Chapter Fourteen

Chaos of Life

Before saying goodbye to Yoongi the night before Jimin joked that he would see Yoongi in the morning.

Yoongi had laughed at that, saying that he would absolutely be there, to which Jimin barely prevented himself from saying that if he was then gee, it would be just like they were married.

Even though it was just a joke, even though it wasn’t real, Jimin felt warm and happy. Yoongi was really domestic. God, he really liked being so domestic with someone.

So naturally, when he woke up and Yoongi wasn’t there, he couldn’t help but feel a small tinge of disappointment.

He rolled over to look at his phone screen, but the only text that he had was from Taehyung asking him if he was free later this week. He sighed and typed out a quick response.

He considered staying in bed late. He had really hoped Yoongi would be here this morning. It was so weird to have to eat breakfast all alone, and he had been excited to eat it with Yoongi.

God, he wasn’t even hungry.

As if to just contradict himself, Jimin’s stomach let out a low growl.

He buried his face into his pillow in frustration and sat up crisscrossed in his bed. He was trying to think of something he could make to start off the day. He was tired of cereal, but that was about all that there was to eat for breakfast around here when a sudden scent caught his attention.

Was it… Pancakes?

He scrunched his nose and got to his feet, following the smell to the kitchen.

In some households, it was common to wake up in the morning to the smell of breakfast, but not in Jimin’s. His mom left for work too early to make breakfast, and his dad was a disaster in the kitchen so he couldn’t believe that he was smelling anything resembling a delicious morning treat.

A glance into the kitchen and he could make out the shape of his brother. He sighed.

“Jihyun, please don’t tell me that you are trying to make breakf-” Jimin stopped cold when he realized that someone else was in the kitchen. Both of them turned to look at him.

It was… It was Yoongi.

“Good morning,” Yoongi said politely. “We made pancakes.”

Jimin wasn’t sure what to say, so instead, he looked at his brother, expecting any sort of explanation that he could provide. Jihyun shrugged.

“Your friend came over with chocolate chips saying he wanted to make pancakes, so I let him in,” he explained. He hopped up onto the counter. “We’ve been bounding. He’s pretty cool.”

Jimin walked up to Yoongi and peered over his shoulder, looking at the cooking batter.

As he stood there he felt a wave of exhaustion run over him. He really hadn’t slept enough the night before. He rested his head on Yoongi’s shoulder and rolled his head against the older boys.

Yoongi glanced at Jimin’s sleepy face and gave him a half-smile. Under his breath, too quiet for anyone else to hear he murmured: “You’re so cute. Domestic.

Then before Jimin could answer to try and defend his reddening cheeks, Yoongi added, rather loudly: “No homo though.”

Jimin pulled back and smacked Yoongi’s arm, only to be met with a big goofy smile.

Ha, who was the immature one in this relationship again?

“I’m going to go get dressed,” he said instead of humoring Yoongi’s jab. “And when I get back you better be gone.”

Yoongi wasn’t gone when Jimin got back, and for the next few days- not even days- weeks every time that Jimin woke up Yoongi was there. He made breakfast, he took Jimin to lunch, and he even helped Jimin’s mom make dinner.

“Why haven’t you ever brought this boy home before?” Jimin’s mom asked. “He’s so pleasant.”

She glanced back at Yoongi as she spoke who was mixing the pasta sauce on the stove for her. She had been making a lot of pasta dishes recently.

“You’re only saying that because you don’t know what I’m really like,” Yoongi joked back. He glanced down at the pot beneath him. “Don’t you think this needs cilantro?”

Jimin’s mom took that chance to give Jimin an impressed look.

“And he knows all about spices too? I wish I had a daughter,” she quipped. She joined Yoongi by his side and stuck her finger in the sauce. She slipped it into . “It does need cilantro, Jimin are you sure you aren’t gay because this boy is just perfect.”

Everyone laughed, except for Jimin. He kept watching Yoongi with this otherworldly expression on his face.

When he first met Yoongi everyone disliked him, and the excuse had seemingly been because he didn’t have people skills, but if nothing else this proved he had people skills.

God, he was like a social master.

Yoongi caught Jimin staring at him and gave him that gummy smile.

“I like your family Jimin.”

Jimin wanted to say: “I love you too, Yoongi.”

But he bit his tongue.


