Prologue

๐•ฌ ๐–‚๐–Ž๐–˜๐– ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–’๐–Š ๐•ฟ๐–—๐–š๐–Š
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: This will always be in Yeri's POV

Oh ! Oh ! Oh ! What the is chasing me! I ran as fast as I could away from the, thing. It was a black cloud, shrouding crimson red eyes. Even if I'm going crazy, no way in hell I'm letting that get near me! "WHAT THE DO I DO!" I panicked. I was a good, like 20 meters away from the thing. But all I saw were shadows of trees, twigs on the ground, and my footprints with large gaps between them. I kept running passed the bushes and the bland rocks. Until, I tripped on this goddamn trapdoor. Wait... It's a trapdoor. I swiftly opened the trapdoor and jumped down. Hoping to hide. But what I found, were four girls in black cloaks and satchels. Who were they? Are they a cult? Killers?ย "I... it! You gotta help me! I'm being chased by this, this, THING! It's a black cloud ghost, demon, monster and I don't know if I'm going crazy or NOT!" I grabbed the tallest girl's cloak and begged for their assistance. Their eyes lit up.ย ย A girl steppedย out and held my shoulders. "Stay here." She sternly said, as I watched them climb out.

Minutes had passed, and I cowarded in the corner. Praying for my safety. What if they die? What if that thing comes and possesses me? What if that thing haunts me? What if that thing kills me? What if tha- I heard the trapdoor open. Out of instinct, I grabbed a wooden chair and tried to hide behind it. "Hey, we took care of the demon chasing you." They came back, "You don't have to hide behind that chair."

"I... T-Thank you." I bowed, "But..." But? Are they going to kill me? Force me to kill someone? Make a deal? "But?"

"You barged into our base for our help, and know that this exist. We need you to join us. We do need extra members." She took off her hood. She was beautiful.

"I... W-What is this?"

"We are Red Velvet, a secret organization who studies the paranormal." The paranormal! I hate ghosts! "Can I not join?"

"Nope, it's us, or hell. Choose." THEY ARE GOING TO KILL ME! She held out two very sharp daggers. "Alright! Please don't kill me!"

"Good, now to make sure. If you tell any human being about us. I will MURDER YOU! And feed your eyes to the chickens." I felt a lump in my throat. She sighed. "Introductions, I'm Bae Joohyun. But my code name is Irene. I'm the leader and the one to murder you if you tell."

"Kang Seulgi. Code Name, Seulgi. Co-Leader. And yes, my real name and code name are the same, but it was all I got."

"I am Son Seungwan. Code Name, Wendy. I'm the scientist of the group." She sounds stoic. "Now, let's talk about your name and code name." Irene said, staring at me. I felt my heart pound in terror. "I... Um... I'm K-Kim Ye-Yerim."

"Alright, code name?"

"Y-Yeri?" This is all going too fast. I was just asking for help, now I need to join a cult of some sort to stay alive! "Great, let's go find a weapon for you. Wendy you go and record her strengths and weaknesses and give her a weapon." Wendy grabbed my wrist and dragged me to a room filled with bookshelves and file cabinets. "H-Hey, slow down! This is going way too fast!" She threw me onto a chair and started to study me. "Hmm, unorganized, watchful, anxious. I say you'd make an okay scout." What?

"Maybe, this?" Wendy handed me some leather gloves. "Now wave your hands in this motion." She waved her up so her wrist would cross then quickly swung them down to her hips. I imitated her movement. Next thing I knew, there were three sharp metal claws pertruding the knuckles. "Woah."

"Advanced technology that the government haven't figured out yet. A weapon that respond to a specific motion of the wearer. And it can perfectly hide the metal claws like it's not even there."

"Erm, how do I, put them back?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter