The metal was stuck. But a couple of minutes ago it wasn't frozen shut! Thin fog surrounded our area. Giving a chilling presence. No pun intended. " Quick! Sooyoung! Help me open the door!" We both tried our best to open the hatch. My muscles strained, like they were being pulled apart. The small strands of muscle being stretched. "WENDY! SEULGI! IRENE! HELP!" I banged and banged on the cold iron metal of the hatch. Hoping and praying that they would hear my pounding fist on the rusty metal. But, the more we tried, the more ice covers the hatch. We both stopped. It's just us. Is it a ghost? What do I do? I haven't dealt with this before! What would Wendy do? She'd analyze the situation. But I'm no good at analyzing! What would Seulgi do? Go attack it at first glance. I don't see it though. What would Irene do? She'd command us to do something after Wendy analyze the problem and then Seulgi would go for it and slice and or capture the thing. But I don't have anything to capture the spirits! I don't know how to! I always coward behind something if it's a ghost. I'd rethink everything over and over again.

ย 

Analyze the situation. Thin misty fog is surrounding us. The temperature is dropping. Snow is falling at an unusual rate. The forecast said it would be 39ยฐ outside and it would be cloudy, no blizzard or snow was present. Howeverย it felt colder. Joy is looking North, where the wind is blowing in our face. So the problem is North. No ghost can be capable of committing this unnatural event, so this is either a demon or a deity. However, in Korean Mythology and Folklore snow demons and spirits are not mentioned. Nor spoken of. The only snow demon that can be thought of at this moment is. "A Yuki-Onna." Sooyoung calmly spoke. Yuki-Onna, a Japanese spirit or Yลkai to be exact. None should be present in Jeju Island. At least, none that I know of.

ย 

Take Control. Looking around. I told Sooyoung to explain what she knows. "She's a Yuki-Onna, yes, however."

"She has dark brown hair instead. Short hair. Tanner skin. About 162cm. Instead of a kimonoย  she's in denim shorts and a white long sleeved shirt." The ? Why would someone be in that attire? Even for a Yuki-Onna they should be freezing right now. "I mean, you're right. I am a Yuki-Onna. However, I am very different from your normal Yuki-Onna. unlike them, I have a future ahead of me instead of freezing soon-to-be corpses. But no need to go commando on me. I'm a... Friend or a comrade." The whole point of Red Velvet is to explore the supernatural, even if it means hunting for ghost. But never said can or can't harm something supernatural. "Tell me! Who are you! And unfreeze the hatch!" I shouted, "Fine." The hatch thawed. The mist diluted in the air. The temperature rose.

ย 

Attack. I slowly started to remove my gloves to reveal the prototype Wendy made for me. X59.

ย 

Rethink. The mist clear even more. The figure of a women was visible. Should I attack her? Or should I trust her? Is she trustable? I only stood. "Hey, mind if I see Irene? I need to talk to her."

"Answer my question first."

"How come the pine trees are missing their needles?" I pointed to one. "Yeah, umm. Nayeon was testing something and it ended up removed the needles of the pine trees." The mist fully cleared. It was the famous idol. Park Jihyo. Leader of TWICE. A Yuki-Onna. How is she aย Yลkai? Isn't she Korean? Is it possible to ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter