kaitao - These Moments

2019 - EXO short stories

3 – Kaitao – These Moments

 

Tao helps Kai into the bathtub, careful not to hurt him. Kai groans as he sits on the little stool they placed in the tub, finding it necessary after the millions of time that they have found themselves with wounds. He makes himself as comfortable as he can get, cautiously placing his led on the floor of the tub. Tao had already left the water running and so it was warm and ready for use. Tao takes the pitcher and draws water out of the basin. He pours it on Kai’s chest firs so that he can adapt to it. He washes him, washes kai’s body, and applies soap, scrubs and then more water.

After applying shampoo to Kai’s hair, he pulls it up until it’s standing up, Tao laughs, enjoying himself.

“Playing with my hair again?” Kai tsk.

“Its tradition,” He laughs. “It never gets old. Every time it’s so funny.” Tao replies, once again playing with kai’s hair, making more shapes.

“Just don’t get shampoo in my eyes.”

“When did I ever?”

Kai hear the dramatic gasp and he knows that one of Tao’s hand is on his chest in mock offense. He rolls his eyes and says, “That one time you almost made me hurt myself even more. And-“

“Okay okay okay, geez. A man can hold a grudge.” Kai elbows him in the stomach.

Then they laugh. Tao stops playing with his hair shortly after. He rinse the shampoo out.

“You know,” Tao starts as he towel dry Kai’s hair. “Even though this mostly happen because we get hurt a lot due to our schedules and activities; I’m glad I get to spend these moments with you. Out of all the members I feel that you understand me the most.”

Kai holds Tao’s hand causing him to halt his actions. He takes Tao’s hand in his own and taps at it, gazing at Tao and his beautiful smile in full display. “Me too. I cherish these moments with you. You take care of me so well, I couldn’t be any more grateful. Thank you Tao.”

Tao hugs Kai, squeezing. If in these painful moments he gets to have these beautiful moments and memories with Kai, then he didn’t mind getting hurt. It was worth it.

“Thank you.”