A new student?

Bubbly Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Did you know? There will be a new transferee coming."

"Coming from where?"

"They said she's from Japan."

"But it's finals this week, is she going to take the exams?"

"I heard that she took it already on Japan, so I speculate that she's coming at the first day of the second semester."

 

That is the only few things that she heard from her friends while they were talking on their table. It was finals this week and she had been scanning her past notes for any details that she had missed while she was reviewing at her house. She pretended to be interested in their topic by butting in (as always), "Is she pretty?"

 

The whole group stopped their chatterings when they heard this, it was unusual for Kim Dahyun to be interested in anything - let alone anyone - besides if it's about her friends. "So, The Kim Dahyun is now interested in someone. What happened to 'study first ' Dubu?" Nayeon snickered.

 

Dahyun playfully rolls her eyes at the comment, opting herself not to answer it while eating her french toast. But since she can't take the questioning glances from her friends, she sighed, regretting that she had chosen to say something about the topic, "Is that really unusual for me to be interested on 'someone'?"

 

She pinched the bridge of her nose when all of her friends answered 'Yes' in a sing-song tune. She let out a nervous laugh, "I was joking okay? Don't take it too seriously."

 

Nayeon could only shake her head at this, as if she's saying to Dahyun that she'll swallow her own words someday. Dahyun was glad when all of them got silent since they started reviewing the notes that they had been studying for the past 5 months. Dahyun closes her notes and observes all of them, meeting Mina's eyes in the process as both girls didn't really need to study - just making sure that they didn't forgot everything - and smiled to each other. She puts her head on the table, the cold surface making touch with her face as she stares at Momo who's been focusing also on her notes.

 

"You okay?" Momo only hums at this, unconciously intertwining her fingers on Dahyun's hand which is on top of her right hand. Dahyun chuckles lightly at this, also doing the same as Momo. She wants to distract herself from everyone even for a while; so, she brought out her phone with her right hand, and connected her airpods on her phone, the soft tune beginning to relax her. She puts her face flat on the table again, this time she closes her eyes, letting the noise around her subside, the sound of classic piano playing through her airpods. After it felt like 30 minutes had already passed - it's actually 10 mins - she felt someone shaking her, she opens her eyes to see Momo and Chaeyoung trying to wake her up. "Come on Dubu, the bell's going to ring already."

 

"Why are you still here though Momo unnie?"

 

"Um, because you're still holding my hand?" Momo smiles sheepishly, with Dahyun saying sorry before she is getting dragged away by Chaeyoung.

 

 "Sheesh, I also have to go" and she ran to her room, dashing through people. She arrives, taking her designated seat while the teacher is handing out their test papers. You can do this Momo.

 

-

Nayeon ruffles her hair after her exam was done, her face was hidden by her arms as she hides her face on their usual table. She feels a pat on her left shoulder, seeing Dahyun looking at her with concerned eyes. Dahyun sits beside her sideways, her hands reaching out to comb Nayeon's hair to fix it.

 

"What happened?"

 

 " I don't think I aced that exam even though I reviewed, my mind went blank the second I saw that test paper."

 

"Just believe in yourself, unnie. If you want my help I can teach you."

 

"But you're younger than me, you don't learn yet the stuff that I had already learned."

 

"Let's see" Dahyun winked.

 

Aside from the group's knowledge, Dahyun already learned the lessons of what a highschool student could learn since she was homeschooled before coming to Canada. She can also attend college now but she chose not to, prefering to experience the highschool life first. Nayeon became silent, her eyes looking distant. Dahyun notices this and nudges Nayeon's shoulder, "If you want, I'll take you out for ice cream so that I could wipe that pout off your face, unnie."

 

"Did someone said ice cream?" Now, Dahyun was caught in a headlock by Chaeyoung with Dahyun already gasping for air. When Chaeyoung lets her go, she glares at her and fixes her hoodie's strings. "We're going but you aren't coming, Chaengie"

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I said so" Tzuyu interrupted. Chaeyoung could only whine, Dahyun laughing at this and Tzuyu trying her best to maintain her stoic expression. "I'm kidding, we can come, right Dahyun?"

 

"Of course."

 

"But it's winter, how can you eat ice cream in such cold weather?" Tzuyu asked.

 

Dahyun pointed to her side, to Nayeon who's now hiding her face once again. "This big baby here thinks she didn't aced her exam and I want to wipe her sad expression out of her face."

 

Tzuyu nods, staring at Chaeyoung intensely, "You can have ice cream but just this once. Don't come complaining to me if you caught a cold." Chaeyoung gulps at this, scared but deep down knowing that Tzuyu wouldn't hesitate to take care of her if she gets sick. Dahyun snickers at this, pretending to gag but stopped when Chaeyoung and Tzuyu sent her death glares. Dahyun smirked at them, proud for her best friends even if they sometimes tease too much.

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu had began dating since the start of their school year and therefore it's been approximately 6 months since they got together, the bond of the two become more closer, with Chaeyoung always on Tzuyu's side everywhere and the same goes for Tzuyu. Dahyun was interrupted from her thoughts when she felt someone poking her cheeks, it's Momo. Dahyun smiles at her on which the latter returns before sitting beside her - the side which isn't occupied by Nayeon- with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu across from her. Soon, the others approached them, their faces was lost of energy but they still managed to smile when they went nearer on the table.

 

"Dahyun's taking all of us out for ice cream!" Nayeon cheered.

 

Dahyun went more paler than ever when she heard that, she knows how her friends stomachs were and judging by the puppy eyes that were thrown to her by all of them, she'll be going home with her wallet, empty. But that's okay for her, as long as she gets to see all of them smile from the first day of the hectic week of Finals. Good thing that she had used her car to go to school and Chaeyoung, Tzuyu had come along with her on the way to the ice cream shop while the others have also their own cars, with Momo going with Jeongyeon's. In no time, they arrived at an ice cream shop and park their cars before going inside, the place filled with few people that only find comfort in ice cream even in this tough weather. Nayeon and Chaeyoung couldn't keep still as they roam through the freezers, deciding to buy an ice cream cone and a bucket of ice cr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter