Chapter Eleven

Chaos of Life

Finals were next week, and honestly, Jimin can't believe that he was doing this again.

Avoiding Yoongi like the plague the first time made sense. Why wouldn't he avoid him before he knew what he was really like? The next couple times hadn't necessarily been sensible, but they were at least justifiable. This… now this time it was nothing short of ridiculous.

For pretty much all of his life, Jimin had wanted a significant other. One who he could trust to care for him, but also one he wasn't afraid to defend and take care of himself if he so needed. What he had never imagined was that he would find one in Min Yoongi.

He was nice to him. He clearly cared about him. He obviously liked him.

Jimin had been on this road countless times before, and each time he saw red lights. Red lights for as far as the eye could see. For once there was only one light on the road. One, bright, green Min Yoongi light, and instead of going forward as he had with all the others he was running away again.

He buried his head in his hands and groaned loudly.

Was it because he liked Yoongi too much?

The thought in itself scared him.

He had liked every person he had ever dated. He had considered the possibility of being with each and every one of them for a long period of time

But for some reason, Yoongi was different. God, why did Yoongi have to be different?

It wasn't the first time he had necessarily dated. It was, however, the first time anyone had used the label "boyfriend" on him before.

Labels, wow he was such a , was the fact that they were using labels really what was freaking him out? It wasn't anything he was really unused to. He had known a number of people before in the past that he had wanted to use labels with, but they had never reciprocated the feeling.

So why… why did Yoongi feel so calm about using labels with him?

Boyfriends, he had called them boyfriends.

Why had he done that? How had such a simple word thrown Jimin into such an intense spiral into personal emotional trauma?

"Really Jimin? Again?"

Jimin turned around, giving Namjoon a soft glare.

"Look, I know, I know. Avoiding Yoongi again. It's unhealthy and stupid. I was just telling myself the same thing," he replied quickly. He crossed his arms across his chest.

"Am I just being stupid?" He asked. "I should be with Yoongi right now."

"Yeah," Namjoon agreed. "You are just stupid. Go talk to him."

Namjoon lightly smacked Jimin's head. In response, he pouted.

"I will. I will. Just… After exams."

Namjoon rolled his eyes.

"You're ridiculous. Have you thought about winter break? It's not Yoongi's last semester, lucky for you, but you guys live an hour apart. Don't you think that you should figure out you guys' relationship before classes get out?"

Jimin had to admit that he hadn't thought about that at all. After finals this semester it was easy to guess that everyone would get out as fast as possible. Jimin was pretty sure he had to be out of the dorm within a day after finals were out.

"I-" Jimin's words died in his mouth. God, he was an idiot. "You couldn't just let me make my own bad decisions could you?"

"Nah, I prefer to watch you make good ones," Namjoon encouraged. "I happen to know that Yoongi is giving you space so he has been spending time on the fourth floor in the library."
Jimin raised an eyebrow.

"I never go to the fourth floor it's-"

"Too quiet," Namjoon finished. "Yeah, I know. That's why he's there."

Jimin tapped his pencil against his desk thoughtlessly. He couldn't believe that Yoongi knew. Or even more insane had considered that when trying to figure out where to go to study. Jimin bit his bottom lip distractedly and then let out a defeated sigh.

"Fine, okay fine," he agreed. He grabbed his notebooks and began to shove them into his bag. "I don't know why but I guess I'll listen and do the adult thing and go talk to Yoongi."

"Atta boy," Namjoon cheered. Jimin gave him one last glare and then headed out the door.


Once he finally arrived at the fourth floor of the library his eyes immediately found Yoongi. He was sitting in the corner, staring out the window. He had all of his work out in front of him, but he clearly wasn't taking any notes. There was no one else on the top floor, which was in itself a pretty rare phenomenon.

Even so, Jimin was glad for it. It made it easier for him to look at Yoongi without it being too weird. He could see the way that Yoongi looked out the window.

There was no pleasure in his eyes. No amusement whatsoever. In fact, if Jimin didn't know any better he would say that Yoongi looked troubled.

Crap, why did that make him even more nervous.

Jimin bit his bottom lip and opened his mouth to speak but no noise came out.

He couldn't do this. He just couldn't.

He turned around, perfectly intent on leaving the building when like the clumsy idiot he was, he bumped into a bookcase and knocked a book down to the ground. The echo it made as it slammed to the ground was deafening.

Hey, maybe, just maybe Yoongi had been so lost in his thoughts that he hadn't noticed.

"Well look who it is," Yoongi's voice drifted across the room. "I think this might be the shortest amount of time you've actually spent avoiding me."

Yeah, he didn't think he was that lucky.

Jimin pressed his lips together nervously but turned to give his attention to the boy referring to him. To his surprise, Yoongi wasn't even looking at him.

