chenhun - Blanket Fort

2019 - EXO short stories

4.  chenhun –blanket fort

 

“Yes! We finished, Jongdae hyung! It looks so good.” Sehun shouted with glee. He and Jongdae stood side by side admiring their work. The blanket fort on the couch was well done. The other members might scold them for using their blankets, books and maybe Chanyeol won’t appreciate his guitar being used as support for his- their fort, but that was for another time. For now, he just wanted to enjoy the fort with his Jongdae hyung.

So he pulls Jongdae inside, crawling and carefully moving around, making sure they don’t knock anything down. It’s a bit dark in the fort and Jongdae comments so. Sehun suddenly pulls Jongdae against his chest, rubbing his shoulder. “I’ll keep you safe from the monsters.”

Jongdae laughs, scooting closer to Sehun. “If you please could, my knight in a fort.” He makes a distressed sound and it’s so fake Sehun can’t help but laugh. Jongdae pushes at him a bit.

“Hey don’t mock, I’ve got skills. I could totally be a knight.” He flexes his other arm. Jongdae burst out in laughter. “Of course you do.” He presses on Sehun’s biceps. Mmh. “I’m in good hands after all.”

They play, pretended to be so many different things, and it takes them back to when life was simple, when they didn’t have schedule after schedule, when life was carefree. They laugh, eat inside the fort, and when they got tired; they cuddled on the cozy blankest laid out in the fort.  The other members find them sleeping peacefully I each other’s arms, they decide to reprimand them the next morning seeing that it was time for bed anyways.

The next morning Sehun and Jongdae wake up to Chanyeol’s lecture about the do’s and don’ts of his precious guitar.

They apologize to him and takes him out to eat as their way of showing they’re sorry.

“We should do it again, Dae.” Sehun says around a mouthful of food. Chanyeol hits his leg for it.

Jongdae smiles, lips curling up and the glint in his eyes getting Sehun so excited. They definetly will do it again. “Maybe we can even use Chanyeol’s guitar again.” Sehun leans across the table, whispering.

“I can hear you.” Chanyeol says.

“It sure did make a great pillar.”

“Hey! I CAN HEAR YOU.”

Sehun and Jongdae laughed. They will do it again.

 

~~~

Thank you for reading :)

If you can, check out my other stories, thank you.