Chapter Five

Chaos of Life

Jimin sat down in the library and pulled out his computer. His initial intention was to study for economics. They had a quiz next Friday and if Jimin couldn't wrap his mind around these terms which should be easy to comprehend then he would likely fail the quiz.

Instead, he ended up typing 'Hangover cures' into google.

It wasn't because of his conversation with Yoongi. No, he was just curious to see if there were any known attainable hangover cures. He would be able to drink soon, it was a good idea to look into it. Sure, he hadn't liked alcohol when he had tried it but maybe he would start enjoying it, and drink it as much as Yoongi, and maybe even get a hangover… Just like Yoongi had.

His friends always acted like hangovers were the worst, and they generally laid around all day complaining about how much their heads hurt because they drank too much. Sure Yoongi had said it didn't bother him anymore but there was no way he was actually used to it.

The first few websites that Jimin clicked on were bogus. They were just doctors saying that you should drink less, or change your drinking habits when you were drinking the night before.

The fourth website he found was great. It was on Cosmopolitan and actually listed how each Hangover remedy benefitted the body and relieved your pain. Tomato juice, exercise, and coconut water felt out of the question. Jimin didn't think he could get anyone with a hangover to drink that stuff. Cold orange juice and everything bagels seemed like a good option. Then there was also Mexican Coke which was supposed to help with hangovers because in Mexico they used real sugar instead of corn fructose syrup or something…

Jimin bit his lip as he took a look at the internet web shopping results. He could order a 24-pack of the soda for sixty dollars on Amazon… He typed in his address and ordered the soda before he could think better of it. He could go to the store and get some everything bagels later too, and he already had orange juice so that wouldn't be a problem.

He paused as he stared at the confirmation of purchase screen on Amazon.

Geez, who was he kidding? Was he scared of Yoongi or was he obsessed with him?

"Don't see why you had to leave your dorm to do this."

Jimin jumped and shut his laptop, looking over his shoulder at Yoongi as he did so. He was still wearing the same clothes he had been in when he was back in bed. So that meant he hadn't gone back to his place yet.

"I was just studying for economics," he stammered. Yoongi took a seat across the table from him and rested his head on his arm.

"Oh?" Yoongi knew Jimin hadn't been studying, but he seemed to go along with it anyways. "You aren't having trouble, are you? You should come over, I can help."

He lifted his head a little and winced when he did. Jimin tried not to react to it, but it made him nervous.

"Are you going to eat anything? There are some everything bagels around the corner and I bet some orange juice would be… Good too."

Yoongi waved it off.

"If I don't lose some weight while I'm here mom will call me a dumpling," he replied dismissively. "I ate too much last night, I need to purge a little."

"Your hangover won't get better if you don't eat," Jimin murmured. Then he tilted his head. "Wait, why did you come to the cafeteria if you weren't here to eat?"

"I came to drink coffee," he responded, holding up his mug of the murky liquid. "But I could ask you the same thing. You aren't eating."

"I will soon. Just… Not yet," he answered dismissively.

He liked to spend all of his time in the cafeteria because it meant that he could spend plenty of time studying without the worry of transporting all of his things to the cafeteria when he would subsequently be hungry. On a weekend he would generally just spend his time in his room, eating cups of ramen, but since Yoongi was there he hadn't wanted to wait around.

He couldn't think right when Yoongi was around. He had to get out of here if he was going to get any work done.

"I think I'm going to go to the library, but I'll see you in class," Jimin said, keeping his voice low and level.

"Don't you need help stu-"

Before Yoongi could finish Jimin had dumped his things into his backpack and was running off, out of the cafeteria and in the direction of the bike rack that held his bicycle.


Jimin didn't see Yoongi the rest of that weekend, and he wished he could say that it wasn't because he had spent so much time avoiding him but he didn't want to keep lying about things with Yoongi.

Not that he and Yoongi had such a relationship that he needed to worry about lying to Yoongi, or that Yoongi would even care if he were avoiding him or anything. It was just that, he needed to figure out what this whole Yoongi thing was, and if he was going to get to the bottom of that mystery he had to stop lying about it so much to himself.

So, correction: He had been spending all weekend avoiding any chance of running into Yoongi. Whenever his friends went out to eat, Jimin passed on going. When they came back at night he hid under his sheets hoping Yoongi wouldn't come back with them. He even ate in a different hall and spent time with different friends to avoid running into him.

All of his attempts had been thankfully successful but he couldn't avoid the boy forever. He stared motionlessly at the open door to his economics class. He could skip. Or maybe just drop the class? Did he really have to be in this class this semester?

Of course, Yoongi was friends with Seokjin. He would notice if Jimin dropped the class and what if he got even angrier at him for doing so? Assuming that he really was mad at him in the first place, which honestly Jimin wasn't even sure about in the first place.

All the rumors pointed to Yoongi being some sort of cruel manipulative monster but rumors were genuinely just that. Jimin recalled a rumor that had spread about him in high school, saying that he was manipulative to girls. He of course wasn't, but most rumors did have a basis. His had been that he had told a girl he liked a television show that she liked just because she did and somewhere along the way it had spiraled.

Then again, it could easily be that the basis behind Yoongi's rumor was his general facial expression and equally cold behavior towards people he wasn't interested in.

But none of this explained why Yoongi could possibly be interested in him.

"Are you going to stand here all day?"

Jimin's fists clenched slightly and he winced a little.

"Yoongi hyung!" He blurted nervously. "You have a way of sneaking up on me."

Yoongi nodded slowly, pursing his lips in a way that subsequently made his cheeks look chubbier.

"And you have a tendency to look suspicious whenever I see you," he stated. "Penny for your thoughts?"

"I don't want to sound too clingy," Jimin mumbled before he could think over the words. His cheeks reddened and he ducked his head. "Uh, should we sit down?"

He rushed into the classroom and took a seat where he was most accustomed to sitting. Yoongi joined him a moment later, and glanced at him.

"So you were thinking about me?" He asked. Jimin chuckled nervously, hoping that he would be able to get Yoongi to drop the subject. He focused on the warm up on the board.

"Platyhelminthes huh? These warm-ups just keep getting harder and harder," he mumbled, his hand shaking as he tried to get a pencil out of his bag. He was surprised that he was so nervous by the whole situation. He had his far share of situations that had utterly terrified him but never had he reacted so outwardly to it. For some reason, it seemed like somewhere deep down he wanted Yoongi to know how he was feeling.

But that was crazy.

"You seemed confused," Yoongi observed.

"I am confused, I don't think I can name the characteristics of a platyhelminthes," he admitted with a chuckle. Yoongi turned his gaze fully onto Jimin. He stared at him silently for a long time. Then, he spoke.

"Are you having trouble with the economics homework?" He asked. Jimin's mouth gaped.

"What makes you think that?" He demanded. Yoongi pointed at the homework Jimin had been so nervous he didn't even notice that he had pulled out.

"You wrote, 'what is this' at the top of the paper."

"Ah."

Yoongi was like your regular old Sherlock, huh?

"Look, it's stupid to avoid getting help just because you are a little nervous around me." Yoongi started. It took all the restraint Jimin had to keep from blurting out: "A little?"

"Meet me at the library tomorrow at three pm. If you aren't there, you'll regret it."

The threat was a little chilling the way that he said it, but for some reason, something inside Jimin knew that it wasn't anything to take to seriously.

"Is that a threat?" He asked, allowing a small smirk to cross his lips.

"You'll regret it cause you'll fail the quiz," he clarified. "Why would I threaten you? Now Jin, Jin I like to threaten."

"Jin?" Jimin questioned.

"Seokjin," Yoongi added. Jimin smiled and nodded slowly.

"You two are close," he observed. Yoongi's head bobbed up and down as well.

"Very. He's stuck with me through thick and thin, I'd be alone without him," he agreed. Yoongi's gaze became less focused, making Jimin worry for a moment that he was unhappy about his lack of friends. Jimin spoke before he really thought it over.

"You have me now, hyung," he assured. Yoongi's gaze focused on him again, and he pursued his lips.

"I could get rid of you if I wanted," he stated.

"But you don't want to. I don't know why but, you don't," he responded shyly, shifting his gaze away from the other boy.

"Yeah, I don't," Yoongi agreed. Jimin was caught a little off guard by the blatant statement and turned to look at Yoongi in surprise but he had already turned his attention away from Jimin and to the teacher who was teaching.

Jimin let his gaze linger on Yoongi's concentrated expression for a little longer than most would find acceptable before finally turning his attention to the lesson being taught in front of him.