Chapter Ten

Chaos of Life

Jimin wasn't self-absorbed or depressed per say. He was aware of his abundance of friends and wasn't trying to say that he didn't have any friends, but he was normally pretty self-reflective. In those moments of self-reflection, he had to note that other then his closest friends, people tended to tire of his company. Not to sound overly depressive or anything, but he could be found as something of a novelty to most people.

People absolutely loved to hang out around him at first, but after some time they no longer wanted to hang out with him. Jimin had learned to deal with this but he didn't want Yoongi to get tired of him. He had learned in the past to not hang out with new people constantly. If he did that then people wouldn't get tired of him as fast.

Yoongi didn't seem to care about that personal vendetta because he wouldn't let Jimin out of his sight over the week after the Facebook incident. He apparently didn't trust him to try and push people away after the damage on his "mental health" so he wasn't letting him do anything alone.

"I want your class schedule, you'll meet me for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'll be studying at your dorm with you. Oh, do you mind if I sleepover this weekend? If you ever need anything at all just ask."

"Yoongi, you sound like an overprotective boyfriend."

"Aren't I?"

To be completely honest, Jimin really appreciated all of the attention. He probably would have had a mental spiral by this point if it weren't for Yoongi's constant attention to him. Of course, if he grew tired of him he would fall pretty hard, but at the moment, he was just enjoying time with this peculiar boy.

He paused and looked up from his paper, taping his pencil against it. Yoongi was currently asleep on his arm, having dozed off after eating breakfast. They had a few hours before class was supposed to start so Jimin was just catching up on some homework.

"Hey, Jimin," Namjoon said. Jimin looked up at them in surprise.

"Oh, hey guys, getting breakfast?"

"Yeah, we're going to sit with you," Taehyung said softly. He slid into the booth next to Jimin, lightly elbowing him in the side. Jimin smiled at him.

"Alright, just keep it down a little, Yoongi is sleeping. He stayed up all night to study with me."

Namjoon, Seokjin, and Hoseok slid into the booth across from him. Seokjin's lips stretched into a smile.

"Isn't Yoongi cute when he sleeps?" Seokjin teased lightly, he reached across the table, likely to mess with the sleeping boy, but paused halfway across the table. He seemed to think better of it and sat back in his seat.

"He's been with you all week, does that mean you guys are finally official?"

All the boys began to spoon their food into their mouths, glancing at Jimin in between bites. Jimin gave his friends a confused look.

"Official?" He asked.

"You know, has he finally asked you out," Taehyung explained. Jimin choked.

"Yoongi doesn't like me like that," he said softly, giving Taehyung a timidly smile. Seokjin snorted.

"You really think that don't you?" He stated. "You're such an idiot. You think Yoongi just falls asleep anywhere?"
Now it was Namjoon's turn to look somewhat puzzled. He turned to look at Seokjin.

"He does fall asleep anywhere."

"Okay, yes, but not on anyone, Jimin-y here is special."

Jimin looked down at Yoongi, intent on looking at him for quite some time, to just quietly observe this boy that made his heart pound so much, but when he looked down he was surprised to find that Yoongi was peering up at him, awake.

Jimin's heart skipped a beat, and his face reddened a bit. He felt like he had been caught doing something weirdly intimate and he couldn't quite piece together why.

"You're awake," he breathed.

Yoongi nodded.

"I am," he agreed. He sat up and sent a glare towards Seokjin. "I can't sleep when the loud mouth is talking."
"You're just jealous," Seokjin responded without missing a beat. In response, Yoongi stole a piece of bread that was on his plate. Jimin tried not to let it show how disappointed he was that Yoongi was no longer using his arm to rest on. He now felt could where the constant pressure had been applied, and he wished that Yoongi would lay back down again.

He glanced up to catch Namjoon staring at him with a teasing smile. Jimin barely bit back an audible groan.

He knew. He didn't know how, but he could tell that Namjoon knew exactly what was going through his head.

"So, exams are right around the corner huh?" Jimin segued. He hated the way his voice actually quivered. He had to get a hold of himself, he was Park Jimin for goodness sake not a school girl with a crush.

"Might as well, kill me before they even start," Taehyung quipped. Jimin chuckled.

"Suicide pact?" He teased back. Taehyung's entire face lit up.

"You bet!" He agreed. They both enthusiastically raised their hands and gave each other a high five.

"Freshmen," Namjoon said with a sigh, looking over at Seokjin. "They actually think they'll go through with it."
"I can't tell you the number of suicide pacts I've had that have fallen through," Seokjin agreed, pretending to be disappointed. Namjoon gave him a sympathetic pat on the knee.

"It's okay buddy, we'll get there one day."

Jimin laughed, and so did the others at the table. Hoseok started to lightly berate everyone for making such jokes, but Jimin missed most of it due to a sudden motion from Yoongi. His hand landed on Jimin's leg, stopping it from bouncing. He hadn't even realized that he had been bouncing his leg. His face reddened, and Yoongi caught his eye. His hand was still on his leg.

"You okay?" He mouthed. Jimin's cheeks burned, so all he did was nod. Yoongi's lips quirked up just slightly and he moved his hand.

"Good," he murmured.

Jimin resisted the urge to bury his face into his hands.

Maybe he was just a school girl with a crush.

God, a crush on someone as great as Yoongi? How had he become so unlucky?
"Alright, I can't help it anymore."
Jimin had never been more mortified to hear Namjoon speak. His head shot up as he made eye contact with the older boy. He was ready to beg Namjoon not to say what he knew he was getting ready to say. His expression filled with desperation.

Namjoon's lips turned up into a larger smile.

"How long exactly have you two been dating again?"

The jerk.

Jimin opened his mouth to tell of Namjoon politely, and then apologize to Yoongi profusely, but Yoongi beat him to speak.

"Well our first date was when we first got dinner together, so I'm assuming we've been together for about a month and a half now."

Jimin's jaw dropped and silence fell over the table.

He had nothing to say. No words to contribute.

Yoongi was oblivious to everyone else's shock. He seemed just self-reflective on how long exactly they had been together. Cause apparently he thought they were together.

Jimin's heart beat in his chest.

He had never had a boyfriend before. He had had male crushes before, but a male boyfriend? Never- not once. Sure, he was on good terms with his extremely flexible uality. He dare say he was even comfortable with it, so he couldn't really explain why he was so thrown off by Yoongi's insinuation.

Wait, did that mean?

"Does that mean-" Jimin started before he could really reflect over what he was about to say. He paused and nibbled on the bottom of his lips. "Does that mean that we are boyfriends?"

Yoongi tilted his head to the side, seemingly clueless about the silence that surrounded them as he thought over the question. He reached across the table as he thought over the question and picked a piece of fruit off of Seokjin's plate. He ate it, and then slowly, he began to nod.

"I suppose it does."

Jimin's heart pounded in his chest at the thought. He could barely keep a coherent thought in his brain. The only thing that he could think about was Yoongi's implication.

Implication.

It wasn't even an implication. There was nothing about it that didn't scream the truth in Jimin's face. There wasn't a single instance of queerbaiting, or being a simple misunderstanding. No. This was Park Jimin, sandwiched between Min Yoongi and one of his best friends in the world, while being informed that he was, in fact, dating a boy who he hadn't even quite wrapped his head around his crush on.

And then as if he were a kid again, his defensive mechanisms kicked right back in.

His brain swarmed with confusing thoughts, and all he could really get straight was that he had to get out of here. He had to get away from Min Yoongi.

He tried to think of some plausible excuse but nothing came to mind. He had to keep his outward appearance calm, he couldn't let Yoongi know that he was experiencing a spike in anxiety.

Luckily, Namjoon knew him well.

", Jimin, you have a math review today."

Jimin's eyebrows shot up.

"What?" He blurted. Beside him, Taehyung even reacted.

"Oh crap, wait, I forgot."

He looked at his watch.

"Crap, crap, we have ten minutes to get halfway across campus."
Before Taehyung had even finished his statement, he was scooting out of the seat and pulling Jimin with him. Not that he needed to do any convincing to get Jimin to comply.

"I'm sorry to leave you so soon Yoongi but I'll see you later!" Jimin called as he and Taehyung rushed out of the cafeteria in a hurry.

Jimin was so admittedly distracted in getting away from Yoongi that he didn't even notice when Taehyung stopped.

He plowed into his friend, knocking them both to the ground.

Taehyung groaned a little under his breath but steadied them both once he had his bearings.

"You okay?" He asked softly. Jimin wrinkled his nose.

"Honestly? I don't know," he admitted. "I'm so stupid, I should be excited."

"It's not weird that you're freaked out," Taehyung replied, patting Jimin's back. "I mean we both know Yoongi didn't mean to do it, but we also both know that it is a little much to just tell someone that you are dating like that."

Jimin kept his silence.

"Is that even what he meant?" Taehyung asked after a moment of uncertainty. "I mean, you heard the same thing I did right?"

"He said, that we were dating, and then he said we were boyfriends," Jimin recalled. Taehyung pressed his lips together.

"Yeah, that's what I heard too."

Both boys got back to their feet and began to walk in an indiscernible direction. Jimin couldn't stand the silence. He stuck his arm out in front of Taehyung's body.

"Pinch me," he decided. Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"Jimin I promise you aren't dreaming," he said certainly, but he pinched his friend anyways. Jimin hissed as the pain shot through his arm.

"I'm not dreaming," he murmured. He pressed his hand into his face. "How am I not dreaming?"

"It's okay to freak out," Taehyung assured. He gently placed a hand on Jimin's shoulder, so Jimin glanced up at him with a pressed look. "But don't freak out forever. Yoongi seems to be a pretty good guy and he is super patient, but don't wait forever to talk to him about this."

"I won't," Jimin responded. He was surprised that he was so sure about that. He really meant it when he said that he wouldn't wait forever. He had every intention of seeing Yoongi again and facing what it meant to be his boyfriend. "Just, not until after finals."

"Fair," Taehyung agreed with a chuckle. He patted Jimin's back. "Now you're walking me to class for saving your back there."

Jimin chuckled and followed Taehyung down the sidewalk towards his class.