Chapter Nine

Chaos of Life

Jimin woke up at three in the morning to his phone buzzing softly by his head. It jostled him from a particularly pleasant dream, but that didn't make him hesitate to drag himself out of bed and into the hall to take the call. He didn't even check the caller-id. He knew that to get a call at three in the morning it must be important. Whatever it was anyway.

The door clicked shut behind him and he slid the green call button across his screen.

"Hello?" He mumbled groggily.

"Is it true?"

The voice wasn't in any way familiar and it made Jimin's brain do a quick mental restart.

"Is what true?"

"Is it true that… Oh, you know! Don't make me say it!"

Jimin wasn't really able to keep up with everything happening. Partly because he was too tired to wrap his head around it. Partly because the words made no sense to him whatsoever.

"Who is this?" Jimin finally asked.

"Don't be stupid," the voice responded. Why didn't he sound tired at all? It was way too early for anyone to reasonably be up. "It's Kim Minjun!"

Jimin vaguely remembered graduating with someone with that name. But he knew that he hadn't been very close to them at all. Maybe one of his friends had? He could somewhat picture a face.

"How do you even have my phone number?" He continued. At this point he let his back hit the wall and slide down to the floor, tiredly palming his face with his hand.

"It's free domain on the Facebook page. Anyways, is it true that you're a e?"

Jimin fell silent for a moment, suddenly feeling wide awake. He noted the way that his breath hitched in his throat, how his body stiffened at the words.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't tell me you really don't know? This is a little awkward…"

Minjun went silent for a moment.

"I guess it doesn't hurt to catch you up," he finally decided.

Jimin was pretty dazed but the end consensus of the whole situation was clear. Jimin's best friend in high school, Hajoon, one day recently created a facebook group exposing everything he had ever disliked about Jimin and invited almost everyone in their school to join. It evolved into everyone describing how ty Jimin was and everything Jimin had ever done that could be considered bad. The group was apparently extremely active and had been so since the first day it was opened. The fact that Jimin hadn't found it on his own, or that his friends here hadn't yet discovered it was nothing short of a miracle.

After hanging up with Minjun, Jimin opened up Facebook to look at the group and suddenly realized why his phone had been going off. Apparently, just about everyone who had gone to school with him had something bad to say about him. Even the people that Jimin had been relatively close to had made a post. Some of them. A lot of them, even had the guts to tag him in their posts.

Park Jimin the pretty boy…. Can't imagine he is doing anything productive nowadays…

God Park Jimin was the absolute worst, has he not killed himself yet? He was so pathetic in high school I just imagined he'd get around to it soon.

Okay but, one time Park Jimin chose food over me. FOOD OVER ME. Why does he think he's too good to hang out with his girlfriend?

I don't even know why people liked Park Jimin, he's got such a feminine way about him, I'm not convinced he isn't a girl even to this day lol.

The longer Jimin scrolled the page the further his heart sank.

He had always known he wasn't perfect. He'd have to be more self-absorbed than many people thought he was to think that he was in any way so. Still, he hadn't thought that given the opportunity so many people would have something bad to say about him.

The further he got in, the worse Jimin's heart sank. Sleep was now a thing of the past. He didn't think he would ever sleep again after reading all of this.

He considered not thinking about it too much but sadly thinking about not thinking really just meant him thinking about it more and more.

He closed his eyes and he just saw the Facebook page in his mind, scrolling through every post again and again. When he opened his eyes, he couldn't prevent the words swirling around in his mind, reminding him of what he had been looking at. He looked at the clock.

He felt like he had been up for days. It was only 7 am.

7 am, the cafeteria was open.

Jimin got to his feet, hesitantly packing his bag for the day. He took everything he would need for the day… He didn't imagine he would come back anytime soon, he had a lot of classes to go to and in-between… He'd probably just try his best to distract himself.

He crept out of the bedroom and made his way down the hallway. As he did he brushed past someone in his hall who he didn't know. They murmured something after him, but Jimin figured it was a coincidence, other than an actual statement. It was too early for anyone to be fully functional anyways.

Not that Jimin is capable of doing anything properly on his own. He always asks for help and then stares at everyone with that stupid smirk of his while everyone goes out of their way to help him.

Jimin groaned and rubbed his head with the palm of his head aggravatedly.

"Get out of my head," he grumbled to himself. It didn't make the thought go away. Jimin was so lost in his thoughts like that all day that nothing really seemed to establish well. He couldn't study or watch television. He couldn't focus on his classes, and it only got worse when he skipped his Economics class. The intention had been, well completely honestly it had been to avoid Yoongi.

That boy could read him like a book, and so could the rest of his friends. He had to avoid them as much as possible today, what if they found out that he was not actually a likable person? He couldn't imagine one of his few new friends in college finding out about the Facebook page… If his current friends were okay to pretend like they liked him… Maybe that was okay for now, but if Yoongi who didn't pretend to like anything for even a second found out about the page. If he heard his flaws… He would leave him.

Oh, god, he could lose Yoongi as a friend.

Jimin took a deep shaky breath and paused outside of his bedroom door, feeling a little dizzy. Maybe he shouldn't return to his dorm. He wasn't in a good place, the others would detect it, the others would leave him if they knew he knew that he was awful.

Even in his haze, Jimin knew that he was being dramatic. He swallowed deeply and raised his hand to the doorknob, his fingers were trembling. He closed his eyes.

Don't be suspicious, don't be suspicious.

He pushed the door to his room open and immediately attracted the attention of pretty much everyone there. He smiled.

"Hey."

"What's wrong," Taehyung asked immediately. Jimin scrunched his face together in confusion.

"What isn't wrong, am I right?" He joked with a smile.

"You left really early this morning, we were a little worried," Taehyung insisted. "And then we saw you but you didn't see us…"

Jimin shrugged it off.

"You're being dramatic," he insisted. He sat down at his desk and began to pull his homework out of his bag. He thought that the studious behavior would make him seem better, but apparently, it just made him that more suspicious. In an instant, Namjoon had placed his hand on his shoulder. It made Jimin jump.

"Jimin, are you alright?" Namjoon finally asked. "You've been high strung all day."

The rest of the room nodded their agreement. Jimin didn't respond so Jin added to the conversation.

"Yoongi says you've been avoiding him today."

Jimin bit his lip nervously, he hadn't thought that Yoongi would notice.

"It's nothing," he mumbled, but even as he spoke the tears began to drip from his eyes. He sniffled, a little too loudly. "It's just been a really bad day."

The tears began to flow more freely and he sunk to the floor in an attempt to bury the sorrow from his friends. He hadn't wanted to drag anyone else into this stupid situation, but even so here he was. In an instant Hoseok and Taehyung were on him, their arms wrapped around his body as it shook with strangled sobs.

"Jimin, what happened?" Namjoon asked him softly. Jimin wanted to keep lying about it, but he knew in the end that now he might as well just tell the truth.

"I got a call last night from Minjun," he explained.

"Minjun?" Taehyung interrupted his eyebrows scrunching together.

"We graduated with him," Jimin explained, even though he was crying he was able to muster a rather nonchalant look and a shrug. "I didn't remember him at first either."

"Jimin," Jin hissed. "What did Minjun say?"

"Oh," Jimin replied. "Right um, he told me that Hajoon started a Facebook page against me and pretty much it's just a bunch of posts talking about what an awful person I am."

The tears rolled down Jimin's cheeks again as he thought about the posts.

"Why do any of you guys even bother with me? Why do you pretend to be my friends?" He asked desperately. "I'm awful, I'm clearly utterly and completely awful-"

Jimin suddenly got up, pushing his friends away from him.

"I-I should move out, I can still do that. Why do you guys spend any time with me at all? Why does Min Yoongi want to get to know me?!"

"Jimin-"

"Don't start," Jimin blurted. "You guys must hate me."

A commotion from Jimin's bed dragged him out of his state of reverie. He didn't look at the bed, he just paused, fat warm tears rolling down his cheeks as he stared at the first person, he could make eye contact with. It ended up being Jin.

"Is there someone else in this room?"

Jin nodded silently. Jimin shut his eyes tightly.

"Please tell me it's not Min Yoongi."

He heard the bed shake a little as someone climbed down it, and in a moment, there was an undeniable presence right next to him.

"It is."

Jimin wasn't sure what to say, so instead, he didn't say anything. He just turned around a gazed at Yoongi, feeling pained.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Yoongi demanded. Jimin found he couldn't look at Yoongi very long without feeling guilty. Not because he had initially felt bad about keeping the information from the boy. He didn't really- well, he hadn't not until he saw that look on Yoongi's face. His gaze was a little harder then Jimin was used to seeing it, his eyebrows drawn in towards one another tighter. He was actually upset by this.

"I didn't want to worry-"

"Who is doing it?"

Yoongi's interruption was curt. It was clear he wanted to explode but was holding back significantly. Jimin appreciated that.

"You don't-"

"I don't care if I know him or not, what's his name?" Yoongi reiterated. Jimin didn't hesitate.

"Kim Hajoon."

Yoongi exhaled sharply from his nose, which gave Jimin an uneasy feeling in his stomach.

"Why didn't you tell me about this when you first found out?" Yoongi asked, his voice still a little scary. Jimin lowered his eyes from Yoongi's again, so Yoongi moved to force Jimin to catch his gaze. "You should have told me as soon as you found out. The moment you knew."

Yoongi's hand suddenly shot forward, stopping not far from Jimin's own hand. Jimin squinted at it, realizing after only a few moments that Yoongi had wanted to grab his wrist, but needed permission first. He moved his hand forward, and Yoongi took it.

His attitude was odd, to say the least. He was clearly angry, his nostrils flustered a little, and he couldn't keep eye contact with Jimin for long. He was being rougher than usual, and he wasn't as soft as Jimin had gotten used to him being. Even so, the warm touch was clearly supposed to be comforting. It was a gentle momentary caress. Warm skin against cold skin. Jimin found it to be very welcoming.

"Yoongi hyung…"

Yoongi dropped Jimin's hand and turned around.

"I've got to go."

And without another word, he left the room. All eyes fell on Jin when he left but Jin clearly didn't have any answers for them.

"I don't keep secrets from Yoongi," Jin explained with a shrug. "I've never seen him react like this to anything."

Jimin's heart sank in his chest. Suddenly, he was worried about something different than his friends hating him. Suddenly, it didn't matter if anyone else in the world hated him. Not all of his Facebook, not every single person he had ever gone to school with. Suddenly, the only person he didn't want to hate him was Min Yoongi.

God, he really hoped he hadn't messed everything up.


Yoongi wasn't at class the next day. Jimin only went to economics that day, and he only went to economics to see Yoongi, and Yoongi wasn't even there. He spent all day worrying about it. Was Yoongi mad at him? What had he meant when he asked for Hajoon's name? Why had he just left?

He rubbed his hand against his face and tried to focus on his work. He was in college dammit, he had homework to worry about, he didn't have time to just stress over Yoongi all the time.

He was finally settling back into his work… Did 7+7 equal 14 or was he delusional? Should probably check. That was of course when something jostled his attention away from his work and to the tall boy who had suddenly joined his side.

"Let's go out Jimin," Namjoon suggested softly. "We can go to a party, you can get your mind off of everything. I'll keep an eye on you."

Jimin brushed off the suggestion, barely glancing up from his Math.

"I should focus, I have an exam Monday," he said instead. He could feel the doubtful look Namjoon was giving him so he turned around and offered him a smile. "I'm okay. I just need some time alone."

Namjoon was hesitant, but he nodded slowly.

"Okay," he agreed quietly.

The others were even more hesitant to leave Jimin alone. They seemed to think that if he was alone, he would get worse. He appreciated the concern, but deep down he knew that it would be okay. He was already worrying less about the Facebook page. Everyone on it was acquaintances and people he hadn't known well or at all. The people he had been closest with in high school weren't in the Facebook group. The only one who was was Hajoon, and honestly, Jimin didn't care what he thought anymore. There was a reason Jimin wasn't friends with Hajoon any more and if he had hated Jimin so much, he clearly wasn't a good friend in the first place.

What now bugged Jimin, more than the bullies, more than anything else, was what happened to Yoongi.

Jimin was jostled from his thoughts by a sharp knock at the door. He wrinkled his nose and set his pencil down.

Before he opened the door, he peeked through the peephole. Dark curly hair, wide brown eyes, eyebrows creased, lips trembling. Hajoon?

Jimin practically ripped the door open. He knew Hajoon well, they had been best friends for four years, and he knew a concerned expression when he saw one.

"Hajoon, what are you doing here? Are you alright?" He blurted uncertainly. Once the door was open, he was able to really assess the situation. He scrunched his nose. "Yoo-Yoongi?"

Hajoon opened his mouth but Yoongi spoke first.

"Hey," he spoke softly.

"You weren't in class," Jimin murmured. He suddenly remembered how messy his hair was and ran his fingers through the strands to try and tidy it. Of course, once that was fixed Jimin realized that he was dressed like a total slob, cause he hadn't expected to see anyone other than his close friends that night. He shrunk behind the door a little.

"I was busy," Yoongi responded. His eyes briefly wandered away from Jimin, floating towards Hajoon.

"Right!" Jimin blurted. "Hajoon, are you okay?"

Something flickered through Hajoon's eyes, but he looked away as soon as it happened.

"Ye-yeah."

Jimin couldn't help his concern. He reached forward, grabbing Hajoon's wrist.

"Seriously, Hajoon, what's going on?"

Yoongi had a strong glare fixed on Jimin that he mostly chose to ignore. He'd deal with Yoongi in a moment.

He may be glaring at him, but nonetheless, Jimin had a feeling the boy wasn't actually mad at him. So, he didn't mind coming to a compromise in his brain, deciding that he would get to the one he cared about the most about later.

"I came to… apologize."

Jimin squinted.

"Apologize?"

Hajoon noded, but the action was strained. As long as Jimin had known the other boy, he had always been bad at apologizing. It was pretty difficult to apologize, after all, when you never thought you were in the wrong. Jimin had never seen his friend apologize sincerely to anyone. So seeing him even attempt to apologize when he knew Jimin knew he couldn't so do was odd.

"Look, the Facebook thing was overly cruel. Truth is, I… I missed you, and I was made because you were doing so great, and you're so smart, and you've got all kind of friends, and you're such a damn pretty boy-" Hajoon interrupted himself, and took a soft shaky breath. "And I'm struggling a lot. Honestly, I was only really mad for ten minutes but the Facebook page grew out of control."

Even odder, this apology (aside from the tangent) seemed to be sincere. Jimin knew it was he couldn't emphasize enough that he knew Hajoon. He knew what Hajjon said and thought and did better than he knew himself because being friends with Hajoon meant that everything was about Hajoon.

"I never meant to hurt you Jimmy-" Another reason Jimin didn't really miss Hajoon. He knew Jimin hated to be called Jimmy. Yet, he still did it. "I'm really sorry."

Despite it all, Jimin wasn't upset. He wasn't happy or reassured, but he was no longer upset. All he wanted was to get Hajoon out of here and to talk to Yoongi. Yoongi. Wow, he had been really worried about Yoongi…

"I accept your apology," Jimin said forcing a smile onto his lips. "But you didn't have to come all this way just to apologize and… Why is Yoongi with you?"

"I drove to your hometown. Nice city. We ran into one another," Yoongi explained. Jimin's jaw dropped.

"You what?"

"He threatened me," Hajoon murmured. Yoongi shifted at the comment, which in turn made Hajoon yelp.

"Get out of here, I don't want you seeing Jimin anymore."

That, definitely explained why Hajoon had been so freaked out earlier. Jimin had honestly expected Hajoon to argue with the order, or at least ignore the statement. He wasn't in anyway obedient. Jimin couldn't think of a time in which he had listened to anyone else. Not at all, much less right away. But the minute the command left Yoongi's lips, Hajoon was bowing deeply.

"Thank you, for your time," he blurted. "See you around Jimin."

Jimin opened his mouth to protest, to say that it was ridiculous that Hajoon was actually afraid of him, but before he could Hajoon had disappeared down the hall. Jimin stared after him.

"Didn't you drive him here?"

Yoongi's eyes were on Jimin and Jimin only. He tried to ignore that as he stared after his ex-friend.

"Yes, yes I did," he agreed. Jimin quirked his head towards Jimin and raised an eyebrow at him.

"How's going to get back home, we're a few hours out."
Yoongi shrugged offhandedly. Jimin thought it was cute… Nice really to be in Yoongi's presence again, when he noticed that he was coming closer.

He wrinkled his eyebrows a little, and subconsciously shifted away from Yoongi, finding his behavior a little odd. It didn't help in any way though, because Yoongi just grew closer. There was an off-air about him suddenly. He kept staring at Jimin, seeming like he didn't care about anything other than that moment right then and there. Jimin wasn't used to anyone being this… Intense towards him. Only him teasing people like that his way.

Somehow Yoongi's fingers found themselves tangled in Jimin's hair, sliding the rough the strands until his warm hand found itself to the back of his neck. Jimin was in the moment lost in Yoongi's wide thoughtful eyes, unable to think of much other than the fact that Yoongi was right in front of him, touching him, making his heart pound at a hundred miles an hour...
What was he going to do?
The boy in question put pressure on the back of Jimin's neck with the palm of his hand, pushing Jimin's head forward slightly. Then he pressed his lips gingerly to the boy's forehead.

When Yoongi pulled away, Jimin almost didn't notice. The warmth of Yoongi's lips burned in the center of his forehead. Jimin raised a hand to touch it, feeling bewildered. Before he could question it, Yoongi was speaking.

"Were you upset?"

Jimin nervously ran his fingers through his hair ruffling up the strands that Yoongi had tidied. He considered speaking but… He decided he didn't trust his voice enough to. He just nodded slowly.

"Next time you're upset, come to me first."

Jimin's breath hitched in his throat. He couldn't think right about the sentence, and he certainly didn't have time to respond. Yoongi glanced at his watch and then withdrew from Jimin.

"I have to go, I'll see you in class."

And then he was gone, and Jimin was breathless.