"Bold of you to assume I was avoiding you," Jimin responded weakly. A laugh left Yoongi's lips but it didn't really sound like he was feeling it.

"Jimin. Come over here and study with me won't you?"
Jimin was no longer feeling the confidence that came along with actually going through with his plan to confront the fact that he liked Yoongi, and Yoongi like him and that they were boyfriends. But there was no easy way for him to go about avoiding the boy again without drawing suspicion. So instead, he just did as he was told.

Yoongi had begun to actually work on studying as if he hadn't ever been doing anything but study so Jimin pulled out his own work and started to do the same. He was trying his best to focus, he really was but he couldn't with Yoongi right now. He wasn't entirely sure what he wanted from him either. Did he want him to just say something? Or talk about them being boyfriends? Was the reason that Yoongi kept on getting distracted by Yoongi's reflection in the window in front of him because he wanted to… kiss him.

Jimin just barely resisted the urge to reach up and pull at his hair in frustration.

Concentrate, concentrate.

"Jimin, I can feel your anxiety from all the way over here. What is going through your head?" Yoongi finally asked. Jimin was a little startled by the intrusion and glanced at Yoongi, he was staring at him, his eyes very intent. Normally Jimin would have just answered it, but he couldn't help but look down at Yoongi's paper. He had barely written anything since the last time Jimin looked.

"I could ask you the same thing. You aren't getting much work done."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow at Jimin.

"I've been worrying about you."

Jimin was stunned by the forwardness of the statement. He had been sure that Yoongi would try to avoid telling him what was up, but it was pretty clear, pretty quickly that he really didn't care to beat around the bush.

"About me?" Jimin asked, sure that he sounded pretty dumb. Yoongi nodded, humming a little under his breath.

"You freaked out earlier. You're not as good at lying and pretending as you think you are. I didn't mean to freak you out, I thought that it… that this is what you wanted. But then I called you my boyfriend and you nearly had a panic attack."

Jimin wasn't proud to admit that his heartbeat quickened at the term and he especially wasn't proud to admit that his body reacted in such a tell-tale way that he ended up clenching his fists together just enough that Yoongi glanced down at his hand.

"See, look at that. You're doing it again," he mumbled.

"I'm sorry! It's just… It's just that I've never really done this before," Jimin said quietly. "I mean I have kissed people and gone on dates, and I've definitely liked people before but I've never met anyone who… ya know."

"I really don't," Yoongi denied. Jimin glanced at him. His eyes were wide and trained only on Jimin. He was listening. He cared. Jimin swallowed his fear.

"I've never dated another guy before and I have never met someone who wanted to call me their boyfriend before," Jimin admitted. "It's not that I don't want to date you, and be with you cause I want nothing more than to do all of the above, I'm just worried that once we talk about it… I don't know, you'll realize that you made some sort of mistake wanting to date me."

Jimin could imagine Yoongi reacting in a number of ways. For one, negatively. Outright telling him just how dumb he was and leaving him right there. Another way would be to use Jimin's insecurities to his own advantage, or to write them off immediately as if they meant nothing. What Jimin hadn't expected (and what Yoongi did) was to visibly relax, reach forward to cup Jimin's face with his hands and to smile.

Not to just quirk his lips up in response to something that had been said. Not to just have some sort of joy mirrored in his eyes. No, Yoongi really smiled. In such a soft, and precious way that it made Jimin realize that he had never really seen Yoongi smile before.

"Don't worry Park Jimin," Yoongi assured. For some reason, hearing his whole name leave Yoongi's lips made him feel immensely relieved. "If you don't want to use labels, we won't. If you want to use labels we will. I really like you, I'm sure you can tell that much, so we'll take this just as slow or fast as you would like to okay?"

Jimin couldn't resist it as a smile reflecting that of Yoongi's crossed his lips. It was rare that he met someone who made him feel so happy and so inexplicably safe all at the same time. He had always had his doubts with other relationships that his partner didn't like him as much as he liked them, but for once, he had a good feeling that they both felt the same way.

He nodded.

"Okay, Min Yoongi."

Yoongi slid his hands carefully away from Jimin's face and held out his pinkie finger. His expression was so soft and full of affection at that moment. Jimin didn't think he had ever seen Yoongi's eyes so round and vulnerable.

"Together?" He asked. Even his voice was soft.

"Together," Jimin agreed, hooking his pinkie finger with Yoongi's. As their fingers hooked Yoongi leaned forward and pressed his lips to his fist. He looked at Jimin expectantly so Jimin did the same.

"We should probably get back to work now," Yoongi said gently. He moved his hand so that Jimin would interlock their fingers, and then let their conjoined hands lay to rest on the table. Jimin couldn't even imagine working when he had his palm pressed against Yoongi's warm palm, but even so, he turned his attention back to his work and did the best he could.