A long day

Bubbly Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She sees Chaeyoung in the end of the hallway. The girl has her hands on her knees, breathing heavily. She chuckled at the sight of her friend, her hair disheveled, the bonnet that is on her head weren't wore properly. She waits as her friend walks into her direction, which she flashes her smile and the other one flashes her goofy grin.

 

"Oh my god Chaeyoung, stop doing that" she chortles.

 

"Don't say that Dahyunnie, I know you like it." she teases. She only replies a huff in return.

 

As Chaeyoung goes to her locker to arrange her things, Dahyun follows her friend. "How's winter break?"

 

"It was boring, I thought we were going to do a roadtrip but it was cancelled because it's too cold. How about yours?"

 

"The same goes to me. I only stayed at home and did nothing" she laughs.

 

"We should have met with the others during vacation then." Chaeyoung glances sideways.

 

"Did Tzuyu already arrived? I have something to give her."

 

"I haven't seen her yet, maybe she's still sleeping, after all, that girl always go to school late but she has high grades." They laughed at her predicament which is true, even if Tzuyu sleeps in her class or goes late at school, the teachers do not mind it anymore since they are always giving her a warning and she isn't listening to any of them.

 

 When Chaeyoung was done, they both went downstairs, seeing that yogurt and fruit is for today's breakfast. Seeing that there were different flavors, Dahyun got the peach flavor and Chaeyoung went for the strawberry. They went to their usual spot, bringing out their phones as they wait for the others to arrive. While she is scrolling, someone had covered her eyes, the familiar scent going through her nostrils.

 

"Momo unnie, I already know it's you just by your smell." Momo snickers at this, "Still, you could have played along with me" she pouted while sitting down beside Dahyun.

 

Dahyun already knows what to do when an (older) baby sits beside her that is sulking. She tilts her body slightly, spreading her arms so that she can hug Momo who's now acting playfully with Chaeyoung scoffs at the scene in front of her.

 

"If I wasn't friends with the both of you, I would've thought that you two are a couple" Momo sticks out her tongue at the younger girl to which worked.

 

Dahyun only laughed at her friends, and Momo can feel how the younger girl's body vibrated when she laughed against her who is still engulfed in Dahyun's embrace, she smiles as this, tightening her embrace on the younger's waist. When the laughter subsided, they heard that most annoying cute voice  - sometimes it's cute but at the same time, you just want to remove your eardrums - Nayeon, their friend after a few months in their first semester during freshmen year. The girl has this bright aura around her and Dahyun had always been in awe because of it, she knows that Nayeon is also like her,  the happy pill in their group. When Nayeon sat beside Chaeyoung, the three pretended to cover their ears - to annoy the oldest - and there she is, her aegyo going worse than before. They cringe at the high-pitched baby voice, with few people near their table glancing on them.

 

"You didn't have to do that Nayeon unnie, my ears might have bled" Chaeyoung joked.

 

Nayeon laughs at this but stops suddenly, standing up quickly startling the three and running towards the two that arrived and gave them a hug. Jeongyeon scrunches her face at this, while Jihyo quietly returns the hug, stopping herself from laughing. When they reached the table, Jeongyeon fist bumps with Chaeyoung, who returns it with a laugh. Jihyo smiles at Dahyun which she returns back, and the two had settled on the table. They asked each other the things that they did during winter break and Nayeon doesn't stop talking til she spots Mina and Tzuyu who's trailing behind her with her face that screams like she just wants more sleep. Tzuyu's face brightens up at the sight of Chaeyoung and sits quickly beside her, leaning her head on Chaeyoung's shoulder.

 

"Tzuyu is here early which is uncommon. Did you hit your head on something?" Nayeon teased.

 

Tzuyu whines at this and buries her head on Chaeyoung's shoulder while Chaeyoung shots a glare to Nayeon who whispered 'whipped' to herself. Dahyun observes all of this, she watches how they talked happily with each other, how they laughed among each other, and thoughts begin to appear on Dahyun's mind. Do you think they will notice if you are gone? They don't need you, the evidence is already in front of you. They'll be more thankful if you disappear in their lives for good. They don't need you. The thoughts had vanished when she hears Momo calling her name softly and the way Momo's arms tighten around her waist. She looks at Momo which she's still holding in her arms.

 

"Is something wrong, Dahyun?" she asked gently.

 

Dahyun shakes her head and cradles Momo more who also gives in, "I'm fine, thanks for asking though. I was just thinking about something Momo unnie." she assures. Momo nods only at the reply, deciding not to press more further at the topic.

 

Unbeknownst to Dahyun, Momo had seen all of it a while ago. How she observes her friends, and how her eyes suddenly turned dull and masked with something behind that she can't pinpoint, how her brows creased slowly and her arms around Momo tightened. She decided that she has to stop it and so she woke Dahyun from her little bubble, Momo comes to a conclusion that she has to observe Dahyun more.

 

The bell suddenly rang, signalling for the students to go to their designated rooms and that includes the group, they all waved at each other before going to their respective rooms. DaChaeTzu has the same classes this semester which is coming to an end, and finals would be coming in.  They settled in their seats after the announcements had been made, their teacher began discussing the remaining topic on the class. She saw Tzuyu dozed off at her chair, Chaeyoung doodling in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter