Chapter Two

Chaos of Life

"I'm a dead boy," Jimin wailed, shoving his head into one of Taehyung's fluffy pillows. The action didn't get him much of a reaction from the others, so he made sure that they would hear his anguish by screaming into the pillow.

Taehyung smacked his head.

"You're being dramatic," he reprimanded. "And why are you on my bed, go ruin your own pillow."

Jimin reluctantly pulled his head from the safety of the pillow and stuck his tongue out at his friend.

"You have no clue, the rumors surrounding this boy, even Joonie seems to believe it," Jimin explained softly. Taehyung simply rolled his eyes, wandering away from Jimin's spot on the bed. Their dorm was small, as any dorm here was. It was a small suite that roomed five students. Jimin had gotten lucky. He was rooming with all people he knew and had been close to for most of his life, aside from one of the boys.

Kim Seokjin was a total stranger to Jimin, but he wasn't worried considering he seemed nice enough. They had all of the beds set up in bunks settled in two corners of the room, with their desks on each end of the bunks, and their drawers all set up like a set of large bookshelves. Namjoon had been in charge of the room organization (so he was the one only one who didn't have to sleep in a bunk), and the only one who had really helped him with it was Seokjin. Seokjin was tall and lanky but was a very kind soul who was stronger than he looked.

Jimin let out an exasperated sigh and fell back onto Taehyung's comforter.

"Tae, I'm doomed. I can't believe I interrupted him," he murmured. "I can't ever leave this room again."
"Do you not have homework to do?" Taehyung asked from his spot in the room, looking back at him over his shoulders. As he stared at him he pushed his large circular glasses back up on his nose, his sandy pink hair falling into his face. "You better shut up about this soon, Seokjin will be back soon from class."

"Do you think Seokjin knows him?" Jimin asked thoughtfully, turning his attention away from Taehyung's actual body and directing it out the window by the bed he was on. Outside was a clear view of the path outside of his neighborhood cafeteria. It was barren of students at the moment and the only sign of life Jimin could spot outside was a small squirrel frolicking about in the grass.

"You think too much," Taehyung dismissed.

Jimin sighed and rested his back on the wall beside Taehyung's bed. He stuck his hand thoughtlessly in his pocket, causing his fingers to brush the piece of notebook paper that Min Yoongi had given him. Despite his own better judgment, he pulled the paper out of his pocket, and stared at the handwriting. It wasn't neat, but it wasn't messy either. It was certainly legible, but it was clear that the strange boy didn't waste much time making it look overly organized. Jimin squinted his eyes as he read over the script.

Maybe he was wrong, maybe it didn't say Min Yoongi.

He read over the script once again, wrinkling his nose as he did.

His back slid down the side of the wall and he plopped back holding the paper above him. He twisted it upside down, and then right side up. He even moved his body upside down itself to see if it would be read differently.

It didn't.

The door to their room opened as the blood rushed to his head. He twisted his head to the side and spotted Namjoon and Seokjin entering the room. Namjoon raised an eyebrow when he saw where Jimin was situated.

"What are you doing?" He asked him carefully. Jimin held the piece of paper out to him.

"What's the name on this paper?" He asked him back. Namjoon took the paper without question. He hesitated to read it and when he did his body tensed slightly.

"Where did you get this?" Namjoon asked him. Jimin didn't respond right away so instead of waiting blindly for a response Namjoon reached out his hand and helped Jimin upright.

"I think… I think Min Yoongi sat next to me in class today," he said breathlessly. Namjoon in a breath and carefully took a seat next to him on the bed.

"Voluntarily?" He asked in surprise. "Are you sure it was him?"

"I don't see why someone would lie to me like this?" Jimin responded uncertainly. His eyebrows knitted together, and his fingers began to pick at one another nervously. "I never asked his name, and he offered me his contact information."

"Min Yoongi doesn't ever talk to people in class," Namjoon explained. "I've been in school with him for quite some time and he doesn't interact with people unless he has to."

