Changes?

Bubbly Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A gift 🤧 Enjoy!

 

"Choose a topic about emotions that you will discuss in class. It does not matter if it is in Word or as a Powerpoint. Either way, you will present it in 3 days. You can go in pairs or by yourself. I will decide on who should report on the day of the presentation. Class dismissed."

 

It was lunch time, and Dahyun was fixing her binder before heading to the cafeteria with Sana. "Are you doing it by yourself, Dahyun?"

 

"Yeah, I already thought what my topic is going to be. Can you manage by yourself? I can pair with you if you have trouble presenting in front of the class." Dahyun suggested.

 

Sana smiled, "Oh no, that's okay. I also have one in my mind. Let's go?"

 

"Sure."
 

 

They were soon at their usual table. It is always consisted of teasing, laughs and bickering between them and Dahyun usually initiates it but also observing everyone when she thinks they are not looking.

 

A week had passed by. Sana was slowly getting accustomed in school and also getting closer within the group. She bickers with Momo mostly, and they laugh at the two. Dahyun just observes all of the things happening during the time that passed. But she has one problem, she is wary when Sana's around. The girl seems to be observant just as Mina and Tzuyu but she isn't sure. She is not certain if her mind is playing tricks on her, but sometimes she caught Sana's gaze on her. But when she stares back, it was as if the other girl was not doing it in the first place. She was busy with Momo during after school, their City Finals is going to happen next week, and the event will take place in their school too. Add more the school's choral concert that is going to happen in April, and the band practices that she has 3 times a week. At the least, she is thankful that her mind is busy, and her body too exhausted when she arrives at her house. It lets her not think of anything else, because if she is, irrelevant thoughts would be running on her mind again. And now she has this project that will occupy her time for the next three days.

 

She offers her food to Momo, the spoon filled with food in front of Momo's mouth, on which the older girl happily receives. Nayeon snickers at this before whining to Jeongyeon. "Jeongyeon"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Offer your food to me too."

 

"Eh? Why would I do that?"

 

"See that?" she points at Dahyun and Momo, also acquiring the attention of the whole group including the two girls that were being pointed at, their eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

 

"What?" they both asked simultaneously.

 

"See? They are being lovey-dovey to each other. Like Dahyun's a whipped girl to Momo. Feeding her with her own food."

 

"Huh? But I'm always doing this. What do you mean lovey-dovey?" She asked, tilting her head to look at Nayeon and also missing the slight blush on Momo's cheeks - Mina saw it though.

 

Nayeon scoffed, "I swear if I don't know you two at all, I'll really think that you are a couple. Why don't you two be together?"

 

Dahyun only chuckled at this, dismissing the comment but made her counter-attack to Nayeon. "Ohhh, someone's jealous. Feed her too, Jeongyeon unnie"

 

Jeongyeon huffed but did it nonetheless, now it was Nayeon's face that is red. They all laughed at this and Dahyun stick her tongue out to Nayeon's direction. The latter shakes her head at this while chuckling back, deciding to dropped her antics. They quickly had a new topic to talk about that lasted through the whole lunch period.
 


"A report huh?" Sana muttered under her breath while staring at the ceiling in her room. She got home two hours ago, took a shower and was scrolling through her phone til now.  What should I do, should I call Dahyun? No, I already turned down her offer earlier. But it's not too late is it? She clutched her phone tightly, doubting if she should accept or not. I'm not gonna call her, as far as I know, I'm also interested what her topic would be. Yes, that's why Sana.
 

"Hmm, what was my topic again?"
 


Dahyun was laying on her bed, her hands were under her head while she stared at the night sky outside of her open window. The sky is filled with only a few stars tonight. Some are bright, but there are also stars that are dim. This just shows that even heavenly bodies die after hundreds or even thousands of years of just existing. No one can notice if a star dies unless if it is popular, but the other stars that aren't well-known can be replace by another star someday and will continue to shine on anyone that knows of it. 
 

She sighed before sitting up, getting her handouts and laptop to start her homework and report. She plugs her earphones on her phone, the familiar tune playing as she starts to diligently do her work.
 


The next day, Dahyun was yawning on her way to her locker. She was caught off-guard when someone suddenly slings their arm around her neck - probably going to do a head lock-  but what did she do? She elbowed the culprit hard and heard them yelp. "Ow! That hurts, Dahyun!"
 

 

"Sana?" she turns to see a pained Sana clutching her stomach where Dahyun's elbow hit.

 

"O my god! I'm so sorry! I can be easily surprised that's why no one scares me. Do you want to go to the infirmary? I think that would leave a bruise."

 

Sana laughed "No that's okay. It's my fault, shouldn't have scared you in the first place. I'm sorry."

 

"Don't sweat it, just tell me if it still hurts."

 

"Yeah, so did you started your presentation already?"

 

"Yes! I'm halfway already, I think. I was supposed to finish it yesterday but it was late already and I have to wake up early. How about you?"

 

"I'm done already, but maybe I'll do a few revisions."

 

"That's awesome." Dahyun yawned again.

 

"You should take a nap even for only a few minutes. Since it's still early, come with me." Sana stated.

 

"Okay. Let me put my things and gather my binder then."
 

 

When she was done, Sana grasped her wrist, practically dragging her to what she thinks is the direction to the rooftop. "Why are we here?"

 

"It's silent here, and good thing it is not windy today. You can take a nap here."

 

"Where?"

 

"There" Sana pointed at a bench that is against the wall. She dragged Dahyun again, "Sit"

 

"Okay?" Sana sat down on the bench too, while Dahyun hesitantly sit.

 

"Place your head on my lap, Dahyun."

 

"What?"

 

"Just do it."

 

"So bossy" Da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter