Chapter Sixteen

Chaos of Life

Jimin sighed, pausing briefly as he set his suitcase in the corner.

He leaned over it for just a moment, looking around the room before him.

It was a mess.

Clothes were thrown across the floor luggage scattered here and there. Even worse, boys were bouncing about, spreading the mess. He watched as Namjoon stumbled over a ball, and as Jungkook bounced on Taehyung's bed. He barely contained a laugh as he watched all the commotion.

Boy, he really had missed this.

And finally, finally, it would all go back to the way it was before.

Someone tossed a pillow at Jimin's face, but he caught it before it hit him. He chuckled and scanned the room for his attacker. He was surprised to find Jungkook looking at him with a mischievous look on his face.

"Oh, you're on Kook," he stated. He tossed the pillow back and raced across the room to a stack of pillows for ammo. "I'm declaring war on Jeon Jungkook! The floor is lava, general rules apply."

The other boys in the room stopped what they were doing and all started racing up off the floor.

"Hyungs are on Jungkook's team!" Namjoon announced. Hoseok nodded his agreement, but Jin scoffed.

"Speak for yourself old men, I'm on Jimin's side!"

Jimin started to toss his teammates pillows.

"Aim!" He directed. They all raised their pillows. "Fire!"

Pillows started flying from every corner of the room. The first casualty was Taehyung. He reached down for a pillow, and fell off the chair was his island.

"Tae is down! Tae is down," Jungkook yelled.

"Take down Namjoon, he's the weakest link!" Jin announced. They all started aiming for Namjoon who toppled over onto the floor trying to grab a pillow. Jimin began to jump around, moving from the bed to a chair to another chair, to a suitcase.

That was his fatal flaw. Once he was on the wardrobe by the door a pillow came out of nowhere, knocking him to the ground. He groaned.

"Crap, I'm out."

The chaos raged around him, but he was surprised when a pair of shoes appeared before his eyes. He looked at them with wide eyes and then looked up at the owner of them.

He'd never seen him before.

He had dark shaggy hair, with dark eyes and thin lips. He was tall, taller than Jimin, and had a smug look on his face.

"Oh, hello," Jimin said friendlily. "Is there something I can help you with?"

"Yes, actually. My name is Lee Daejung, I'm looking for Yoongi, Do you know him?" He asked politely. He held out a hand for Jimin to shake, and Jimin hesitated unsurely.

He was fairly certain that no one in this school would actively seek out Yoongi, especially not voluntarily. And there was something in the way that this... Daejung spoke that made Jimin hesitant to see the sincerity in his statement.

His words were so... So oddly deliberate.

"I'm Jimin, Yoo-"

Before he could finish introducing himself before his fingers could even brush Daejung's, his wrist was grabbed and he was curtly pulled back, away from the older boy.

Jimin looked up in surprise to find that it was Namjoon who had pulled him away.

"You don't need to talk to this guy Jimin," he assured curtly. "He's no one important."

"But-"

"Go talk to Tae and the others," Namjoon commanded. That surprised Jimin. Namjoon wasn't usually so aggressive towards the boys. In fact, Jimin couldn't recall a time that he was ever aggressive to him.

Jimin didn't move, he just looked at Daejung suspiciously. He considered speaking again, protesting against this obvious childlike treatment but he thought better of it when he glanced at the look Namjoon was giving Daejung.

Jimin has never seen him so angry.

He turned away from him and walked towards Taehyung.

"I'll see you around," Daejung called after Jimin. Jimin gave him a flustered look over his shoulder, weirded out to find that Daejung was smirking after him.

He shivered and elbowed Taehyung.

"Hey," he mumbled distractedly. Taehyung glanced at him and seemed to notice his discomfort.

"You okay?" Taehyung asked, momentarily ignoring the practical wrestling match that Jin and Jungkook were partaking in over on Taehyung's bed.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Jimin assured. He decided not to talk about the person asking for Yoongi.

It was probably nothing anyway.

Jungkook yelped, kicking his feet wildly in the air.

"I yield, I yield."

"Team Jimin wins!" Jin announced excitedly. He pumped his fists in the air and then rushed over to Jimin and Taehyung giving them high fives. Jimin let himself laugh at the elder boys excitement.

"It was nicer when you guys were all back in your hometown," Jungkook grumbled. Jimin actually laughed.

"Oh, so you're saying that you didn't miss us at all?" He asked teasingly. Jungkook shot Jimin a glare.

"Absolutely not."

Jimin was about to argue that more when suddenly the door to the dorm closed. Jimin looked over quickly and found Namjoon standing there, his hands in his pockets. His expression was still cold.

He wasn't looking at anyone in particular, he was just staring off. His eyebrows furrowed downwards, his mouth hanging partially open.

As he stared off like that he glanced over and noticed that everyone in the room was looking at him wordlessly. At first, he just glanced back to the spot he had been focusing his glare on, but the minute it clicked in his mind that everyone had been staring at him a bright smile crossed his lips.

"Is Jungkook really pretending like he didn't miss us?"

That seemed to make everyone forget his momentary bout of anger but it didn't make Jimin forget. He watched Namjoon carefully, noting how his body was still tense.

He brushed through the group of friends, acting like everything was completely normal, before grabbing Jin's arm and whispering something into his ear.

Jin tensed a little and grabbed Namjoon's wrist. He was at just the right angle for Jimin to read what he said.

"Are you sure?"

Jimin pressed his lips together.

Sure about what?

But he didn't ask it aloud.

"I should get back to unpacking. If we don't finish this today, we won't ever finish it," Jimin said pleasantly. Jungkook perked up and smiled brightly.

"Can I help? I feel useless just sitting around here," he said. Jimin nodded.

"Yeah, can you move Namjoon's books? I don't know why he got so many for Christmas when he already has too many."

"And he doesn't read any of them," Hoseok agreed with a sigh. "He buys them and he doesn't read them."

"I'm busy!" Namjoon protested. "I'll read them eventually!"

"He'll be on his death bed and he still won't have read those books," Hoseok said, turning away from Namjoon at that. Of course, that was his mistake. Namjoon took that opportunity to hit him across the head.

But he didn't whisper anything to him.

So whoever that Daejung was Namjoon knew, and Jin knew, but Hoseok didn't? Namjoon had always been closer to Hoseok then Jin, they hadn't even met Jin until recently. So why would he tell Jin but not Hoseok?

Unless... Unless that Daejung really did know Yoongi.

Jimin tried not to think about it.

He had to respect Yoongi's privacy. If Yoongi wanted him to know something he would tell him. He would tell him, he would tell him, he would-

"Hi everyone."

Jimin sharply turned around, smiling widely.

"Yoongi!"

He had just seen Yoongi a week ago. But a whole week felt like a long time to be away from Yoongi when they had spent every day together for the last few months.

He rushed over to his boyfriend and wrapped his arms around his waist, pressing his chest against Yoongi's.

"I missed you," Jimin continued shyly.

"Hello Jimin," Yoongi said pleasantly, a small mild smile crossing his lips. "I missed you too."

Yoongi's eyes flickered down to Jimin's lips and his heart skipped a beat. It had been a week since Jimin had gotten to kiss Yoongi. To say he was starved for attention was probably an understatement.

Yoongi started to lean in but before he got close enough for Jimin to feel even slightly sated, Namjoon came over.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" He asked. Yoongi didn't look at Namjoon, his eyes didn't leave Jimin.

"Can it wait?" He asked.

"Trust me... I wouldn't interrupt this unless it was important," he assured. Yoongi glanced over at Namjoon and sighed.

"Alright."

He turned back to Namjoon and pressed his lips to Jimin's forehead.

"I'll be back."

"Tell me about it?" Jimin let slip before he could help himself. Yoongi smiled and nodded once.

"If it's important."

Jimin could tell it was important. He watched the dark expression roll over his face when Namjoon started to talk.

Jimin knew it was about Daejung. There was nothing else it could be about. He saw the way that Jin's eyes wandered to the pair and he took his time to nonchalantly walk over to the pair and say something quietly to Yoongi.

No one else seemed to notice it.

No one else was seeming to notice any of this.

It just made Jimin that more annoyed.

All of the Hyungs except for Hoseok were in on some big important secret, and Jimin just knew that no one was going to tell him about it.

Yoongi was great and all and clearly cared about him a lot, but sometimes Jimin thought that Yoongi had a habit of babying him just a little bit.

Jimin nervously picked at his palm with his fingers, trying not to make it too evident that he was worrying.

Yoongi happened to glance over at Jimin and noticed him.

Jimin tried to hide his hands behind his back so that Yoongi would notice his habit. He smiled.

Yoongi didn't smile back. He said something to Namjoon, patted Jin's shoulder and then headed back over to Jimin. He ruffled his hair thoughtfully with one hand and gave him a thoughtful, but concerned expression.

"Are you okay?" He asked him. Jimin nodded.

"'Course I am!" He assured with a nervous laugh. He gestured towards Namjoon. "Was it important?"

"Not at all," Yoongi said brushing off Jimin's concern. "Do you want to go get some ice cream?"

Jimin hid his disappointment with a nod.

"Let me grab my shoes."

That was it.

If Yoongi wasn't going to tell him, then screw it. Screw it all! Yoongi hadn't ever just sat back and waited for him to tell him what was going on in his life when it was important. He just into the situation, and he fixed it.

This situation was obviously on the same level as Jimin's, for crying out loud Jimin had never seen Namjoon so angry.

So for once, Jimin was going to be assertive. He was going to into the situation. He had to figure out what was going on, whether Yoongi would tell him or not.

He made a mental note to ask Taehyung tomorrow to help him investigate as he slipped his shoes on.

"Let's go!" Jimin said to Yoongi pleasantly, and he took his boyfriend's hand, pulling him out of the dorm room.