“Hey, where’s Yoongi?” Jimin’s mom asked, setting a bag of fresh vegetables onto the kitchen counter. Jimin hopped up to help her unpack the items. She had never been so excited to cook dinner. Not since Yoongi started coming over and helping her cook.

The two were insatiable, trying new recipes like their lives depended on it.

“He’s going to come by a little later. He said you’re out of garlic,” Jimin said. His mom’s eyes widened.

“We can’t make anything without the garlic. Thank god he checked,” she exclaimed. Jimin nodded.

“Yeah. Ac...Actually, this is a good chance for me to say something. Dad’s home you know?”

She looked at him curiously.

“You okay?”

Jimin swallowed hard.

“Yeah… yeah…” He let the words fall out of his mouth. He tried to figure out what to say next, but he was drawing blanks. Luckily, just then his brother and dad walked in. Jihyun glanced around the kitchen.

“Hey, where’s Yoongi? Dad wanted to ask him about this car he wants to buy,” Jihyun said.

“He went to buy some garlic,” Jimin’s mom stated with a smile.

His family liked Yoongi a lot.

Jimin had initially thought that would make this a lot easier, but it actually made it just that much harder.

“There’s something I should actually tell you guys about Yoongi,” Jimin said. His whole family looked at him, all with the same expression. Eyes wide, concerned, and curious.

“What’s wrong baby?” His mom asked. Jimin’s eyes dropped to his hands.

“I mean… You guys probably figured it out already, b-but I owe it to Yoongi, to be honest, and tell you guys.”

His face was burning. He didn’t want to do this. It was too scary. Even knowing that they loved him, it was like telling them some huge secret and Jimin just wasn’t sure how they were going to react. He opened his mouth to say more when a hand slipped into his.

He glanced to the side. Yoongi was there. Oh, thank god Yoongi was here.

“Uhm, mom, dad, Jihyun… I’m bi,” he mumbled. “And, I’m dating Yoongi.”

He closed his eyes, terrified that the next words out of his parents’ mouths would be insulting, and negative.

“Jimin-”

“And I’m not breaking up with him!” Jimin interrupted suddenly. He opened his eyes and met the gaze of his pretty surprised family. “I mean like, other things I’ll do cause you guys want me to, but not this, I won’t break up with Yoongi.”

“We’re not going to ask you to break up with Yoongi,” Jimin’s mom said softly. Jihyun glanced between his parents and wrinkled his nose. They all had such serious looks on their faces. He was worried about what they were going to say.

“Is this a bad time to say that dad owes me five dollars?” Jihyun asked. His father scoffed and hit him on the shoulder.

“You said he would come out as gay he came out as bi,” his father protested.

“Well is he dating Yoongi or not?” Jihyun protested. Jimin’s mother hit both of them on the head.

“Is this how you’re really going to react to Jimin coming out?! He’s been hiding this for years this is a big moment for him,” his mom exclaimed firmly. She looked at Jimin. “We completely support you, sweetheart.”

Jimin wasn’t sure what to say or think, but he did know one thing. He was relieved. He was so relieved. His family didn’t care. Oh, thank god.

Jimin turned and wrapped his arms around Yoongi’s body, burying his face in his shirt. He kind of wanted to cry. Yoongi wrapped his arms around Jimin too, a smile spread across his face and he knew that Yoongi could feel it because he held him a little tighter.

Jimin’s family was still talking, now bickering with one another pleasantly. His mom was going on and on about how Jihyun had ruined this perfect family bonding moment. Jimin glanced at them, smiling at the look on his brother and dad’s face. Then he looked up at Yoongi. He didn’t say anything to him. He just smiled.

“I’m going to get started on dinner,” Yoongi said.

Jimin’s mother's eyes lit up and she let go of Jihyun, who she had been scolding, partly by holding him by the ear.

“Did you get the garlic? I got a loaf of bread,” she said eagerly. Jimin laughed at looked at Jihyun who was rubbing his ear. He tilted his head to the right once he caught sight of his brother and they both left the kitchen.

“Yoongi’s really cool,” Jihyun said. Jimin nodded.

“Yeah.”

“No… I mean like… Really cool,” he restated. “You’ve been interested in a lot of people that you’ve brought over, haven’t you? None of them were like Yoongi. He really cares about you.”

Jimin’s face reddened slightly.

“You don’t know that,” he mumbled.

“Nah, I do, we talked about you a lot in the morning when it was just the two of us. If you hadn’t told us that you were dating, I would have been telling you that he had the biggest crush on you, because the way he talks about you…” Jihyun trailed off shaking his head. “If my girlfriend liked me as much as he likes you, I’d be proposing.”

Jimin was pretty sure that this point his face was as red as a tomato. He looked at his brother, trying not to be too embarrassing, but Jihyun saw right past it.

“And judging by that reaction you like him too,” Jihyun stated with a laugh. Jimin placed his hands on his cheeks and sighed.

“I mean, even dad likes him. Dad never liked any of our friends growing up,” Jimin mumbled. “I keep expecting something to go wrong, but nothing does.”

“You shouldn’t worry about things going wrong,” Jihyun reprimanded softly. “You should be thinking about all the reasons that you like Yoongi, and that you two are happy.”

Jimin chuckled softly.

“When did you become so wise?” He asked teasingly. Jihyun hummed.

“Well, once you moved out, I finally started to be exposed to smart people and-”

Jimin interrupted him by laughing, so Jihyun laughed too.

“You should go back into the kitchen, you know Yoongi likes it when you watch him cook,” Jihyun said after their laughter had quieted down.

“You think?” Jimin mumbled back. His brother nodded and patted his back.

“I’ll meet you in there in a second, I need to break up with my girlfriend.”

“What?” Jimin blurted. “But I thought you liked Do Hee?”

“I kept thinking that the longer we were together, the more I would like her,” Jihyun admitted. “I only started going out with her cause she was cute and nice, but man, after seeing you and Yoongi, I don’t think I want to settle anymore.”

Jimin wasn’t going to say it but he was pretty sure that was one of the nicest things his brother had ever said to him.


“This town is really cute,” Yoongi said pleasantly. Jimin glanced at him, a frustrated expression spread over his face.

“You gotta stop saying that. It’s too hot here, this town is too small, and there’s nothing fun to do but hang around at home and walk at sunset,” Jimin protested. Yoongi laughed and slipped his hand into Jimin’s free hanging one.

Jimin looked away from him when he did that to hide the smile crossing his face.

“But it’s got you,” Yoongi replied. “And that makes it the best town in this whole country.”
Jimin scoffed.

“You’re so cheesy,” he mumbled indignantly. “I would definitely prefer it to snow for Christmas.”

“Do you not believe in Christmas Miracles?” Yoongi asked teasingly. Jimin glanced at him, completely unsurprised to find him looking at him with an amused smirk on his face.

“Don’t tease me,” he mumbled back. “You know I believe it that kind of ridiculous notion.”

“And that’s one of the many reasons I love you,” Yoongi said pleasantly. He looked away from Jimin and focused on a passing tree. “Thanks for telling your family about us.”

Jimin sighed.

“I should have told them sooner,” he mumbled. Yoongi squeezed his hand.

“That’s not the point. The point is that you did it,” he said.

Jimin looked at him, staring at the soft expression on his face. He wondered idly if part of the reason that Yoongi was so okay with how long he had waited was because he still apparently had some secrets he needed to tell Jimin.

He wondered for a second if he was going to tell him right then.

He waited a moment but decided after a while that he wasn’t going to do so.

Honestly, that was okay with Jimin.

As much as he would like to know why everyone at school found it acceptable to spread wild rumors about him, he found that his brother was right.

Say Yoongi cheated on someone in the past. Say Yoongi did something awful to someone way back before Jimin met him. That was all behind him now.

It had been said before that people never changed.

True or not, Yoongi was clearly different than how everyone else saw him. Jimin took a step in front of Yoongi, stopping the older boy in his tracks. Yoongi quirked an eyebrow down at him, a soft smile spread over his face.

“You okay?”

Jimin leaned up ever so slightly and pressed his lips to Yoongi’s. The kiss was brief, but that was okay because it was meant to be just a quick reflection of his overall affection towards him.

“I’ve never been better,” he mumbled shyly. Yoongi chuckled and tugged Jimin closer to him by their conjoined hands. Their lips met once again, but this time Yoongi had deepened the kiss, making it so dramatic that Jimin was actually bent back a little to adjust to the motion.

“If you think that you can’t get off that easily,” Yoongi murmured into his lips. “You’re wrong.”

Jimin laughed against Yoongi’s lips and nodded briefly, his nose brushing against Yoongi’s due to the close proximity.

“I could kiss you all day, Min Yoongi.”

“I just might take you up on that.”