"Are you guys talking about Yoongi?" Seokjin interrupted suddenly coming from the bathroom, a toothbrush hanging haphazardly from his mouth. Jimin nodded which made him chuckle. He returned into the bathroom for a minute which Namjoon and Jimin spent giving one another a questioning look in silence before he climbed to his top bunk spot of one of the bunks. He smiled at them, hanging his feet over the edge but didn't offer any more information.

"You sure talk about Min Yoongi familiarly," Namjoon observed. Seokjin hummed.

"We're friends," he agreed with a nod. "Why were you guys talking about him?"

Jimin stood up and showed the older boy the paper he got. Seokjin looked surprised.

"Yoongi gave this to you?"

Before Jimin could respond he was shaking his head again, and his mouth was open.

"I mean, this is his handwriting. It's just- did you just me him today?"
"He sat next to me in class," Jimin explained, his fingers nestling themselves in his hair. Seokjin whistled.

"Wow."

He handed Jimin back the paper, which made the boy even more confused.

"Wow?" He asked.

Seokjin shrugged.

"Yoongi doesn't sit next to people in class. He doesn't even sit next to me in class," Seokjin elaborated. "In fact, Yoongi doesn't do anything he doesn't want to. If he sat next to you well…"

Seokjin trailed off, his eyes trailing up the wall to the ceiling. Jimin peeked up at it but couldn't find what Seokjin seemed to be looking at.

"I'm going to take a nap."

He offered Jimin back the paper and laid himself back down on the bed. Jimin hoped he would say more because it seemed that the more, he heard about Min Yoongi the more confused he got about the boy. He stared at the handwriting on the paper again, now the letters seemed to blur together amongst themselves. Nearly incomprehensible.

He stuck the paper on his bulletin board and settled at his desk to get his work done.


"I can't believe I'm in a class with Min Yoongi," a kid near Jimin murmured. He hadn't been trying to listen to this story. He had been lucky enough to be invited to eat at this table with some students in a couple of his classes when the rest of his friends were busy, and he didn't really like to draw attention to himself but if he had known that they were just going to talk about Yoongi he wouldn't have agreed to it.

"Isn't that-"

"Don't say his name too loud, he lives in this neighborhood," one of the boys interrupted, lowering his voice.

"Is he really that awful?" One of the younger girls asked. She was sweet, pretty. Had dark long hair and bangs, her name was… Jihyo.

"Not awful," the first boy wrote off. "Just terrifying. One time a girl gave him a love letter and he graded it instead of giving her an answer."

"You think that's scary?" Jonghyun added, his fingers brushing his hair out of his face. "Someone tried to fight him once. Rumors say the other guy was in the hospital for a month. The fight lasted for thirty seconds flat."

"That can't be true!" Jihyo protested. "He doesn't look dangerous."

"No one ever looks dangerous," Jonghyun disagreed. "It's always the ones that look innocent. He's said to have been dating someone for a whole year just so that he could break their heart."

"That's so mean," one of the other girls gasped. She was in his math class. Umji?

"That's the way the boy rolls. If you just stay out of his way you should be safe."

Jimin couldn't finish the rest of his food for dinner if he wanted to. He was too nervous now. If it was so odd for Yoongi to interact unnecessarily with people, why had he done so with Jimin? His face had been settled into a seemingly cold look all of class, but initially, Jimin had assumed that was just his general state. He hadn't ever seemed like he had malintent towards him but Jimin was notoriously trusting.

Maybe he was intending to do to Jimin like he did that one person who he dated for all that time. He would do something awful to him and then he would use him as an example to the rest of the freshmen.

"Jimin was it?" Jihyo interrupted his thoughts and carefully laid a hand on his arm. He flinched away from it in surprise and then smiled nervously.

"Yeah?" he murmured.

"Are you okay? You're suddenly really pale," she said nervously. The whole table looked at him, and Jimin could see their minds running. What if they made the connection, that he was the one that Yoongi sat next to in class? Would they still be willing to be his friends? He forced a smile and a laugh.

"Of course, I am! I was just thinking about how hard some of our classes are going to be this year," he said. A few kids at the table laughed and naturally Jonghyun turned the conversation to a separate topic. It made Jimin relax a little as he wondered how exactly he was going to avoid being in this Yoongi mess.