Question Marks

Bubbly Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sana sighed, combing her hair using her fingers as she stared at the mirror. It was 7:30 am, an hour and a half away before school started. She looks at her reflection in the mirror, the bags under her eyes, and said eyes that are swollen from crying yesterday. She supposed she could start her makeup routine, and plop on the seat in front of her mirror.

 

She sighs once again before starting.

 

 

Dahyun knows that she sleeps like a dead log. She heard that a couple of times, from her mother to some of her friends from Korea. But why can a single ring of her alarm wake her up?



Dahyun rubs her hand to her face and whines. She sits up, eyes squinting as she turns the alarm off on her cellphone. She rubs her eyes, proceeding to do a few stretches before making her bed. She slept well last night, not like the past few nights where she wakes up with a jolt with tears streaming down her face and is full of sweat.



But last night's events seem to hit her like a truck and now she begins to worry once again. Damn, what do I do? Should I just pretend?



She takes a deep breath, and exhales it slowly. She prepares her clothes and jumps into the shower to kickstart her day.

 

 

The usual chatterings around her made Dahyun think that this is how things should be. She starts putting her belongings in her locker and gathers what she needs. When she closes her locker, she is surprised to see Sana behind the locker door.



She almost lets out a shriek and puts a hand on her chest, "You almost scared me again. Don't do that, Sana."



Sana only shrugs, letting out a chuckle. "Should we go?"



Dahyun only nods, trailing behind Sana. She flashes her smile towards the people that she meets, greets them “good morning” if she can. When they arrived at their table, Sana sat beside her. She ignores it nonchalantly, but didn't miss how Momo shot a glare at Sana before smiling at her. 

 

"Good morning, Dahyunnie!"

 

"Good morning too, Momo unnie."



Momo pinches her cheeks. Sana stares at them, her face unreadable. Dahyun watches Sana's reaction on the corner of her eye. Damn, why is she mad? She gulps then turns to the other side.

 

"How is my favorite unnie doing?" Dahyun asks, a cheeky smile plastered on her face.

 

Momo's face heats up, she clears before muttering, "Fine."

 

"Unn-"

 

"Yah! I thought I'm your favorite, Dahyun!" Nayeon fake gasps, hand clutching her shirt to add more dramatic effect. Nayeon and her acting. Dahyun nearly face palms herself at the sight.

 

"She didn't say that, though." Tzuyu retorts, a smirk on her face.

 

Nayeon went silent. 

 

Jeongyeon laughs, "Tzuyu 1, Nayeon 0." 

 

Nayeon only pouts, and a series of laughter erupts from them. Dahyun only smiles innocently, seeing her friends being happy. I'm thankful for having them in my life.

 

 

Sana was walking into the hallways, thoughts of skipping her second period in her mind. She checks both ways for any roaming teachers before continuing to the direction. She decides to pass time in the library.

 

She scans the tables, looking for any empty spots to sit. She sees Mina at a table near the window, books and a laptop in front of her. She gulps and goes near the younger girl.

 

"Hello, Minari."

 

Mina beams slightly, removing her glasses. "Hello Sana. Don't you have classes?"

 

Sana only stutters, and Mina squints her eyes. Few seconds passed before Mina asked. "You're skipping, aren't you?"

 

Sana looks at the people near their table, observing if they heard what Mina said. They didn't react, nor glanced at their table. It didn't stop Sana from wincing though before turning to her, "I guess you can say that, hehe." She rubs her nape. "I wasn't in the mood to listen to a full hour of lecture."

 

Mina only chuckles, "I guess I can relate. I may like studying but sometimes it gets tiring easily if you already know the lesson. But still, that's not right. Just don't do it again, Jihyo would be mad, you know."

 

"Noted ma'am." Sana smiles. She was hesitating on asking something, but whatever. I have to ask now.

 

"So about the other day?" Sana starts.

 

Mina stares at her quizzically, then returns her gaze at the laptop in front of her. "What about the other day?"

 

Sana recalls what happened that day.

 

-

 

Sana stares mindlessly at her phone, staring at the two contacts on the screen, eyes flicking from one to the other one.

 

"Who should I call?" She mumbles, "Mina or Tzuyu?"

 

She remembers those two as the ones who observes the most. They are the quiet ones, but say something on the topics that they see fit to reply to. She knows either of them can give her the answers to her questions. She just doesn't know who to call, apparently.

 

Sana thinks again, she's more comfortable in the other one's presence. 

 

"Okay so it's her." Sana mumbles again.

 

A ring is enough for the other person to answer, "Hello?"

 

"Hello, Minari!" 

 

"Ah, Sana." She hears the younger mumble, "To what do I owe you this pleasure?"

 

"No need to speak so formally, Minari." She stops for a second, "I have to talk to you about something."

 

"I figured so." 

 

-

 

Sana bites her lip, "Um, the call?"

 

"Oh."

 

Sana was waiting for Mina to say something more, but the girl just continued to type whatever she's doing on her laptop. "What do you think?"

 

"Why are you asking me what I think?" Mina asks, "What do you think?"

 

Sana only stares at the surface of the table, refusing to meet Mina's questioning gaze. "I don't know."

 

She takes a breath when Mina wasn't saying anything, "I'm not sure. That's why I'm asking."

 

"You want my advice?"

 

Sana reluctantly nods, still not meeting Mina's eyes.

 

"Make sure of your feelings first, Sana. You just met Dahyun recently, don't you think it's too fast?"

 

Sana deflates a little bit but now meets Mina's eyes, "I guess you are right. Thanks for listening to me ramble about it the other day."

 

"No worries." Mina opens a book in front of her, "So what made you like Dahyun?" 

 

"That's easy." A smile slowly creeps up on Sana's lips. "I like her smile, I like how she scrunches her nose when she's thinking of what she's going to say. And her laugh. Have you heard her laugh, Minari? It's contagious."

 

A gasp breaks her dream-like state, and when she glances at Mina, the younger has her hand on , trying to stop the laughter that's threatening to come out. It went on for a few seconds, before Mina straightened and fans her face numerous times.

 

"I'm sorry," she clears , but a smile is on her face, "I didn't know Dahyun hit you that hard."

 

Sana pouts, "You're so mean to me, Minari." 

 

"Just let me be once in a while, Sana." The younger says but stops after, her gaze fixed at something at the back of Sana. 

 

"Is something wrong?" Sana trails, also looking behind her. She freezes too, her mind going haywire. She d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter