The New Student

Bubbly Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took all of Dahyun's will power to look away, her steps felt heavy as she went nearer into the transferee whose gaze isn't on her after that. She put the combination on her locker while sensing the girl that's beside her. When she saw at the corner of her eyes that the girl is still putting decorations into her locker, Dahyun quickly put away her things and got her binder, her steps were fast, thinking that she has to get away from that. When she neared their table, her friends suddenly .

 

"You look paler than before Dahyun, have you seen a ghost?" Momo asked.

 

"No"

 

"Are you sick then? Your cheeks are red" Jihyo inquired, putting her hand on Dahyun's forehead. Dahyun shook her head, taking a seat beside Momo who's still watching her. "I'm fine guys. It's just cold outside."

 

"Fine, just tell us if you need something." Dahyun only nodded, crossing her arms on top of the table before putting her chin.

 

Kim Dahyun, please come to the office, the intercom rang through the cafeteria probably on the entire school too.

 

Dahyun jolted, her eyebrows furrowed as the rest of her friends also looked at her. "Did you do something?"

 

"Of course not!" she denied.

 

She stood up, dusting her sweatpants before going to the direction of the office. She knocked twice first, before turning the door knob. Her head popped on the little space on the door seeing a woman on the front desk, and the woman on the front desk motioned for her to come in. "Yes? Is something wrong?"

 

"Please be seated, Dahyun." the woman continued, "I want you to accompany this young lady and tour her around the school, she is a transferee from Japan."

 

There on the corner, she saw the girl from earlier. The girl that stared at her intensely before was gone, in front of her was a girl with a nervous expression and only stares at her fidgeting fingers.

 

"May I ask why you had chosen me to do this? We have plenty of other people here who can tour her."

 

The woman only smiled at her "You are a dependable and kind girl, Dahyun. Help her when she needs something. I'll excuse you from your classes until you finished touring her."

 

Dahyun only sighed loudly, but her loud breathing was muffled away by the loud ringing of bell, indicating that students should start to go to their classes. She took out her phone and texted Chaeyoung, informing her that she has to do something regarding as to why the office had called her. She pocketed her phone and went to the girl who was still staring at her hands. She crouched down, offering her hand to the stranger that had caught her attention earlier.

 

"I'm Kim Dahyun, nice to meet you."

 

The girl only stared at the hand in front of her, not doing anything. Dahyun decided to draw her arm, but not before another hand clasped and shake it.

 

"I-I'm Minatozaki Sana, n-nice to meet you too." the girl stuttered, her accent proved that she's still not used to speaking English.

 

Dahyun only replied with a smile before she stood up, the transferee following behind her. Dahyun took her to the library, the cafeteria, the gyms and directed her to her rooms. The transferee only hums or nods when Dahyun finishes explaining something about the places, the girl's eyes lingering as if there's another thing that is running through her mind. Dahyun finishes touring the new girl before lunch, offering if she would like something to eat. The girl only shook her head, muttering that she can handle it. Dahyun unconciously smiled at this, opting to go with the other to buy for food. Since she knows a bit of Japanese (thanks to Momo and Mina), she tried conversing in Japanese, "Which city did you live in Japan?"

 

The girl's eyes widened at the realization, "You speak Japanese? I thought you are from here. Um, I’m from Osaka."

 

Dahyun chuckled,"Oh no, I'm Korean but I can also speak Japanese because I have friends here from Japan. What made you think I'm from here?"

 

The girl only shrugged, lining on their cue on the cafeteria as students slowly gathered, indicating lunch. "Your accent is flawless and you’re as pale as the others here. If you hadn’t spoken to me at my mother language, I wouldn’t have spoke to you that much since my English sounds weird.”

“That’s okay, but if you want I can teach you to speak English more beautifully in my free time. But to me, it already sounds good” Dahyun winked and Sana only giggled.

 

“If you want you can sit on our table, I’m sure my friends will be glad to have a new one added to our group.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“100% sure”

 

And soon, they were heading towards the table with Dahyun leading the way. 

 

 

"Oh! She's the transferee that they're talking about!" Nayeon beamed.

 

"Ah, yes" Sana answered, looking at the floor. "I'm Minatozaki Sana, nice to meet you all" then she bowed.

 

"You don't need to bow, hehe" Jeongyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter